Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mancalledsting

Better captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?

Better captain (All formats)  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was the better India captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Ganguly used to back his players well, however Dhoni in his prime as captain was more shrewd than anyone I have seen and in particular more attentive. I missed that part of Dhoni's captaincy in the later stages of his career but he was really innovative in the first part of his captaincy career.

 

Ganguly had his principles and no no eff attitude which might sound smart and handsome like keeping Steve Waugh waiting for the toss, but to me was pathetic attitude for an international captain, and it reeks of grudge filled attitude from Ganguly.

Dhoni in this way I felt must have been better and probably did not show any grudge ever and must have been more easy to approach.

 

Dhoni in his prime is ahead for me over Ganguly.

In test or odi? Odi he was goid but in test he was pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Wah beta jo bhi achey player bane to dhoni ne usko banya aur dhoni ka decision tha aur jo bhi bekar nikal gaye wo players ki khud ki vajah se nikaley......typical hypocracy. Bhai tu chor de usko uske haal pe, tu aise hi usko endorse karta raha to wo uski lutiya dub jayegi

Beta padhna seekho, i have written about all. Dhoni agenda ke aage bhi padhna seekhlo

 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yuvraj n dhoni nurturing credit shud also go to chappell n dravid. 

Bumrah , pandya have been well backed n continued under kohli as well . 

 

abhi tak to dubbi, abhi ke liye tu chodh de 

 

21 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Dhoni ne Kohli ko bachpan mein bhi doodh peeta sikhaya tha - Ankit chamcha

Laloo ke post ka standard......Lalu prasad yadav ko bagal men baith ke likha rhe ho 

 

 

anyways both of u keep me our of ur post.........khelo chamcha chamcha when no one agrees with u 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Shunya said:

its just agenda and the usual suspects will gang up and turn it into a circlejerk

Idiots ganged up on sid and he is now gone.. next target SS. He barely posts here anymore. Tried to pick on me.. Didn't work got owned everytime..Now fresh target these days is Ankit sharma.. That how they drove away many other people from this forum.. It..Helps when you have that one troll in place to delete other peoples posts:phehe: when chamcha gang is getting REKT..

Edited by Rasgulla

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

You mean we ll let sachin chamchas/anti brigade decide the poll:cantstop: open  sachin vs pointing captaincy thread.. sachin will win by 20 votes minimum..:giggle:

 

Mancalledsting - Your points explain everything.. 3 vs 9( lot of rubbish ofcouse) Lol 

 

Laaloo - troll mod..biggest chamcha ever next to "New guy" only..

 

Manaic - gets triggered when "Aiiliaa" name gets mentioned..

 

King Tendulkar - That name explains it all

 

Express, Mosher - Phasttt.. :cantstop: yadav fans who feels he was humiliated during Dhoni era.. Gets benched by Kohli regularly which is another day discussion

 

Slowheat - software operated doesn't even count

 

Lannister - wants India to lose recently cause his karnataka player "Rahul" wasn't selected.. Officially pledged his support for RSA.. Holds a grudge vijay kumar wasn't selected back in those days..

 

Mccricket, kira, raki, Khota bhai... List is long enough. Pointless poll :phehe: Easily predictable..

 

If everyone against him means atleast you are outnumbered and shoul be odd man out. However if you open your eyes and see i and some other o  this forum  have equally criticized other players as well and dont stoop to any level for idol worshiping. For me Indian cricket is bigger than any individual , unfortunately no use to explain it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Beta padhna seekho, i have written about all. Dhoni agenda ke aage bhi padhna seekhlo

 

 

abhi tak to dubbi, abhi ke liye tu chodh de 

 

Laloo ke post ka standard......Lalu prasad yadav ko bagal men baith ke likha rhe ho 

 

 

anyways both of u keep me our of ur post.........khelo chamcha chamcha when no one agrees with u 

Lol I was just responding to your ironic post when you tell others to stop posting with agenda when you yourself have been found doing chamchagiri above and and beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Idiots ganged up on sid and he is now gone.. next target SS. He barely posts here anymore. Tried to pick on me.. Didn't work got owned everytime..Now fresh target these days is Ankit sharma.. That how they drove away many other people from this forum.. It..Helps when you have that one troll in place to delete other peoples posts:phehe: when chamcha gang is getting REKT..

You should leave it as well. No point responding to every dumb personal attack. Why are you wasting so much time behind them. They sound very frustrated in life for some reason if they have to do all this on an internet forum. 

