India has fielded 33 different teams in the 33 tests Kohli has captained.

Just now, SK_IH said:

i think this is mostly because of musical chairs played with openers and i see changes happening for next test as well

It isn't that he changed openers before.This isn't about same XI not selected in consecutive tests.

But the same XI players have never played another test for India under Kohli.

This doesn't happen because you chop and change openers .

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

It isn't that he changed openers before.This isn't about same XI not selected in consecutive tests.

But the same XI players have never played another test for India under Kohli.

This doesn't happen because you chop and change openers .

i see no rationale behind it,just a coincidence ,as i said we may see another changed xi next test 

We played a lot at home and Rahul, Vijay, Rahane, Shami, Dhawan have been injured in recent history. 

Also playing at home and winning every series easily, if  you don’t make changes  then in hindi it says “Laanat hai” on captain. I am glad Kohli did that a d did not persist with same team when team is winning easily. 

So playing different teams is actually good back home instead of not trying same players.

If you really want to play same teams and lose 0-8, then youtube the highlights. I want changes after 4 innings and want to try different thingn s so different players can also get a chance at home.

We have been thrashing everyone at home too easily barring Australia. I rather have others get chance to contribute than play same combo. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

We played a lot at home and Rahul, Vijay, Rahane, Shami, Dhawan have been injured in recent history. 

Also playing at home and winning every series easily, if  you don’t make changes  then in hindi it says “Laanat hai” on captain. I am glad Kohli did that a d did not persist with same team when team is winning easily. 

So playing different teams is actually good back home instead of not trying same players.

If you really want to play same teams and lose 0-8, then youtube the highlights. I want changes after 4 innings and want to try different thingn s so different players can also get a chance at home.

We have been thrashing everyone at home too easily barring Australia. I rather have others get chance to contribute than play same combo. 

Who are the different youngsters who got chance to debut under Kohli at home ?

The only one was Karun Nair and Pandya .The others were like recalling Gambhir , Parthiv , Dhawan , Mishra none of them is about giving chances with future on mind.

14 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

The only one was Karun Nair and Pandya .The others were like recalling Gambhir , Parthiv , Dhawan , Mishra none of them is about giving chances with future on mind.

Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi, Ashwin, Jadeja, Rahul, Kuldeep, Rohit and the list is long.

13 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Point is not about youngsters but about rotation of players.

You can’t just always play same line up every time especially when you are winning easily. You have to try different things and find a way to give chances to other guys whether they are youngsters or not. If Dhawan or Vijay or Rahane or Rahul are out of the team during injury, then they will come right back when they are fit. Best example is of Rahane. This happened in the case of Rahane where he was injured but came back for Karun. Every opener was scoring runs basically so there were lot of chances being thrown. 

Even Parthv came as we had few injuries and Mukund was tried too.

I honestly don’t understand the point of this thread, especially at this time when the team is behind in the game for the first time in ages. You were better of creating this thread then when we were playing at home.

Moving on, we will make more changes next game. Unless you want to play the same team then please let us know.

Point is not about youngsters but about rotation of players.

You can’t just always play same line up every time especially when you are winning easily. You have to try different things and find a way to give chances to other guys whether they are youngsters or not. If Dhawan or Vijay or Rahane or Rahul are out of the team during injury, then they will come right back when they are fit. Best example is of Rahane. This happened in the case of Rahane where he was injured but came back for Karun. Every opener was scoring runs basically so there were lot of chances being thrown. 

Even Parthv came as we had few injuries and Mukund was tried too.

I honestly don’t understand the point of this thread, especially at this time when the team is behind in the game for the first time in ages. You were better of creating this thread then when we were playing at home.

Moving on, we will make more changes next game. Unless you want to play the same team then please let us know.

Read the OP

Before cheerleader Shastri...how much say did Kohli have in these selections?

Kohli has been captain for 2 years...Kumble had a bigger stature than Kohli to override decision for a year and maybe 3-4 months Kohli was a rookie captain...so we need a more drill down analysis of this.

Edited by maniac