Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Temujin Khaghan

Ashwin is our no.6 - Disgraceful

Recommended Posts

Tough decision to make.

From Fan POV : Yes

From Team POV : Maybe not

 

If Ash picks 0 wickets..It would likely mean that SA batted for only 1 innings and it was an absolute patta (him scoring 100 confirms it)

 

we are 95% sure to lose the match if he picks zero Wickets. 

 

So you can expect Jaddu to come back if we have lost the game.

Share this post


Link to post

depends on the quality of the 100 . a good quality 100 with bowling that maintains pressure is something not many teams wont want

 

i m pretty sure he will do well .with ability to bowl legspin , offspin and a good slip fielder and Indias best no 7 abroad since vvs ( yes he has crazy talent ) he will be in all my 11s 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

didnt follow that game but from the scorecard looks like was playing his shots

Saw that game live, never seen a ball move so much, both in the air and off the seam. Broad, Anderson were ike Warne/Murali at 135 kph, reduced us to 8/4 in 1st innings before Dhoni/Rahane somehow survived. Never seen a batsman as clueless as Kohli in those 2 innings, even we could have reduced them for a low total but we dropped way too many catches.

Share this post


Link to post

If Ashwin gets an opportunity to score a 100, it is likely that some of the main batsmen would have failed. So then the question becomes - do we drop those batsmen too for failing to score (their prime department)? If not, Ashwin could be given another chance too

 

PS The title of the thread could well be if xyz scores 0 but picks up a 5-er? If you select a team, especially if not selected on horses for courses basis, you give it a decent run unless players in concern appear to have completely lost the plot

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Tough decision to make.

From Fan POV : Yes

From Team POV : Maybe not

 

If Ash picks 0 wickets..It would likely mean that SA batted for only 1 innings and it was an absolute patta (him scoring 100 confirms it)

 

we are 95% sure to lose the match if he picks zero Wickets. 

 

So you can expect Jaddu to come back if we have lost the game.

if ashwin scores a 100..the match will definitely be a draw as there would be at least 3 more 100's .....

ashwin wont score more thn 30 runs ....saha is a better batsman than ashwin

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, velu said:

drop Rohit and repalce him with ashwin :phehe:

 

understand this that rohit and rahane will always remain far better and more accomplished batsman than ashwin whether ashwin score 100 or 200....one game does not change the players.

Share this post


Link to post

Absolutely disgraceful,how the hell did we think of winning away series with such thought process and seriously overrating a batsman who is not worth more than 3-40 runs on his good days on such tracks,this is not a joke going on , i am aghast :facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, cric_fan said:

You should be worried about the big boys performances at the top mate. Exposed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are batsman ,they ll come good and with some right inclusion next test onwards there ll be improvement but how the hell we are expecting bowling all rounder to play at a crucial spot overseas 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, chewy said:

:hysterical: 

that’s what multimillion contract buys you, top rated advise from McBoobs Shastri 

dont know who has come up with such an unedifying decision ,looks like kohli to me 

Edited by SK_IH

Share this post


Link to post

Never a number 6. The sad thing is that he obviously has the skills to bat in these conditions but isn't disciplined enough to do it.

 

Pokes at everything these days. It felt like he has been trying to rectify his poking issues this game but couldn't resist doing it.

 

I suggest we play him below Saha. Let him score and rise up if he can.

 

Very poor temperament shown in the last 1 year.

Edited by sensible-indian

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Absolutely disgraceful,how the hell did we think of winning away series with such thought process and seriously overrating a batsman who is not worth more than 3-40 runs on his good days on such tracks,this is not a joke going on , i am aghast :facepalm:

 

The problem is there are only 3 other bats in this lineup who can get 3 40+ scores in these conditions.

I don't think Ashwin was originally slotted at 6 . They expected India to be 300 before they lost 4 wickets and saha followed by Pandya will will finish off staffers to give India a big innings lead . Lol

I know in have been repeating this for last one year , but I have not seen any one being this dumb in years of watching Indian cricket .

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jusarrived said:

The problem is there are only 3 other bats in this lineup who can get 3 40+ scores in these conditions.

I don't think Ashwin was originally slotted at 6 . They expected India to be 300 before they lost 4 wickets and saha followed by Pandya will will finish off staffers to give India a big innings lead . Lol

I know in have been repeating this for last one year , but I have not seen any one being this dumb in years of watching Indian cricket .

look am not saying this is a great batting lineup and i have already expressed my apprehensions of this batting lineup delivering but we are exacerbating our problems by batting a bowling all rounder so high,you can expect some improvement if one actually is a batsman but this is a joke 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

The problem is there are only 3 other bats in this lineup who can get 3 40+ scores in these conditions.

I don't think Ashwin was originally slotted at 6 . They expected India to be 300 before they lost 4 wickets and saha followed by Pandya will will finish off staffers to give India a big innings lead . Lol

I know in have been repeating this for last one year , but I have not seen any one being this dumb in years of watching Indian cricket .

are you calling virat dumb or is it great shastri you are referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

look am not saying this is a great batting lineup and i have already expressed my apprehensions of this batting lineup delivering but we are exacerbating our problems by batting a bowling all rounder so high,you can expect some improvement if one actually is a batsman but this is a joke 

What where the options anyway ? It had to be Saha/pandya/Ashwin . Saha is a border line mug . Pandya is a dasher . 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jusarrived said:

What where the options anyway ? It had to be Saha/pandya/Ashwin . Saha is a border line mug . Pandya is a dasher . 

Pandya atleast is a batting all rounder and has more upside though he is still raw 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

are you calling virat dumb or is it great shastri you are referring to?

I can't stand shastri , but I don't think he has much say here . I have seen virat right from RCB days , you will see me complaining about RCBs team balance for years ...I never thought he could do this to a test team cos normally most players pick themselves , proved me wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Pandya atleast is a batting all rounder and has more upside though he is still raw 

Am a massive pandya fan , but he's not a no6 ..He may develop into one in 2 years time , but right now every run he scores is a bonus . 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

I can't stand shastri , but I don't think he has much say here . I have seen virat right from RCB days , you will see me complaining about RCBs team balance for years ...I never thought he could do this to a test team cos normally most players pick themselves , proved me wrong 

i must say i agree with you , i was aghast when i saw rohit at 3 and raina at 6 in Aus in his 1st official test as captain :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jusarrived said:

Am a massive pandya fan , but he's not a no6 ..He may develop into one in 2 years time , but right now every run he scores is a bonus . 

well then you are saying play proper bat at 6? if pandya is not no.6 how will he find place in the side

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, goose said:

Consider Parthiv too

I will get killed for this .

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

 

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

Edited by jusarrived

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I will get killed for this .

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

 

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

This is if I have to do something out of the ordinary 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I will get killed for this .

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

 

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

i've said before. India need to recognise their limitations, remember how well we did with players like Parthiv, Bangar, Chopra. Recent form book at home utterly irrelevant. Rahane and Umesh should have played. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I will get killed for this .

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

 

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

this is not a bad lineup ,but i ll play rahul as opener and pappu lower down and pray he catches everything

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×