Edited by Shunya

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Beta padhna seekho, i have written about all. Dhoni agenda ke aage bhi padhna seekhlo

 

 

abhi tak to dubbi, abhi ke liye tu chodh de 

 

Laloo ke post ka standard......Lalu prasad yadav ko bagal men baith ke likha rhe ho 

 

 

anyways both of u keep me our of ur post.........khelo chamcha chamcha when no one agrees with u 

Aur maine bhi feedback saaro pe diya hai. Ganguly is no more playing hence i asked you to lave dhoni on his own.I see you try to be diplomatic while supporting dhoni,but your biases are clearly visible.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If everyone against him means atleast you are outnumbered and shoul be odd man out. However if you open your eyes and see i and some other o  this forum  have equally criticized other players as well and dont stoop to any level for idol worshiping. For me Indian cricket is bigger than any individual , unfortunately no use to explain it to you.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.. I never said everyone are against him. We got very few neutrals left after regular gang attacks by usual mob.. They dont even post much..Those names I mentioned defo are..Maybe 1 or 2 questionable. 

Edited by Rasgulla

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Tests he sucked but still during his early days he wasn’t as bad as in his later stages.

May be in early days it dint expose due to better test players being in the team. But once they started fading his captaincy in test got a jolt.

Share this post


Link to post

MSD was Mike Brearley's second coming. Look at the criticisms below, would a good captain ever have these accusations labelled against him?

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeHxFhD4Z5w

 

Dhoni's blunders: 1:00

 

"leg slip placed when batsmen struggle outside the off stump 

bowling spinners when conditions helped seamers 

picking a bowler when conditions begged for a batsmen

MSD seemed to be all lost in England 

bottom line is, its now time for Dhoni to walk"

 

"at times it is just inexplicable what the skipper is thinking" 2:40

 

2:47 "I was a bitt baffled by some of his decisions, especially standing back to Jadeja at Lords, I just couldn't believe it, am I seeing things here, I had to rub my eyes in disbelief" Farokh Engineer 

 

3:20 "or has he become too powerful to control his own destiny"

 

4:11 "I said in 2011...that was the time for Dhoni to go" Ganguly

 

5:23 "the overseas performance has been appalling" Ganguly

 

5:50 "its reaching a level where this team is outright embarrassing to watch"

 

7:50 "I don't think the Indian captain helped with his strategies" Ganguly

 

18:00 "we've been appalling last 4 years in test cricket"

 

Edited by mancalledsting

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Constructive criticism is always welcome.. I never said everyone are against him. We got very few neurals left after regular gang attacks by usual mob.. They dont even post much..Those names I mentioned defo are..Maybe 1 or 2 questionable. 

a lot of cricketers/analysts agree with many of my sentiments, as I will continue to prove in upcoming posts on MSD's captaincy 

Edited by mancalledsting

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Lol I was just responding to your ironic post when you tell others to stop posting with agenda when you yourself have been found doing chamchagiri above and and beyond. 

You talking about chamchagiri is like laaloo prasad talking about how saaf he is.. You got called out by many users for posting agenda driven posts.. That fact you are mod makes many people sick. :phew: Fact that you Target Ankit these days.. says alot. You pretty much lived your whole life targeting people here. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

May be in early days it dint expose due to better test players being in the team. But once they started fading his captaincy in test got a jolt.

Post world up win in 2011 he was a weak captain in both test and ODI's. Dhoni was excellent leader in first four years. compmared to next 3-4 years after the world cup win.

 

Only positive thing in his post 2011 world cup captaincy was that he did not let the 0-8 result affect the team and handled it pretty well in that hopeless period of Indian Cricket. But it was high time for us to get a new test captain.

Share this post


Link to post

No one mentioned, how Indian team under Ganguly suddenly developed a mental block in finals. Indian  team which used to win some finals with inferior set of players in 1990s was suddenly struggling to win any. No one can say that team didn't have capability, as sometimes they used to best team only to lose the last game

 

The way ODI team regressed suddenly was alaraming and was probably overshowed by overhyping shirt waving victory at Lords. We lost 4-3 to WI in 2002 at home and then 5-2 in NZ. Batting was down on confidence and SRT saved us in World cup.

 

In this regards Dhoni is way better than any other Indian captain. 

