22 Yards 3rd Test match Discussion South Africa vs India on Mumble | 27th Jan, 10 PM IST

Stuge

We are hosting Audio chat discussion on mumble server.

If you want to talk to ICFers and discuss about 2 days of play and other cricket talk, join us using either

Android app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.morlunk.mumbleclient.free&hl=en

or iOS app

https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/mumble/id443472808?mt=8

or desktop client

https://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php

PM me for the server name and port number.

Plus , Plus its compulsory to USE ICF user id else the person will be removed from mumble room.

P.S. You don't need to register. Just connect to server and talk directly.

Next episode - SA v Ind 2nd Test, Pre Match Discussion 12th January, 2018, 9:30 PM IST

This time we are inviting three modes of participation

1. You can directly talk to us and share your opinion.

2. You can record an audio of max 1 min and we will play that during discussion

3. You can share your questions and opinions here and we will read those during our chat.

Please contact @Stuge for 1 and 2.

For 3, please share your views here.

My 1st question

1. Parthiv vs Saha in 2nd test 

Batting - i think many of us will agree that parthiv is a better batsman so shud he be bought in add to our batting. Saha gives me no confidence as batsman and even team mngmt who bats him so low

Keeping- There is no doubt that Saha is a top keeper infact one of the best around but wud parthiv be that bad as a keeper that we cant play him. IMO he can do decent job as a keeper atleast and hopefully wont hurt us. I wud have been doubtfull regd his keeping in Eng or india as those places are tough to keep 

So whom wud u pick n why?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Please discuss about Kohli's selection madness:

Is it the case of 1) dostana with Rohit and Dhawan or 2) him foolishly believing that Rohit and Dhawan are better aggressive options in overseas tests?

If 1 then does he deserve to be a captain destroying deserving players careers? If 2 then who can drill some sense into him?

Edited by Forever Indian

My take 

1 Team selection is critical , Rohit, Dhawan sits out, Rahul, Rahane comes in, Ashwin can bat n is 50/50 selection

2 Virat needs to take an off stump guard n only play deliveries straight n to the leg side n move back n across thereby cutting out his outside the off stump fiddling n making bowlers bowl to him rather a bit like Smith does also since his forward movement is good he can compensate like Smith

2 Rohit if he plays should take stance outside the crease n take a middle stump guard, cutting out his weakness with semi front movement while driving also since he is good on cut n pull should utilize that more, n not try to drive too much unless back to the bowler, don't try to reach for the ball but play late n let it come to you n have more patience.

3 Dhawan if he plays should open his stance so he doesn't edge on drive on outside off deliveries like Gambhir n only play deliveries close to his stumps, should play more legside n back foot strokes, at least initially.

Bowlers should bowl with more intensity n pitch the difficult length, hitting top of off n one cannot go wrong with that.

Most important batters should steal singles n keep the momentum, getting bogged down doesn't mean a guy like Pujara or Vijay should go after bowlers n that would be a mistake but show a bit more urgency in strike rotation.

My argument to the Parthiv, Ishant discussion. Why are people even discussing about replacing Saha and Bumrah by others? Here's one guy who's taken the record number of catches in a test by an Indian - a decent bat but playing his first test in South Africa. The other one playing his first test match, and has adapted quickly in the second innings and played a part in rattling the opposition. Parthiv and Ishant might seem like good options in hindsight but we will probably not do the basics right (not dropping catches/being consistent in bowling) if we play them.