Dale steyn wont bowl in this test again

9 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

The problem for South Africa is that their top 3 batsmen and top 3 bowlers are on the wrong side of 30 and retire around same time, which should be really worrying.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

yes, they will have a crunch around 3-4 yrs down the line.

yes, they will have a crunch around 3-4 yrs down the line.

The thing is by that time Elgar would be 34,steyn 38,amla 37,ab 38,faf 37,philander 37, morkel 37 , Morris 34 so that's 8 guys that are on the wrong side of 30 of which 6 will be sure shot gone and two will not be same as now it can be really difficult as they all are world class players, most importantly with the quota and kolpak They might not get the desired replacements.

51 minutes ago, Shunya said:

He is at 419 wickets....Top SA wicket taker is 421... sad, this can also be the end for him.

Advantage India though, especially in this Test. 

now south african attack has rabada, morkel and vilander...rabada and morkel are similiar type of bowlers and i believe we will bat much better in the second innings...we will hit maharaj ..now they have 2 fast bowlers and vilander wont be that effective as the pitch is easing up...

7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

now south african attack has rabada, morkel and vilander...rabada and morkel are similiar type of bowlers and i believe we will bat much better in the second innings...we will hit maharaj ..now they have 2 fast bowlers and vilander wont be that effective as the pitch is easing up...

We have a chance of winning if we can hold them under 300

24 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

The thing is by that time Elgar would be 34,steyn 38,amla 37,ab 38,faf 37,philander 37, morkel 37 , Morris 34 so that's 8 guys that are on the wrong side of 30 of which 6 will be sure shot gone and two will not be same as now it can be really difficult as they all are world class players, most importantly with the quota and kolpak They might not get the desired replacements.

dear top sides like india australia africa even england ...have equivalent replacements sitting outside.

i can tell equivalent replacement in india as today we had umesh and ishant sitting out side - they were equivalent replacement of the three pacers selected.

even in batting rahane, shreyas iyer,Nair and a few other are as good as most of the batsman playing.

i think kohli is a special batsman and also PUJARA in tests as Pujara has very SOLID defence , better defence than kohli but kohli has better attack than pujara and in tests , defence is more important than attack.

even we may have at least 2 to 3 defensive pujara type batsman though not as good as Pujara but rahane who is sitting out is as good as any who is playing, kl rahul is better than murli vijay but sitting out and as good as dhawan.

dear top sides like india australia africa even england ...have equivalent replacements sitting outside.

i can tell equivalent replacement in india as today we had umesh and ishant sitting out side - they were equivalent replacement of the three pacers selected.

even in batting rahane, shreyas iyer,Nair and a few other are as good as most of the batsman playing.

i think kohli is a special batsman and also PUJARA in tests as Pujara has very SOLID defence , better defence than kohli but kohli has better attack than pujara and in tests , defence is more important than attack.

even we may have at least 2 to 3 defensive pujara type batsman though not as good as Pujara but rahane who is sitting out is as good as any who is playing, kl rahul is better than murli vijay but sitting out and as good as dhawan.
Can you name few, see case of South Africa is different as they have made compulsory that the team needs to have 6 non whites in the team, meaning mass exodus to other countries.

8 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Sad news for all his fans, but a welcome breather for team India. 

Snip-it_1515261135556.jpg

virat kohli is going to use this as inspiration and inspire shammi and other bowlers to stretch hard...good chance for india to win..india can chase 280 to 300 on this pitch with out Steyn in attack as they have to play just 3 pacers and these 3 pacers would get tired after 40 overs so after 40 overs indians could bat freely.

