India - SA all time test XI

Sooda

1 minute ago, Sooda said:

Yeh I literally just thought the same re MSD...got in Ashwin for Pollock so as to get more balanced attack

My team was for playing in South Africa only but read your title again and I think it's overall. Still I think laxman has done better against SAF than Dravid. 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

People are just trying to avoid picking Indian bowlers tbf :p:.

I see why OP wants a fair division but Saffers have been a better team than India for most of cricketing history - they began playing earlier, etc. Would rather pick: Barry Richards, Bruce Mitchell, Jacques Kallis, Graeme Pollock, AB de Villiers (wk), AD Nourse, Aubrey Faulkner, Mike Procter, Hugh Tayfield, Allan Donald, Dale Steyn. Batting till 8 comfortably, and Tayfield can bat pretty well at 9. 6 bowlers and 1 part-timer (Mitchell). I think this team could challenge, and maybe win against, some of the combined XIs listed earlier.

Edited by Vijy
10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I see why OP wants a fair division but Saffers have been a better team than India for most of cricketing history - they began playing earlier, etc. Would rather pick: Barry Richards, Bruce Mitchell, Jacques Kallis, Graeme Pollock, AB de Villiers (wk), AD Nourse, Aubrey Faulkner, Mike Procter, Hugh Tayfield, Allan Donald, Dale Steyn. Batting till 8 comfortably, and Tayfield can bat pretty well at 9. 6 bowlers and 1 part-timer (Mitchell). I think this team could challenge, and maybe win against, some of the combined XIs listed earlier.

Of course if there no restrictions, there would be many more Saffers than Indians in the side. I think only Gavaskar and SRT would be able to make to the XI.  

46 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Of course if there no restrictions, there would be many more Saffers than Indians in the side. I think only Gavaskar and SRT would be able to make to the XI.  

probably true. dravid may have an outside chance if ABDV keeps wkts

16 hours ago, Vijy said:

cannot fathom how everyone has Sehwag over Barry Richards. BR should be in the team ahead of Sunny G and Viru, even if we play in SC.

Thats a big call. I know he gets a huge amount of hype but that is based on a few tests and then county stints- I know the quality of county bowling was good and all but surely the test records of Gavaskar, Viru and Smith should trump that