• Announcements

• Trichromatic

IPL forum is open now   01/29/2018

Discuss about IPL at http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/forum/19-ipl-forum/
Shy9

New Zealand vs Pakistan ODI series | Jan 6,9,13,16,19 - 2018

2nd opener should be Sami...

Need to move on from Hafeez n Malik...

Should bring Asad shafique along Babar and Haris in middle... They will do good...

Another big issue is 2nd new ball pacer along Amir who also not delivering most of the times... (Pak death bowling in 1st inng wasn't bad)

Spin bowling is reasonable for most of the wickets...

1 hour ago, Asim said:

India walo sharam kro, is team se CT Final haar gaey?

Haaris sohail should be your permanent num. 3 and ffs drop highly overrarted Bradman azham

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Haaris sohail should be your permanent num. 3 and ffs drop highly overrarted Bradman azham

I don't over-hype but Babar Azam is actually good... I'll support him to remain permanent in squad, he will ho long, dropping him will shatter his confidence...

Yeah he failed here big time but before this series in Aus+Nz he played 7 inngs, scored 30+ in all 7 including 3 fifties and a hundred... So he is definitely not just a UAE+star... Every player is bound to have some bad patch somewhere...

I don't over-hype but Babar Azam is actually good... I'll support him to remain permanent in squad, he will ho long, dropping him will shatter his confidence...

Yeah he failed here big time but before this series in Aus+Nz he played 7 inngs, scored 30+ in all 7 including 3 fifties and a hundred... So he is definitely not just a UAE+star... Every player is bound to have some bad patch somewhere...

Akmal genes have caught up with him. He will most likely fade away like his cousins. A shame.

18 hours ago, Asim said:

Give me a break! I have never seen Babar Azam performing well. Amir is certified crap too! Your bowling has become pathetic! Looks like the Indian trundler brigade of 80's!

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Give me a break! I have never seen Babar Azam performing well. Amir is certified crap too! Your bowling has become pathetic! Looks like the Indian trundler brigade of 80's!

There’s plenty of options that are 140+. Yamin is a batting all-rounder, but Rumman is a certified trundler I’ll give you that. Faheem bowling in the late 130’s is decent for an all-rounder. 

Never seen Babar performing well, oh please. This is his first genuinely bad series, if you don’t count England (in which he averaged 30 odd). He’s not the finished product, but his output thus far has been nothing more than brilliant. At the age of 23/24 he’s been carrying our batting lineup. But with the introduction of Haris Sohail, some of that pressure on him will ease.

There are some technical issues that he has to sort, one of them being to get on top of the bounce on frontfoot play on bouncier pitches hindering him from playing shots from the get-go whereas these would be easy drives on Pakistani paced pitches; lack of a complete forward torso press make him go through the shot while the ball is on the rise.

Edited by Ellipsism

21 hours ago, speedheat said:

Babar Azam is a quality bat, and one poor series doesn’t change that. Babar at three and Haris at 4 is a quality partnership, and one of our best of all time. 

42 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Babar Azam is a quality bat, and one poor series doesn’t change that. Babar at three and Haris at 4 is a quality partnership, and one of our best of all time. 

He struggled  in england too, damn awful in this series, was not convincing in Aus until that 100 in deadrubber, lockie owned him with pace its pretty much sure he sucks against pace, was sucking the momentum out in ct final until fakar unleashed on spinnners, he also struggles to rotate strike which is crucial at num. 3 or 4, telling you right here he wll cost you matches against quality teams.

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

He struggled  in england too, damn awful in this series, was not convincing in Aus until that 100 in deadrubber, lockie owned him with pace its pretty much sure he sucks against pace, was sucking the momentum out in ct final until fakar unleashed on spinnners, he also struggles to rotate strike which is crucial at num. 3 or 4, telling you right here he wll cost you matches against quality teams.

He was comfortable throughout that Aus series, so I don’t know what you are on about there. Sucks against pace yet he was assured against the fastest attack in world cricket, ok.

He’s not the finished product, as most batsman are at 23-24. He needs to work on strike rotation, and his hitting ability. He has the levers and timing to improve on the latter.

