Shastri is doing a great job

12 hours ago, Khota said:

Ask me politely and I will tell you why you dont know anything about sports.

Cricket is not football. There, strategic coaches like Pep Guardiola are major...Cricket is not a fluid game, every ball is a match up of individual skill and not team based. Therefore individual skill takes precedence over coaching. The only aim of coaching is to get the best players possible and in an attacking mindset. You cannot significantly improve a cricket player who is aged 20-30 via technical coaching. Technical coaching is best placed in lower age groups...you don't know anything about cricket. 

35 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Cricket is not football. There, strategic coaches like Pep Guardiola are major...Cricket is not a fluid game, every ball is a match up of individual skill and not team based. Therefore individual skill takes precedence over coaching. The only aim of coaching is to get the best players possible and in an attacking mindset. You cannot significantly improve a cricket player who is aged 20-30 via technical coaching. Technical coaching is best placed in lower age groups...you don't know anything about cricket. 

All sports are basically similar. Cricket is also a very strategic team sport.  To get a batsman out you need a strstegic planning and good field placement. On top of that you need a analyst in the room who knows the tendencies of the batsman. Done correctly every ball is a strategic delivery. Coaches have a lot to do. As far as improvement is concerned everyone has a weak point. It could be hook shot or square cut. A bating coach will help you improve.

Every sports needs a coach.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

A chamcha wud never write a report in which he wud say he is fitter then current player, which kirsten did after 2010 t20Wc clearly targetting yuvraj singh 

Chamcha is a very derogatory term to both coach n players

ill rather get rabies then ask someone who says IPL is more relevant then test cricket. 

Be very careful what you wish for. It might come true.

Edited by Khota
25 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Happy New year khota bhai.. Hopefully your logics ll continue though out the year. You know I am big fan of you :adore: 

I hope our DK ll prove you right.. who ever questioned your judgement. 

Happy New Year to you my friend. May the new year brings you health and prosperity. You do know none of it is personal.

My uncle use to always say that ..."If shastri was captain instead of Azhar, India would have won lot more matches and India could have unearthed some wonderful players"...

According to him, Sashri is very brainy and knows how to make good usage of limited resources....seems like he has good eye for talent"...

14 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

My uncle use to always say that ..."If shastri was captain instead of Azhar, India would have won lot more matches and India could have unearthed some wonderful players"...

According to him, Sashri is very brainy and knows how to make good usage of limited resources....seems like he has good eye for talent"...

Even tendulkar has said in his interviews, after his 1st game when he felt he was struggling against international pace it was shastri words that gave him calm

Virat has said post Aus 2015 tour , it was shastri advice to stand outside crease that helped him

When raina came back in 2014 eng tour and made a 100, he gave a lot of credit to shastri for all the mental help.....

He is annoying no doubt but has done well in his capacity. Ultimately its a captain's show

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Too lazy to filter stats, but Shastri hasn't lost much. I mean think about the games India played recently at home. India haven't lost anything under Kumble/Shastri/Kohli at home. Not even ODI'S to Australia which we are used to losing at home to Australia in the past. The big does await though. Again its an overrated job, this coaching.

We lost a odi series vs frickin Bangladesh , We lost a odi series vs Australia in Australia , we lost odi series vs South Africa at home all under Shastri lol.... Sure we might have beat up other teams at home which we could have done if you and me were coach as well lol.. the only thing significant thing  he gloats about is winning the Asia cup T20 and beating Aus 3-0 in T20s which was against a Z grade Aus team. 

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

We lost a odi series vs frickin Bangladesh , We lost a odi series vs Australia in Australia , we lost odi series vs South Africa at home all under Shastri lol.... Sure we might have beat up other teams at home which we could have done if you and me were coach as well lol.. the only thing significant thing  he gloats about is winning the Asia cup T20 and beating Aus 3-0 in T20s which was against a Z grade Aus team. 

Lol you are trying to start interim coach thing where he wasn’t even the full coach. yet and Kumble was to come.

Anyways, I am not sure if he keeps gloating about winning the Asia cup. You may be watching something on repeat mode which makes you think that or are fixated with watching his videos.

Like I said, real test awaits for all next one year.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Lol you are trying to start interim coach thing where he wasn’t even the full coach. yet and Kumble was to come.

Anyways, I am not sure if he keeps gloating about winning the Asia cup. You may be watching something on repeat mode which makes you think that or are fixated with watching his videos.

Like I said, real test awaits for all next one year.

So you mean to say if you are an interim coach you don’t need to do your job :cantstop:

anyway Shastri might be the greatest thing since sliced bread “according to you” but the way he became coach and the backdoor politicking that lead to it has left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth.

Usually if someone gets selected with so much politics it means they are not really that good to begin with because if you are good you don’t all that...anyways for your sake let us hope Shastri is an exception.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

So you mean to say if you are an interim coach you don’t need to do your job :cantstop:

anyway Shastri might be the greatest thing since sliced bread “according to you” but the way he became coach and the backdoor politicking that lead to it has left a sour taste in everyone’s mouth.

Usually if someone gets selected with so much politics it means they are not really that good to begin with because if you are good you don’t all that...anyways for your sake let us hope Shastri is an exception.

How he got the job is not relevant and also just speculation

clearly kohli and had enough of Kumble and wanted him out . Kumble dumped . Kohli clealry also wanted shastri and so back door things done to get him in . I have no issues with shastri found though back doors to get job , he was clearly the man kohli wanted and want kohli wants he gets 

10 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Can someone post shastri as coach , win/loss ratio in all formats and how other Indian coaches stats over last 10 years 

curious 

His records should be one of the best, we lost only 2 test matches in Oz, 3 in England, 1 each in South Africa, SriLanka and NZ. 

I can become coach of Indian Team right now, i will have better records than most of coaches through out the History. 

Edited by wanted_desi

I am SORRY i cant answer the question right now.... i can definitely answer after the African test series is Over.

winning in india and beating lankans in lanka specially when lankan selectors seem very Poor as they are playing musical chairs in team selection.

I have just got HIT and i need a NEW IT lead JOB..i Should apply for Srilankan Selectors job if they are open to select an INDIAN as I will never be partial and will do correct Selection and will give time for players to perform.

by the way..any good paying Cricket JOB Available for Me...coaches in cricket make lil money but Still if its a team who can pay well, i can join as coach.