 

Although Ganguly took over during bas phase, he got best set of players. Dravid hit his peak in 2002 and continued same form till 2006. He was like Smith during this phase scoring truckloads of runs. SRT wasn't at peak, but still he managed to average 63 this phase.

 

Dravid - 73

SRT - 63

Sehwag - 52

Laxman - 52

 

How many captains have luxury of 4 batsman averaging over 52 with 1 in 70s and 1 in 60s. This was one of the strongest batting line up in history of Indian cricket and reason why we managed to save so many games overseas.

 

How can anyone credit Ganguly for greatness of Dravid, SRT and Laxman?

 

Along with that he got 2 spinners at peak under him - Kumble and Bhajji. Lack of pace options meant he couldn't many games away.

 

Ganguly certainly did well to hold the team together during initial years when there was too much discontent after match fixing saga. Situation was completely opposite to what it is now. Jayant Lele had no faith in Kapil Dev as coach who was busy taking care of his own group. Kapil Dev tried to hide Jadeja's injury to help him get into team and despite his efforts. Tendulkar was caught between all this and he wasn't happy about team selections. There was sense of mutual distrust on all sides. Team was low on confidence and when Ganguly took over many people were wondering whether he would be allowed to do his work freely. 

 

Luckily we got rid of Kapil Dev quickly and changes in adminstration/selection panel ensured a better relationship everywhere. Appointing John Wright was probably best thing to happen at that time as he left politics and all to others and focussed on the game. Ganguly certainly did very well ensuring that friction is reduced everywhere and everyone is limited to their intended roles only. He was a better man manager than any other captain.

 

Ganguly was the person who took capable people up the mountain and was suceesful in that, while on the other hand Dhoni took over when same people were going downhill. Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, all players started declining after 2009-10 and there was no easy way to phase them out as they were great players. No wonder most those batsmen have low averages under him. However he got Zak at prime albeit for very few matches and was able maximise those resources to achieve great results both at home and away.

 

Once they all hit bottom at once, he was left with worst team we have seen so far. No batsman or bowler was ranked among top 10 in 2012 for India. This was extraordinary situation compounded by Dhoni's own lack of ideas. He didn't try anything at all when team was losing in England or Australia. However forced by conditions, he backed young players like Ashwin and Jadeja who turned out to be match winners later.

 

Almost everyone called Vijay and Jadeja as CSK picks, but those have been our best turn arounds in test cricket in last 5 years. Especially Jadeja who has been winning for us on flat pitches. He didn't give on any other batsmen easily either. This is something most of Indian captains have failed to manage.

 

Dhoni maximised ODI potential of the team. He was helped by the consistent use of same pattern which worked for him for long time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Congrats picked..on typo:giggle: Glad you still can't backup your nonsense you listed in first post.. explains everything about your agenda driven thread.

you'll now see that I've amended that post now- that was going too far and so I've corrected my mistake.  

Share this post


Link to post

Captaincy is bound to get stale after a period that's why captaincy has always has use by date attached to them.After a while it doesn't matter who the captain is message gets lost in translation.

 

Both Dhoni and Ganguly were utterly conservative captains.Dhoni gets a plus for me as he was a very good in handling spinners. Both were found wanting in handling fast bowlers.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Shunya said:

You should leave it as well. No point responding to every dumb personal attack. Why are you wasting so much time behind them. They sound very frustrated in life for some reason if they have to do all this on an internet forum. 

:cantstop: what i knew from old users was.. They were rickrolled pretty badly by old Dhoni fans ( who no longer post here) back in those last years of sachin.. It left a big hole in their heart..So they formed this little Anti-Club and trying to attack anyone who posts a positive things about dhoni. So they ll be called either a chamcha or a PR... So anyone who go against this are Targeted like Ankit these days for example... When sachin name is mentioned or compared they get "Triggered" and starts abusing :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Captaincy is bound to get stale after a period that's why captaincy has always has use by date attached to them.After a while it doesn't matter who the captain is message gets lost in translation.

Yes they both in their last phases backed some player more then they shud have had, their ideas got stale but that happens with all the captain world around

Thats why they say a captain has a shelf life 

Quote

 

Both Dhoni and Ganguly were utterly conservative captains.Dhoni gets a plus for me as he was a very good in handling spinners. Both were found wanting in handling fast bowlers.

I think both were bold captain, i have only found kohli damn conservative as captain

 

Ganguly was actually a bit better with fast bowler, he had more confidence then dhoni in fast bowlers. 