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Give me a break! I have never seen Babar Azam <playing> performing well. Amir is certified crap too! Your bowling has become pathetic! Looks like the Indian trundler brigade of 80's!

25 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

He was comfortable throughout that Aus series, so I don’t know what you are on about there. Sucks against pace yet he was assured against the fastest attack in world cricket, ok.

He’s not the finished product, as most batsman are at 23-24. He needs to work on strike rotation, and his hitting ability. He has the levers and timing to improve on the latter.

Woakes,wood,plunkett one of the fastest attack in the world and he struggled with avg. 24 in that series, he didn't look assured at all in Aus, scored some 30s and one 50 but clearly was struggling in that series that 100 at adelied I guess on one of the flattest pitch I have ever seen has saved him to be honest, nobody has said that he is a finished product but defiantly was hyped up to moon lol which he doesn't deserve, he can be dropped and can work on his game and than can make comeback, look at Harris, one of the best since inzy and yoyahana and all that hype around Babar blocked his place and that is pathetic.

2 hours ago, speedheat said:

Woakes,wood,plunkett one of the fastest attack in the world and he struggled with avg. 24 in that series, he didn't look assured at all in Aus, scored some 30s and one 50 but clearly was struggling in that series that 100 at adelied I guess on one of the flattest pitch I have ever seen has saved him to be honest, nobody has said that he is a finished product but defiantly was hyped up to moon lol which he doesn't deserve, he can be dropped and can work on his game and than can make comeback, look at Harris, one of the best since inzy and yoyahana and all that hype around Babar blocked his place and that is pathetic.

Bayya, he was the most assured batsman in that series from Pakistan’s side. I didn’t miss a minute from that series, you can take my word for it. He isn’t rushed by pace, full stop. Your argument here is a non entity. He does however have an issue with managing bounce due to his low back lift and lack of a complete coward torso, he plays the shot while the ball is still on the rise.

Unlike you guys Babar doesn’t have any great batsman to seek advice from, at the age of 23 he’s carrying our lineup and batting at the prime position, that is 3. He’s young and learning, he’s worthy of critism but some people here are unnecessarily hating on the guy.

No one has blocked Haris from achieving the heights he should have at this stage of his career except himself, his poor attitude towards fitness cost him 2 years of injury. He literally came back from a two year lay off last year, no one was blocking his place.

51 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

Bayya, he was the most assured batsman in that series from Pakistan’s side. I didn’t miss a minute from that series, you can take my word for it. He isn’t rushed by pace, full stop. Your argument here is a non entity. He does however have an issue with managing bounce due to his low back lift and lack of a complete coward torso, he plays the shot while the ball is still on the rise.

Unlike you guys Babar doesn’t have any great batsman to seek advice from, at the age of 23 he’s carrying our lineup and batting at the prime position, that is 3. He’s young and learning, he’s worthy of critism but some people here are unnecessarily hating on the guy.

No one has blocked Haris from achieving the heights he should have at this stage of his career except himself, his poor attitude towards fitness cost him 2 years of injury. He literally came back from a two year lay off last year, no one was blocking his place.

He did look rushed by pace in that series, live in reality, those were some of the flattest tracks in aus.even then he looked rushed by cummins and starc man , I have followed that series  utmost interest too,  he was rushed for pace by umesh in ct and lockie in nz, both of those bowlers relys on pace not bounce, he has achieved success on low slow pitches in uae against helpless windies but was exposed on pacy surfaces of nz eng, he is still young can learn from his mistakes though.

9 hours ago, speedheat said:

He did look rushed by pace in that series, live in reality, those were some of the flattest tracks in aus.even then he looked rushed by cummins and starc man , I have followed that series  utmost interest too,  he was rushed for pace by umesh in ct and lockie in nz, both of those bowlers relys on pace not bounce, he has achieved success on low slow pitches in uae against helpless windies but was exposed on pacy surfaces of nz eng, he is still young can learn from his mistakes though.

I’m not going to keep arguing with you. Next time he comes across a fast pace attack, just pay a bit more attention.

Guest, sign in to access all features.