Virat Kohli Press Conference after 1st Test

Shunya

Some weird comments

- We were very well prepared. I don't think it was lack of preparations. :wall:

- Pitch was outstanding. I really liked the wicket this was. It was great for Test Cricket.

- On dropping Rahane -- We decided to go on current form. Rohit had scored runs in last 3 matches against SL. We did similar things with Shikhar sometime back as well. Current form was definitely the criteria. :bumsmack:

- On playing briskly with intent - You can't just stand there and not have intent at all. Its important to keep coming at the bowler. We need to do it collectively from the top. (Is that a dig at Chepu?)

- Dhawan -- It is a preferred choice because left hander always helps and it has worked for us in past. :facepalm: 

Edited by Shunya
15 minutes ago, Shunya said:

- On playing briskly with intent - You can't just stand there and not have intent at all. Its important to keep coming at the bowler. We need to do it collectively from the top. (Is that a dig at Chepu?)

Bachke rehna pujara

15 minutes ago, