Shy9

New Zealand vs Pakistan ODI series | Jan 6,9,13,16,19 - 2018

We are grateful for Misbah gifting 2 WCs with his tuk tuks.. thank you :hysterical: He ll always be our legend.  

What is this bakwaas reply man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Unstable Joe said:

Pak 159/7 39 overs

Shadab Khan and Hasan Ali at the crease.

Pak has been bamboozled by Kiwi bowlers :phehe:

Never heard of Nelson cricket ground, must be new 

5 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

Never heard of Nelson cricket ground, must be new 

Apparently it was established in 2009. Can't say I've heard of it before either tho.

EDIT: Also, it seems the first ODI was played in 2014 between NZ & WI.

Edited by Unstable Joe

Pak seems to have good lower order tail with Shadab, Hasan , Faheem etc.. if they can get some order into their batting they would have decent chance for 2019.

36 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Pak seems to have good lower order tail with Shadab, Hasan , Faheem etc.. if they can get some order into their batting they would have decent chance for 2019.

Probably but their ranking says ‘they are par below on expectation ‘

NZ lost both in form - Munro (0) and Williamson (19) after chasing 247 in second game at Nelson 

24 minutes ago, adi B said:

Pak trundlers getting smashed ,41 concedes in last overs,easy peasy for nzl

Padosis think that their trundlers are world class, and had even posted on their forum that the pakistani pace bowling attack is much better and balanced than that of the Kiwis.

You will come across plenty of posts like "Fahim Ashraf better than Pandya" in both batting and bowling.

But the real question is : Who is Fahim Ashraf ?

:phehe:

Edited by Frustrated

7 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Padosis think that their trundlers are world class, and had even posted on their forum that the pakistani pace bowling attack is much better and balanced than that of the Kiwis.

You will come across plenty of posts like "Famil Ashraf better than Pandya" in both batting and bowling.

But the real question is : Who is Fahim Ashraf ?

:phehe:

Fahim ashraf is one more trundler from trundler factory, but a very good hitter of the ball.

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

i think they lack a quality spinner

52 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

@cric_fan and other pak fans ,is shadab a batting all rounder?

He got more of a T20 profile (very little First-class experience) where he's considered as a genuine leg spinner who can bat n do some hitting lower order but in ODIs so far he has shown a bit more responsible batting in very few chances he got...

7 hours ago, Unstable Joe said:

Apparently it was established in 2009. Can't say I've heard of it before either tho.

EDIT: Also, it seems the first ODI was played in 2014 between NZ & WI.

i see 

[mention=17776]cric_fan[/mention] and other pak fans ,is shadab a batting all rounder?

I knew very little of him except that he is a leggie before he came on the scene. But I am mightily impressed with his composure whilst batting. Showed the beghairat seniors how it should be done.

How did India loose to this rubbish Pak side in CT final :lol: 

Here we go again..pak = lose = Indian’s: insert comment- ‘how did we lose to this team’

Because we were the better side on the day and we smashed your superstars. That’s how.

1 hour ago, Asim said:

He got more of a T20 profile (very little First-class experience) where he's considered as a genuine leg spinner who can bat n do some hitting lower order but in ODIs so far he has shown a bit more responsible batting in very few chances he got...

2 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

I knew very little of him except that he is a leggie before he came on the scene. But I am mightily impressed with his composure whilst batting. Showed the beghairat seniors how it should be done.

i must say he looks more of a batsman than a bowler,look quite calm and plays acc to situation

The beghairat, so called seniors in this side should be throughly embarassed of themselves. Today, the young lower order gave them a lesson in how to compose a innings.

I am sick & tired at the sight of Malik & Hafeez in this side who have been around since 2000..and STILL have not learnt to take any responsibility- Hafeez played a pretty 60 then threw it all away. Azhar did well in CT but needs to make way for a more attacking opener (there are a few in domestic cricket). Babar is becoming a UAE bully- needs to get his act together. Meanwhile, Haris Sohail is warming the bench- Wtf?

I am happy to stick to these bowlers bar Rumman Raees. NZ are a very tough side to defeat in their backyard of late, so I will cut them some slack.

54 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

The beghairat, so called seniors in this side should be throughly embarassed of themselves. Today, the young lower order gave them a lesson in how to compose a innings.

I am sick & tired at the sight of Malik & Hafeez in this side who have been around since 2000..and STILL have not learnt to take any responsibility- Hafeez played a pretty 60 then threw it all away. Azhar did well in CT but needs to make way for a more attacking opener (there are a few in domestic cricket). Babar is becoming a UAE bully- needs to get his act together. Meanwhile, Haris Sohail is warming the bench- Wtf?

I am happy to stick to these bowlers bar Rumman Raees. NZ are a very tough side to defeat in their backyard of late, so I will cut them some slack.

you lack good top order and a quality spinner

On ‎07‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Straight Drive said:

Pak will be lucky to even draw this series. They looked very poor with the ball, giving 300+ runs. Fielding was bad too. The batting is fragile. Fakhar and Babar apart the ODI batting is bad.