My one criticism with ganguly was at end he kept on backing zak n nehra when tehy were getting constantly injured, hence playing them before they cud achieve match fitness which use to lead a breakdown often . 

Thats why chappell also had some good things with his phase when he bought in many youngsters all of sudden 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

a lot of cricketers/analysts agree with many of my sentiments, as I will continue to prove in upcoming posts on MSD's captaincy 

And who are those legends/analysts ? Are you just gonna throw in some random names or list ? Feel free.. Ganguly ? Same guy who said Rahane should play T20s and #3 in Odis :cantstop:.. If I dig.. I ll find tons of crap from him as so called pundit.

 

I don't know what you are going to prove man.. You are twisting your tounge faster than a politicican for Example..

 

Me: How was he a bad captain? 

 

U : We got whitewashed under him in away series in Aus and England

 

Me:  We were #1 in Tests first time under him for the first time in History

 

U :  zaheer was the captain of the bowling attack..back in those days .. Dhoni gets no credit for us being #1. Zaheer was the reason

 

Me : wasn't Zaheer captain of bowling attack  in those Away tours where we got whitewashed? 

 

U : "Are you older than 13? "

      "we ll let voters decide"

       "You got very few neurons left"

 

Me : Congrats.. You won for picking on typos :adore: Great discussion

       

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Post world up win in 2011 he was a weak captain in both test and ODI's. Dhoni was excellent leader in first four years. compmared to next 3-4 years after the world cup win.

 

Only positive thing in his post 2011 world cup captaincy was that he did not let the 0-8 result affect the team and handled it pretty well in that hopeless period of Indian Cricket. But it was high time for us to get a new test captain.

I find both ganguly and dhoni good in some ways. Ganguly instill the confidence that we can perform against the best in test and it shows in few of the biggest test victory under his captaincy. Similarly with Dhoni he always try to do something new especially  in odis. Even after 2011 if you see few things which he tried was awesome like asking dhwan and rohit to open in ct13, provided chance to bumrah and pandya(especially against t20wc match against bd). Last but not the list trying jadhav as an bowler in nz series where he got man of the series, well it may be pure luck especially  trying pandya in last over against bd and giving jadhav bowling against nz. But credit must go to him, i find this missing in kohli as he always stick with orthodox  approach sometimes you need to think out of box, you might fail but no one will question that you didn't  try.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

:cantstop: what i knew from old users was.. They were rickrolled pretty badly by old Dhoni fans ( who no longer post here) back in those last years of sachin.. It left a big hole in their heart..So they formed this little Anti-Club and trying to attack anyone who posts a positive things about dhoni. So they ll be called either a chamcha or a PR... So anyone who go against this are Targeted like Ankit these days for example... When sachin name is mentioned or compared they get "Triggered" and starts abusing :giggle:

Yea, I have myself observed that on/off since for years now on this forum as well as previous one during Ganguly/Dravid era. Some people are just too frustrated. Let it go. Dissing Sachin or Dhoni both is a sad thing to see for me. Some butthurt people have turned this into some who has more followers type competition and that too on online forum ffs :facepalm: They just cannot see how dumb it is and constantly provoke and rile everyone up to get some sadistic pleasure. I am proud and have felt lot of joy watching Dhoni play for our team and also for lot of other players including Sachin, Yuvi and lot more. Some idiots on an online forum cannot change that feeling. 

Stop driving yourself nuts responding to agenda driven posts. Its not worth it.

Share this post


Link to post

A true story...my Grandma’s sister was deaf and mute(god rest  both their souls) ...I didn’t know if that was  the traditional sign language but after a while me and most of my cousins understood her and could communicate with her,we just subconsciously picked it up.

 

Why I randomly remembered this is because Is it just me or have @Rasgulla ‘s posts gotten more comprehensible? Unless his new year resoultion is to make an attempt to structure sentences and paragraphs I might be subconsciously picking up on his ramblings :fear1:

 

 

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

A true story...my Grandma’s sister was deaf and mute(god rest  both their souls) ...I didn’t know if that was  the traditional sign language but after a while me and most of my cousins understood her and could communicate with her,we just subconsciously picked it up.

