Shy9

The Ashes 5Th Test: Australia vs England :Jan 4-8,2018 at Sydney

Uzzie Khawaja restart his previous innings of 79 not out ( Sydney) here vs Pakistan with fine 121 not out also completed 2000 Test runs in his 29Th Test, secure his place for next Australian Tour Of Southafrica 

smith 27 shorts  of 4th Century in the series :675 in 7 innings 

Aus 258 for 2 

Edited by Shy9
Unlock my account

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I still maintain that just like previous visit. he will look like top grade failure when he cimes to England. There is no alternative to technique

He has a 138*, 215 and 143 in England, also a 500+ run series. If that is top grade failure I don't know what success is.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He has a 138*, 215 and 143 in England, also a 500+ run series. If that is top grade failure I don't know what success is.

those people will want a 1000-run series from him. think bradman came close to it at one point.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

eng are so mediocre, dont even look like picking a wkt 

they need cloud cover, right pitch and a bit of tampering. they will become world-beaters when these work out. we'll be visiting them soon.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

they need cloud cover, right pitch and a bit of tampering. they will become world-beaters when these work out. we'll be visiting them soon.

i have been impressed with crane,they should let him develop instead of wasting time on ali 

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

this match (and series) is such a yawn-a-thon, apart from watching smith. bang vs sl would be more interesting and closely contested.

I think another innings thrashing coming eng way,what you think?

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I think another innings thrashing coming eng way,what you think?

pitch seems too flat, and lyon has not been fully up to par in the past 3 innings. could head for a draw, esp in cook gets stuck in.

I have to admit, I don't understand how people have patience to watch a test match. I know from a cricketer's perspective it shows you your real side or real game, if I was a cricketer by profession then tests would be everything to me but from a spectator's perspective it's a torture to watch, very masochistic.

Unless you have games played on greentops in South Africa and New Zealand, tests are seriously boring from a fan's perspective only!

8 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

How can you bowl so poorly in Sydney. I mean the spinners. I saw broad bowling just now and the pitch seems to be pretty loose with soil coming out.

It's England. Besides, large scores do occur in Sydney. Ind scored 700-odd against Oz in 2003-04.

55 minutes ago, Vijy said:

It's England. Besides, large scores do occur in Sydney. Ind scored 700-odd against Oz in 2003-04.

Yes but this pitch is different. Even half decent spinners could pick wickets. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Vince is one batsman who looks in great touch but ends up giving away his wicket. By the time India goes to UK in June, he can be the deal for England. He might not have put a lot of runs in this Ashes, but has it in him to be a top player. 

He is a hack - has been around forever and hasn’t figured it out. It in the happening - Eng has some serious questions coming up even at home once Anderson/Broad are done by next Ashes at home.

25 minutes ago, sm332 said:

He is a hack - has been around forever and hasn’t figured it out. It in the happening - Eng has some serious questions coming up even at home once Anderson/Broad are done by next Ashes at home.

The guy has shots, he is not someone who plays like a t20 player that I will call him a hack. Lacks bit of patience in his game but can improve his scores if he brings patience and starts playing everything.

38 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Vince is one batsman who looks in great touch but ends up giving away his wicket. By the time India goes to UK in June, he can be the deal for England. He might not have put a lot of runs in this Ashes, but has it in him to be a top player. 

he is a crap player. there was a nice article by kimber or someone which summarized his failings. he lacks the ability to learn from his mistake. just because he plays prettily and looks assured, people think he's suitable for tests but he's not.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The guy has shots, he is not someone who plays like a t20 player that I will call him a hack. Lacks bit of patience in his game but can improve his scores if he brings patience and starts playing everything.

he has played 12 tests so far and avgs in the low 20s (bhuvi level), not 2-3. how long is this learning curve supposed to be? maybe he'll do better at home against weak attacks, but that's about it.

Edited by Vijy

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is a crap player. there was a nice article by kimber or someone which summarized his failings. he lacks the ability to learn from his mistake. just because he plays prettily and looks assured, people think he's suitable for tests but he's not.

I am saying he has the ability. If the guy can bring some patience then he he has the game to take it to the next level. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

I am saying he has the ability. If the guy can bring some patience then he he has the game to take it to the next level. 

the point is that he lacks the ability. many of his dismissals show a pattern indicating clear weakness. he is not really test level. failed in div 1 mostly, and scored some runs in div 2.

perhaps he is good enough by eng standards. if Rohit had an avg of 20 after 12 tests (incl some at home), people would have called for his head (and rightly so) but eng go ga-ga over vince.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

the point is that he lacks the ability. many of his dismissals show a pattern indicating clear weakness. he is not really test level. failed in div 1 mostly, and scored some runs in div 2.

perhaps he is good enough by eng standards. if Rohit had an avg of 20 after 12 tests (incl some at home), people would have called for his head (and rightly so) but eng go ga-ga over vince.

I doubt England folks care much about him. They are going more gaga over Root and Coon modtly with Stoakes taking more limelight recently.

Vince was drafted early even with modest FC average even though others did better than him in county knly because they wanted to get him ready early. He started his cricket late from what I read and later was rushed to the set up because of desperation of England to promote a newbie and that is why his decline which you see in average. He is still too raw but if he can work that, he can be good for England for next 3-4 years at least for England. 

England Decline from Grace 

======================

Ball ( mo 2 for 170// Crane I for 193),bats (60 for 4) Field ( dropped 5 catches let Aus.piles  up 649/7)

i do not think they can do better in NZ 

Today Mitchell (101) Shaun (156) scored century in same innings,At oval Steve Waugh 157 and brother Mark Waugh hits 120 in the same innings

Reminds me 3rd incidents when vs NZ Test Ian Chappell and Grieg Chappell both scored CENTURY IN THE SAME INNINGS TWICE ( both innings both brother hits Century ) 

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

He could be drops I think only Malan will play vs India and Pakistan while all others left out except Tom Curran 

16 hours ago, Shy9 said:

93 for 4  day 4. Eng.

Aus.need 6 more wickets on day 5 to go 4/0 

Root was hospitalized yesterday because of Dehydration, Mo and Bairstow not out batsman, root will bats if he feel better but he is release from hospital

Root retired ILL 41

Lol, what has been the contribution of Moeen in this series? 

Batting avg below 20 & bowling avg in triple digits of 115 picking only 5 wickets. 

I fail to believe that Poms can't even replace this guy. Seriously poor & this guy played all tests. Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace are clueless. 

42 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Batting avg below 20 & bowling avg in triple digits of 115 picking only 5 wickets. 

I fail to believe that Poms can't even replace this guy. Seriously poor & this guy played all tests. Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace are clueless. 

He need 6 test series vs WI to uplift his career,he just dismissed for 13 

at Lunch Eng 144 for 5 

root yet another 50 not out (37th)by the time he retires he may break SRT record of 68 Test Fifty 

1 hour ago, Turning_track said:

of course he's pretty ordinary. eng just want batsmen who bowl part-time spin. hence their selection of dawson and ali.

2 hours ago, Turning_track said:

if i were english selector,will not select him ever again for tests

Guest, sign in to access all features.