5 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Can you name few, see case of South Africa is different as they have made compulsory that the team needs to have 6 non whites in the team, meaning mass exodus to other countries.

rahane also did not play today, manish pandey,kedar,shreyas iyer, karun nair and even that left hand opener( who played for india recently and scored 90+) can easily play tests for india..all these are as good as ANY , just Pujara and Virat are one level higher in my book. gambhir , parthiv patel are also good strong batsman ,even faiz fazal seems to be very good in defence and prithvi shaw looks too special, sarfaraz looks a very attacking batsman.

when we say the net practice video avesh was looking as the best pacer , what i wanna say is if SHAMMI,UMESH,ISHANT dont perform and produce results virat will pick three next in the pecking order pacers.

pujara has a stronger defence than all indian batsman and virat has a better attacking game than all indian batsman, rohit is close to virat in attacking game but his test match defensive game is weak.

rahane also did not play today, manish pandey,kedar,shreyas iyer, karun nair and even that left hand opener( who played for india recently and scored 90+) can easily play tests for india..all these are as good as ANY , just Pujara and Virat are one level higher in my book. gambhir , parthiv patel are also good strong batsman ,even faiz fazal seems to be very good in defence and prithvi shaw looks too special, sarfaraz looks a very attacking batsman.
when we say the net practice video avesh was looking as the best pacer , what i wanna say is if SHAMMI,UMESH,ISHANT dont perform and produce results virat will pick three next in the pecking order pacers.
pujara has a stronger defence than all indian batsman and virat has a better attacking game than all indian batsman, rohit is close to virat in attacking game but his test match defensive game is weak.

I am talking about South Africa

23 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

It takes a very long time to make a credible Test bowler or batsman. It takes an even longer time- with lots of luck- to make a great Test bowler or batsman.

It will be very difficult to replace a bowler of Steyn's calibre.  More than difficult.

And as for the Indian replacements you've mentioned as examples, most of them are not even ready to be called Test batsmen or bowler yet, forget good ones.  Pandey, Kedar, Iyer, Nair (despite his triple) - none of them can rock up tomorrow and assure us that a test side is sealed.

We've tried for years to make Rohit Sharma a Test batsman capable of performing in SA/ENG/ Aus and yet here we are. 

Ditto for Ishant.

Ditto for any Test class batsman- wicketkeeper (apologies to Dhoni)

Ditto for Dhawan.

I could name more.

It's not that easy.

Of the 10-15 new names, young and not so young, floating around today in India, maybe (maybe) three will make it as even Test regulars.  And great Test players? Maybe none.

Heck even Kohli isn't a great Test player as of now.

That should give one an idea of how difficult it will be to replace Steyn in SA.

Edited by NameGoesHere
7 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

It takes a very long time to make a credible Test bowler or batsman. It takes an even longer time- with lots of luck- to make a great Test bowler or batsman.

It will be very difficult to replace a bowler of Steyn's calibre.  More than difficult.

And as for the Indian replacements you've mentioned as examples, most of them are not even ready to be called Test batsmen or bowler yet, forget good ones.  Pandey, Kedar, Iyer, Nair (despite his triple) - none of them can rock up tomorrow and assure us that a test side is sealed.

We've tried for years to make Rohit Sharma a Test batsman capable of performing in SA/ENG/ Aus and yet here we are. 

Ditto for Ishant.

Ditto for any Test class batsman- wicketkeeper (apologies to Dhoni)

Ditto for Dhawan.

I could name more.

It's not that easy.

Of the 10-15 new names, young and not so young, floating around today in India, maybe (maybe) three will make it as even Test regulars.  And great Test players? Maybe none.

Heck even Kohli isn't a great Test player as of now.

That should give one an idea of how difficult it will be to replace Steyn in SA.

I think kohli is quite far from being a great test player. As for young batsmen in India, a couple of them have started well - more so than some of the current lot at the same age. However, whether they will sustain it and grow further remains to be seen.

As for Steyn, a genuine ATG like him won't be easily replaced but Lungi Ngidi will be a good replacement. It will also help SA with the quota system. Lungi is not as good as Steyn or Rabada, but I see Rabada taking over Steyn's role while Lungi will serve as the second strike bowler.

Edited by Vijy