 

Why I randomly remembered this is because Is it just me or have @Rasgulla ‘s posts gotten more comprehensible? Unless his new year resoultion is to make an attempt to structure sentences and paragraphs I might be subconsciously picking up on his ramblings :fear1:

 

 

@velu neutered his dog

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU1_0zQly74

 

0:20 "One ridiculous answer which I just cannot fathom, is that when Dhoni is asked what should happen, he says we should take more wickets and score more runs, he repeated that ad nauseam in that press conference today"

 

 

00:58 "You don't need to be in one of these press conferences, just rewind the tape you've heard at Lords and just say its from Melbourne, he just keeps on saying we need to score more runs and take more wickets"

 

1:46 "pretty ridiculous captaincy in terms of setting defensive fields"

 

2:00 "does he deserve a place in the side based in the first place that he'll continue to captain that side"

 

2:20 "we don't want to talk about it, Atul Wassan will jump out of the tv screen, a lot of people will call out for blue murder, look at the positives, why is the media so negative, they'll still try to sugar coat this"

 

5:45 "my question is to Dhoni's biggest defender Atul Wassan...MS Dhoni has done great in LO cricket but I'm sorry he's thoroughly mediocre when it comes to test cricket, especially outside the sub content, he's out of sorts, he's out of his depth, when he needs to think out of the box he's not captain cool"

 

7:25 "why are you avoiding making a direct comment on the captain's mediocre performance in tests"

 

7:55 "is he now test captain for life? 4-0 England, 2-0 Australia, are you saying any commentary on him is scathing criticism"

 

9:10 "his strategic assessment of a situation requires some tuning up" Arun Lal

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

:ahhhhh: Times now masala with arnab. now this Pakistani pro atul ll talk about captaincy. Played 4 tests at 23 and 9 odis at 8.25 average

 

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/videos/it-is-a-wonderful-symbolic-gesture-by-all-players-to-play-in-pakistan-atul-wassan-467639

 

Analysts:adore:

You're completely losing the plot here.

 

 If you actually watch the video, Atul Wassan is the biggest pro Dhoni propagandist out there. That quote you read was actually mocking Atul for his biased support of Dhoni. Now you're claiming I tried to used Atul's view in support of my own. No wonder you have such a hard time getting your facts straight 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

You're completely losing the plot here.

 

 If you actually watch the video, Atul Wassan is the biggest pro Dhoni propagandist out there. That quote you read was actually mocking Atul for his biased support of Dhoni. Now you're claiming I tried to used Atul's view in support of my own. No wonder you have such a hard time getting your facts straight 

I don't think you got my point here.. I read the comments you posted here. I don't care what that masala channel does for TRP.. I was just using him as an example of so called pundits/analysts that can be pro/anti Dhoni.. Atul was somewhat recognizable compared to some unknown dude sitting there.

 

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

my question is to Dhoni's biggest defender Atul Wassan...

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

we don't want to talk about it, Atul Wassan will jump out of the tv screen,

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

I don't think you got my point here.. I read the comments you posted here. I don't care what that masala channel does for TRP.. I was just using him as an example of so called pundits/analysts that can be pro/anti Dhoni.. Atul was somewhat recognizable compared to some unknown dude sitting there.

 

 

I don't think anybody gets your points anywhere 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

I don't think anybody gets your points anywhere 

Me: How was he a bad captain? 

 

U : We got whitewashed under him in away series in Aus and England

 

Me:  We were #1 in Tests first time under him for the first time in History

 

U :  zaheer was the captain of the bowling attack..back in those days .. Dhoni gets no credit for us being #1. Zaheer was the reason

 

Me : wasn't Zaheer captain of bowling attack  in those Away tours where we got whitewashed? 

 

U : "Are you older than 13? "

      "we ll let voters decide"

       "You got very few neurons left"

 

Me : Congrats.. You won for picking on typos :adore: Great discussion

 

U :  Analysts such as Atul and some Nobody has this discussion on a masala channel about Dhoni

 

Me: I don't care what that flop ex- cricketer and few other clowns said on masala channel for TRPs.. 

 

U :  "Don't think anybody gets your points anywhere" 

 

Me : :facepalm: 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

So what was he suppose to do? Who was going to bowl?

You remove the only wkt kpr you have from a strategic position and put a part time guy there. That was stupid. Any of the guys could do it and spin bowlers could always bowl more over.

 

Besides that the entire team under his captaincy played with zero effort. That man was done at that point.

