Shastri is doing a great job

Wow yes . New ears eve had a drink or 2 . Horrible hard away series so this could back fire 

but yes shastri did a goo job last time and this time. Player with big egos happy and team is winning big time

gotta say heard plenty of interviews with shastri and never disagree with his points 

better coach then commentary 

Edited by Laaloo
2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Wow yes . New ears eve had a drink or 2 . Horrible hard away series so this could back fire 

but yes shastri did a goo job last time and this time. Player with big egos happy and team is winning big time

gotta say heard plenty of interviews with shastri and never disagree with his points 

better coach then commentary 

You had the drink or 2 ? Coz, that must be why are praising Ravi Frikkn Shastri !

He has been good in whatever is best at .....

At international level , u cant change coach players much its all about mindset . Once nehra said in an interview "the quality of shastri is that he can make an out of form player feel like he has smashed an 100" this is really helpful in such a pressure oriented game . 

His man managements looks to be good which is what coaching at international is mostly about. At the end what matters is the atmosphere in dressing room. He looks like someone who gives captain enough space . 

Few good things have happened during his tenure- players going to county in the time they got, taking extra fast bowlers to SA. 

About youngsters not getting chance- its all kohli i beilve, shastri in commentry have been very vocal about juniors getting a chance . Even during the chappell-ganguly saga he kind of had his weight on chappell side to get in more youngsters. 

Surely sometimes we do miss having someone with more inputs n technical help and even logical ones. Just feel he n kohli think a like a lot thats why may be their arent to many new things happening or someone isnt there to look at things from diff end. 

I wish we cud have some one like Zaheer in dressing room to have some diff perspective.....

I wanted Moody/Kohli for 2019, but honestly not too bothered by Shastri. Indians tend to hate on one person a lot and the hate Shastri gets here is amazing and funny at the same time. 

Still early days for Shastri day with biggest test yet to come. All the best to the tracer bullet because it won't be as easy, but I think he keeps the team together, and that is what is more important to me that the team together is happy. Hopefully he will implement the changes which most of us want, but not all of us can be happy about every decision he makes or in other words, he can not make each one of us happy as we all have our own preferences. 

Big year coming up. Shastri will be hailed or will get a lot of stick. I think it will be the former over the latter. Shastri has been damn lucky in the big moments of Indian Cricket. Next year is big, I think he will get us that luck to get us going. 

2 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Ravi Shastri is just a stooge (also known as chamcha / edu-pidi ) to Kohli.

So anyone who keeps the atmosphere and people around happy is a chamcha, what a mindless reply

Gary kirsten was same wud u call him chamcha to 

Virat kohli is a top player , people dnt reach at top having chamchas around. Chamchas can only please avg achievers .

Even in 2007 when he got the job for may be one series, he got a very good feedback from the team and they wanted him to be the coach but he wasnt intersted. That team had dravid as captain u think he ll have a chamcha or a legend like tendulkar wud 

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So anyone who keeps the atmosphere and people around happy is a chamcha, what a mindless reply

Gary kirsten was same wud u call him chamcha to 

Virat kohli is a top player , people dnt reach at top having chamchas around. Chamchas can only please avg achievers .

Even in 2007 when he got the job for may be one series, he got a very good feedback from the team and they wanted him to be the coach but he wasnt intersted. That team had dravid as captain u think he ll have a chamcha or a legend like tendulkar wud 

Yes Gary Kirsten was a chamcha.

Chappell was the other extreme...not a good man manager but had a lot of good ideas.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He has been good in whatever is best at .....

At international level , u cant change coach players much its all about mindset . Once nehra said in an interview "the quality of shastri is that he can make an out of form player feel like he has smashed an 100" this is really helpful in such a pressure oriented game . 

His man managements looks to be good which is what coaching at international is mostly about. At the end what matters is the atmosphere in dressing room. He looks like someone who gives captain enough space . 

Few good things have happened during his tenure- players going to county in the time they got, taking extra fast bowlers to SA. 

About youngsters not getting chance- its all kohli i beilve, shastri in commentry have been very vocal about juniors getting a chance . Even during the chappell-ganguly saga he kind of had his weight on chappell side to get in more youngsters. 

Surely sometimes we do miss having someone with more inputs n technical help and even logical ones. Just feel he n kohli think a like a lot thats why may be their arent to many new things happening or someone isnt there to look at things from diff end. 

I wish we cud have some one like Zaheer in dressing room to have some diff perspective.....

Ask me politely and I will tell you why you dont know anything about sports.

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Yes Gary Kirsten was a chamcha.

Chappell was the other extreme...not a good man manager but had a lot of good ideas.

A chamcha wud never write a report in which he wud say he is fitter then current player, which kirsten did after 2010 t20Wc clearly targetting yuvraj singh 

Chamcha is a very derogatory term to both coach n players

6 hours ago, Khota said:

Ask me politely and I will tell you why you dont know anything about sports.

ill rather get rabies then ask someone who says IPL is more relevant then test cricket. 

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Out of curiosity 

anyone got any stats ?

he been coach twice . What are the win/loss ratios under shastri compared to other coaches ? Genuinely I have no idea just curious 

Too lazy to filter stats, but Shastri hasn't lost much. I mean think about the games India played recently at home. India haven't lost anything under Kumble/Shastri/Kohli at home. Not even ODI'S to Australia which we are used to losing at home to Australia in the past. The big does await though. Again its an overrated job, this coaching.