SA bowling attack

I know our batters fed on peppermint  bowling attacks in docile home conditions were never really cut out for this. But correct me if I am wrong, on paper, this does look like the best attack esp fast bowling attack I can recall in recent times. 

Steyn

Morkel

Philander

Rabada 

Keeping the pace aside each bowler provides a different challenge. In case of Steyn perhaps all challenges. Philander with his line, length and swing. Morkel with his height, seam, bounce and pace. Rabada as an out and out quick young bowler, one of the most promising talents. 

This does look handful. I don’t think India has any chance hanging around too much. Except Rahane who is out of form, I don’t see anyone in Indian team with defence to deal with this. They are better off attacking. 

Edited by ravishingravi
1 minute ago, ravishingravi said:

I know our batters fed up on peppermint  bowling attacks in docile home conditions were never really cut out for this. But correct me if I am wrong, on paper, this does look like the best attack esp fast bowling attack I can recall in recent times. 

Steyn

Morkel

Philander

Rabada 

Keeping the pace aside each bowler provides a different challenge. In case of Steyn perhaps all challenges. Philander with his line, length and swing. Morkel with his height, seam, bounce and pace. Rabada as an out and out quick young bowler, one of the most promising talents. 

This does look handful. I don’t think India has any chance hanging around too much. Except Rahane who is out of form, I don’t see anyone in Indian team with defence to deal with this. They are better off attacking. 

on paper this has no cracks, and mostly true in practice as well. however, it remains to be seen how much steyn holds up in the match & series.

TBH, Morkel and Rabada were wasting the deliveries. They were just getting carried away and bowling outside the stumps. So, really if the Indian batters play smart, they will only have to deal with Steyn and you never know how long he can sustain. But I doubt the Indians have teh balls.

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

TBH, Morkel and Rabada were wasting the deliveries. They were just getting carried away and bowling outside the stumps. So, really if the Indian batters play smart, they will only have to deal with Steyn and you never know how long he can sustain. But I doubt the Indians have teh balls.

It’s true. And that’s scary. Knowing that the bowling was so far from best and yet we were completely clueless. But I don’t think there is any point hanging around. Even going aerial makes sense. 

I 'll stick my neck out and say yes, no respite at all. I see even our 2010 class struggling against this attack, 4 high quality quicks and the best Saffer spinner ever...:fear1:. I hope these guys don't get hurt, I watched the last 20 minutes and Che/Ash showed real guts against Rabada-Morkel-Steyn. I don't think it will be bad idea to declare once we are 8 down. May God keep these lads uninjured till the end of the day. 

The same 4 bowling attack, if they come to India will be dealth with disdain. In their own backyard, even a dog is a tiger. Our attack is not that bad. Keep the faith. They are touring after a while. Although Kohli has been pathetic in terms of team selection and its been bias over quality. That aside,  give this team some time, it will do good.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I 'll stick my neck out and say yes, no respite at all. I see even our 2010 class struggling against this attack, 4 high quality quicks and the best Saffer spinner ever...:fear1:. I hope these guys don't get hurt, I watched the last 20 minutes and Che/Ash showed real guts against Rabada-Morkel-Steyn. I don't think it will be bad idea to declare once we are 8 down. May God keep these lads uninjured till the end of the day. 

This is tough sport. It’s man’s game. Unfortunately too much of pyjama cricket for our boys, they are growing up just now. 

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The same 4 bowling attack, if they come to India will be dealth with disdain. In their own backyard, even a dog is a tiger. Our attack is not that bad. Keep the faith. They are touring after a while. Although Kohli has been pathetic in terms of team selection and its been bias over quality. That aside,  give this team some time, it will do good.

No. It won’t. To do good, it’s not about quality only at this level. It’s about focus, planning and intent. What good did the SL series or NZ series did for this series. Nothing. 

12 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

No. It won’t. To do good, it’s not about quality only at this level. It’s about focus, planning and intent. What good did the SL series or NZ series did for this series. Nothing. 

I am not talking about the BCCI's decision. Obviously they give 2 hoots about the game. They are only about money. But the bowlers and some of the batters/players are not bad at all. Give them time and they will perform abroad too.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I can see the 2010 team giving more a fight for sure. this pace attack is extremely strong, but the pitch is not as difficult as some of the others we've faced.

3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I must say if Steyn is fit, the Australia series next month will be crackerjack. Just watching the Aussie team now, they will be rearing for revenge for their home defeat. 

Steyn, Morkel, Philander, Rabada. Vs. Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood. 

if only pattinson was fit, could have been 4 vs 4.