Humble pies accepted....Hardik Pandya is a superstar

maniac

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Kyaaaa??? Manaic anna, you criticized pandya?? good that you accepted that humble pie otherwise it was not going to be good for your new years resolution of taking cricketing acumen to Scary level

I thought he was find of the decade in limited overs but thought he won’t cut it in tests...so acumen was only partly...I won’t call it wrong because it was just a minor glitch...happens :)

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Oh wait you won't claim credit for predicting his success through some weirdass backtacking and digging up old threads, well that's a relief. 

I believe I am m in the 1 percentile of people

with high  Cricket acumen...I never  claimed I was god.

I accept when I am wrong without any ego...anyway on Pandya was only partly wrong about his test credentials,I already have a thread saying he has reached the big leagues in Odis :giggle:

btw did mods merge my Munro thread...I was looking to bump it the other day when he became the first guy to hit 3 100s in T20s :mad:

Edited by maniac
Just now, ravishingravi said:

He certainly brings an X factor which can work with SA. Generally they don’t have a plan B. If disrupted they can panic. I always felt india is better off attacking or even going aerial than defending. 

Pandya has proven me wrong too. His free spirit is great to see. But he can expect some short bowling from hereon. 

The only time he looked unsure against short bowling was towards the end when trying to slog everything,otherwise don’t think he is that bad against short pitch stuff.

I've always touted him for test cricket, both as a batsmen and as a bowler. His natural length suited to tests. Ambrose/McGrath would have been proud of his wicket to Elgar. He also has a reasonable defensive technique and is tall (rare advantage for Indian batsmen). Most importantly of all he has guts and relishes the challenge (not scared of facing quick bowling). At times today he made Morne Morkel look like Vinay Kumar. He batted well on a fast track during an Aus A tour..so he's kind of done it before.

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Pandya has proven me wrong too. His free spirit is great to see. But he can expect some short bowling from hereon. 

Received lots of short pitched stuff and did well most of the time.

Most importantly, has  guts. 

Saw him handle short bowling and seam movement rather well on an A tour to Australia in 2016, where he scored 78 in a similar situation.

Pulled and hooked Kumara bowling 90 mph for a few 6s in SL too.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

X factor 

this guys is amazing 

new superstart in Indian cricket .  You will be super rich , you can marry any girl in Bollywood . You are an indol .

Don’t change anything superstar . Work hard . Play like an aggressive a hole . Fire up . Enjoy the ride 

whom do you think he likes to  ride ? :Giggity:

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Received lots of short pitched stuff and did well most of the time.

Most importantly, has  guts. 

Saw him handle short bowling and seam movement rather well on an A tour to Australia in 2016, where he scored 78 in a similar situation.

Pulled and hooked Kumara bowling 90 mph for a few 6s in SL too.

And he can play the ramp shot against short balls. That's always a plus.