How you will be Draw the ODI series? Tomorrow NZ need to win one game and that's it  -- 3/0 because its 5 ODI

TG ITS NOT FRIDAY tomorrow, anyway no rains tomorrow but ball will swings more at Dunedin.

On ‎10‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Sonix768 said:

Shadab is future Steven Smith in making. You heard it here first.:bow:

why he bats lower down and not bats ahead than Poor Sarfu.

Test cricket is different ball game than limited format.Shadab not yet makes his place in Pakistan's test team yet permanently.he was tried before and left out.

On ‎10‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 12:37 PM, Sonix768 said:

Shadab is future Steven Smith in making. You heard it here first.:bow:

Shadabs  bowling average is 145 in test his batting average  in FC is 30 plus HIS BATTING AVERAGE UNDER NINE in test.

On ‎09‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 11:46 AM, speedheat said:

Babar Bradman azham went for a 10 today :hysterical: 

He is still good but first series in Eng and NZ tuff for new player

cb_logo_new.png

Pakistan seek improvement; New Zealand eye series
January 12 2018

prv_1515748037.jpeg

New Zealand are yet to lose an ODI at Saturday's venue

New Zealand would look for an improved show with the ball in the death overs as they take on Pakistan in the third ODI with an eye on sealing the five-match series in Dunedin on Saturday (January 13). The thick cloud cover expected on game day could, however, could come in the way of Pakistan who would be fighting to keep the series alive.

The series got off to a rainy start but Pakistan's top-order stutter meant New Zealand had the game in their bag before the showers washed away any hopes visitors harboured of a late comeback. Pakistan were reduced to 54 for 5 and later 132 for 6, in a chase of 316, when rain arrived in Wellington and they were found way short on the DLS par score. In Nelson, however, a similar top-order slide was arrested by a stunning counter-attack from Hasan Ali and Shadab Khan, who picked up the pieces together and posted a fighting 246 on the board. The bowlers too made a promising start to their defence but with rain, and DLS, coming into the equation, Martin Guptill switched gears and sent the bowlers on a leather hunt to make it two in two for the hosts with more than an over to spare.

Pakistan's batting woes are largely due to a brittle top-order, coupled with the fact that opener Fakhar Zaman had to sit out in Nelson due a contusion on his right leg. While Mohammad Hafeez hit a confidence-boosting half-century, nearly all other were guilty of gifting their wickets away, giving the New Zealand bowlers control until the Hasan-Shadab partnership. The series could slip out of their hands if the rest of the batting doesn't support the in-form Zaman and the experienced pair of Hafeez and Shoaib Malik in posting/chasing challenging targets.

Despite stringing together two comprehensive victories in the series so far, New Zealand would be worried with their death bowling show. Pakistan were in all sorts of trouble after being reduced to 141 for 7 in the 37th over, before Hasan and Shadab's threatening cameos helped them to 246 - a total of 105 runs added in the final 13 overs. It's an issue that has haunted them all through the summer, and captain Kane Williamson openly acknowledged the urgent need to address the concern.

Barring that, New Zealand haven't put a foot wrong this summer. Colin Munro, Guptill and Williamson's current form make them a threatening batting line-up that also bats deep. The new-ball bowling pair of Trent Boult and Tim Southee has thoroughly dominated, while Lockie Ferguson's raw pace gives the hosts an extra edge. With a 2-0 lead in the series already, New Zealand enter the contest as firm favourites. An extra incentive for the hosts would be that a win here will take their current unbeaten streak to 10 matches - equalling a feat they've already achieved twice since 2015. Incidentally, New Zealand are yet to lose an ODI at Saturday's venue.

When: New Zealand vs Pakistan, 3rd ODI on January 13, at 11am Local

Where: University Oval, Dunedin

What to expect: The prediction is for a cloudy day, which will make the decision of the captain winning the toss a no-brainer.

Team News

New Zealand: Colin de Grandhomme returns after a personal break, though Kane Williamson refused to comment on whether he will make it to the playing XI or not. If he does, one of the two spinners - Mitchell Santner and Todd Astle - will have to sit out.

Likely XI: Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (wk), Henry Nicholls, Colin de Grandhomme. Mitchell Santner/Todd Astle, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult.

Pakistan: Zaman's return will boost the Pakistan top-order, that hasn't done reasonably well. Either of Azhar Ali or Inam-ul-Haq are likely to make way for the returning opener.

Likely XI: Azhar Ali/Inam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (c, wk), Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rumman Raees.

What they said?

"We were able to take those early wickets which certainly helped us, but to see their lower order come out and put together a partnership that gave them a total which could have been a tough chase... It's important that we learn from that and look to do that a little bit better" - Kane Williamson, New Zealand captain.

"We can still come back; the guys are positive. There have been some soft dismissals, but I think that's due to the pressure created by a very good bowling attack. Our guys have struggled a bit with the bounce. They've been playing quite a bit in Pakistan/UAE before (this), so coming over here was bit of a shock to the system even though some of them have played here before" - Grant Flower, Pakistan batting coach

Rare 6 by Guptill in the first over but pak starts with spin from other end in the very second over of the match,Munro this time, hits him Six but plan works as 

Fahim removes Munro next ball 

15 for 1 after 1.4 overs 

Guest, sign in to access all features.