Share this post


Link to post

Ganguly, and dhoni don't  even come close, one was a hostile tiger who lead from the front, built a team which was hungry for a win 2011wc winning team almost all groomed by ganguly, ganguly planted seeds and grew up a tree dhoni just came and pluck the fruits off it, ganguly balanced the team and focused on weak link bowling and tried hard to improve it and dhoni destroyed our bowling made it a joke as he was clueless, ganguly was known for his aggressiveness on the field while the other was busy doing this

Bgp0fJMCMAEjMnf_2.jpg

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: what a brooding captain :hysterical::hysterical: 

Edited by speedheat

Share this post


Link to post

Dhoni's success in ODIs is mainly because of the strong team he had under him and his cowardly defensive captainship (some say cool) did suit that format. But the likes of Yuvraj, Kohli were the reasons behind his popularity. And his true abilities were showed in Test cricket. His lack of ability to understand the format and his failures there, saw Indian cricket shift towards LOI cricket and with the help of crook Srinivasan. I am glad that we have rid of this village rat from the captainship. He can lunge all he wants as long as he's made insignificant under the captaincy of Kohli and Sharma. 

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Ganguly, and dhoni don't  even come close, one was a hostile tiger who lead from the front, built a team which was hungry for a win 2011wc winning team almost all groomed by ganguly, ganguly planted seeds and grew up a tree dhoni just came and pluck the fruits off it, ganguly balanced the team and focused on weak link bowling and tried hard to improve it and dhoni destroyed our bowling made it a joke as he was clueless, ganguly was known for his aggressiveness on the field while the other was busy doing this

Bgp0fJMCMAEjMnf_2.jpg

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: what a brooding captain :hysterical::hysterical: 

:phehe:  u made my day 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

So are you trying to say sachin was jealous of Saurab's captaincy skills? This is something I totally agree about.. He is master politician as well who always backed Mumbai players.

Ganguly-76.19%  Dhoni 23.81% PicsArt_01-03-09_30_42.jpg.421d606b75b5a71644e922f44c83f6a5.jpg

 

No place to hide face :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: 

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Made a post once in this thread, copy pasted here

 

Better than starting with Vinay Kumar in Perth against Warner....:hatsoff:

Or a certain WK of the number 1 test team bowling in 1st day Lords test, 2011...:hatsoff:

Or limiting Ashwin to 2 overs and giving last over to Kohli in a WT20 SF....:hatsoff:

Or not declaring with a lead of 600 runs in a test match in NZ only to run out of time in the end....:hatsoff:

Or overseeing 2 300s and a 294 in a space of 3 years considering India had conceded only 2 300s in the 75+ years prior to that....:hatsoff:

Or sending UV before red hot Raina in WT20 finals in 2014...:hatsoff:

Or scolding and abusing Sreesanth because he was too aggressive when we were on the cusp of our 1st test series victory in RSA...:hatsoff:

Or making public the need for raging turners against England in 2012 after we had smashed Poms on a traditional deck in Ahmedabad....:hatsoff:

Or sidelining all quicks and promoting trundlers like Unadkat, Vinay Kumar, Dinda in our XI....:hatsoff:

.

.

.

List can go on and on and on and on..... Taras khaa raha hoon tum logon pe:goodnight:

 

Dhoni is an abomination of a captain. It is an insult to compare this simpleton with a bona fide legend like Dada. In a fair world this brainless shameless guy wouldn't be allowed to lead a bunch of schoolkids, only in a country where a Pappu can realistically hope to become a PM do you see this sort of blind hero worshipping, Dhoni chamchas are indeed a brainless spineless pitiable lot.

Team Dada all the way, F U Dhoni, F U Dhoni chamchabots.  

 

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post

Ganguly in tests and dhoni in odis.

but ganguly too had success in odis , we were a force under him in icc tournament ,reached 3 consecutive finals of major icc events but never had the trophy to show , dhoni took it to a level above by winning trophies,same way dhoni had success in tests as well ,we reached #1 under him.

But the biggest drawback of dhoni were the overseas tests, by God I haven't seen a more clueless captain than him in most of those overseas trip and he didn't even like the format tbh

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, adi B said:

Ganguly in tests and dhoni in odis.

but ganguly too had success in odis , we were a force under him in icc tournament ,reached 3 consecutive finals of major icc events but never had the trophy to show , dhoni took it to a level above by winning trophies,same way dhoni had success in tests as well ,we reached #1 under him.

But the biggest drawback of dhoni were the overseas tests, by God I haven't seen a more clueless captain than him in most of those overseas trip and he didn't even like the format tbh

Exactly, Ganguly was a great captain in both formats, ganguly owns dhoni easily in overall comparison 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×