Commentators are Blaming Pujara being too slow

Stuge

4 minutes ago, Stuge said:

I simply, I can't understand why he is being targeted, when the rest of the players lack technique and get out .

Pujara is the only player at the moment, who looks soild and playing well.High time these T20 crowd is told that this is test match not a T20 match -_-

Because he is lacking impact and game changing performance like Dhawan and Rohit.

Would be worse if he gets out in 50s on tough pitch like Rahul. Would be blamed for missing out on 100s.

It's a lose lose situation.

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Because he is lacking impact and game changing performance like Dhawan and Rohit.

Would be worse if he gets out in 50s on tough pitch like Rahul. Would be blamed for missing out on 100s.

It's a lose lose situation.

He never throws bat around even in India .He is doing what he does best .

1 minute ago, Captain said:

Could you be more specific about the commentary team that's criticizing him? I've been watching Sky Cricket and haven't heard any negative remark about him so far.

I can't imagine any commentator with working brain cells criticizing him.

From cricinfo to commies in English on Ten sports  ..I heard them saying he is stuck and needs to change gear .

5 minutes ago, Stuge said:

From cricinfo to commies in English on Ten sports  ..I heard them saying he is stuck and needs to change gear .

Cricinfo publishes comments to flare up emotions. They like "DRAMA". Ignore them.

Below is a comment by Cricbuzz

There's a reason most cricketing experts and those who understand the game deeply, who opine that Pujara is the best Test batsman in this line-up. If there was any doubt about that - then you can erase that from memory - after watching today's stonewalling against a fearsome quartet bowling "rockets" in Graeme Smith's words. Just 48 runs in that session and if India have just lost one wicket, then it is due to the technique, character, patience and mental fortitude shown by Pujara. Wouldn't have played a more tougher innings in his Test career till date.