Harbhajan's appeal [Merged]

Sachinism

New turn in Bhajji case; India mull pull-out Adelaide/Mumbai: After a couple of weeks of simmering in the background, the racism row involving Harbhajan Singh has cast its shadow once again over India's tour of Australia. The turmoil came to the forefront after Justice John Hansen, who is to hear the appeal said on Monday that fresh evidence may be presented to him. But as CNN-IBN reports, the Indians find that unacceptable and that the new evidence may be doctored. Besides being a High Court judge in his native New Zealand, Justice John Hansen is also a keen cricketer. So while he offered a straight bat statement to the media on Monday in Adelaide, there was one googly thrown in. "There may also be some additional evidence, such as the transcript and video available from the stump cam that was not available to Mr Procter," Justice Hansen says. That threw the Indian management into a tizzy. Sources told CNN-IBN that no fresh evidence will be acceptable to them. After all, if any such evidence was available why wasn't it presented in Sydney itself when the hearing was held by Mike Proctor? Once again the tour is under threat. The BCCI too went on the offensive immediately. Sources said there was no question of playing on in Australia if Harbhajan was found guilty. The BCCI's working committee had decided unanimously to pull out if the charge was upheld and there was no reason to change that stance. The focus also is on the players involved. Sachin Tendulkar, who testified that he heard no such word uttered by Harbhajan, and Anil Kumble, who stood by his player, saying that punishment for a charge like this can't be brushed away lightly. And Harbhajan himself, who put faith in the BCCI to stick with him. "It wasn't bothering me at all. Whatever has happened is gone and my cricket Board is looking after the things I don't need to worry about," Harbhajan said. Clearly, the battle lines are drawn. If sources are to be believed, the Australian dressing room believes instead of apologising to them, Harbhajan has remained combative. But for the Indians to continue playing here in Australia if their man is labelled a 'racist' is simply not an option.

that's jumping the gun there by the bcci....why not hear the evidence unless they are afraid of something... then they could throw the charge out of "doctoring" evidence... and who is doing this "doctoring"? channel 9? CA? did symonds get into the video room himself and do it? it shows the BCCI in poor light not to hear it first...

that's jumping the gun there by the bcci....why not hear the evidence unless they are afraid of something... then they could throw the charge out of "doctoring" evidence... and who is doing this "doctoring"? channel 9? CA? did symonds get into the video room himself and do it? it shows the BCCI in poor light not to hear it first...
Either way, the evidence must be scrutinized. bcoz earlier reports suggested that Channel 9's microphones picked up nothing, but now we have the recordings out of nowhere. And their is sufficient reason for the BCCI to be afraid of, the appeal rests on the premise that there was no recordings and the decision was taken on one players word over the other. Now a recording seems to have cropped up, which means there is something fishy! Another important thing here is that Hansen had not said that the Stump microphone recordings are going to be used rather transcripts of the recordings!
there may also be some additional evidence, such as transcript available from the stump microphone, which was not available to Mr Procter [cricinfo]
This is nonsense! one can easily doctor the transcripts....

BREAKING NEWS TIMES NOW CLAIMS ACCESS TO STUMP MIKE RECORDINGS! NO EVIDENCE OF BHAJJI USING THE M WORD FOUND IN IT! According to times now this is what the transcripts say: Bhajji calls symonds.... they exchange words... symonds says says u just called me a monkey.... Hayden says it is a s*** word to use and says u know it is a racial vilification...Bahjji says Symonds was the one who instigated the sledging [he started it]! Pointing comes in and says it is not done, you have had it. Benson calls Bhajji over.... he probably enquirers abt the M..... word Bhajii nods his head in disapproval. THE TRANSCRIPT IS INCONCLUSIVE AS THERE IS NO CLARITY ON WHAT WORDS WHERE EXCHANGED!

If I am not mistaken, the whole proceeding of the Judge was about whether the hearing proceedings and evidence gathered by Proctor was sufficient to ban him for 3 matches. If we follow the judicial system such as british common law, the supreme court will review the decision making of the lower court rather than have a full-fledged trial. The supreme court is there to make sure that there are checks and balances. They dont start from scratch. How is this hearing any different? This hearing should be about how did proctor arrive at 3-match ban.

If I am not mistaken, the whole proceeding of the Judge was about whether the hearing proceedings and evidence gathered by Proctor was sufficient to ban him for 3 matches. If we follow the judicial system such as british common law, the supreme court will review the decision making of the lower court rather than have a full-fledged trial. The supreme court is there to make sure that there are checks and balances. They dont start from scratch. How is this hearing any different? This hearing should be about how did proctor arrive at 3-match ban.
That is exactly what BORIA MAJUMDAR of Times Now was asking earlier today. He said Hasean shouldn't be looking into new evidence rather he should be reviewing the procedure followed by Proctor.
BREAKING NEWS TIMES NOW CLAIMS ACCESS TO STUMP MIKE RECORDINGS! NO EVIDENCE OF BHAJJI USING THE M WORD FOUND IN IT! According to times now this is what the transcripts say: Bhajji calls symonds.... they exchange words... symonds says says u just called me a monkey.... Hayden says it is a s*** word to use and says u know it is a racial vilification...Bahjji says Symonds was the one who instigated the sledging [he started it]! Pointing comes in and says it is not done, you have had it. Benson calls Bhajji over.... he probably enquirers abt the M..... word Bhajii nods his head in disapproval. THE TRANSCRIPT IS INCONCLUSIVE AS THERE IS NO CLARITY ON WHAT WORDS WHERE EXCHANGED!
I don't understand? Either this is evidence or it isn't. You only consider it evidence if it clears your man, and not if it condemns. You want a pappadam AND a samosa dont you?
I don't understand? Either this is evidence or it isn't. You only consider it evidence if it clears your man' date=' and not if it condemns. You want a pappadam AND a samosa dont you?[/quote'] I already said in a post either way the stump recordings must be tested for authenticity. So what is your problem? :hysterical::hysterical: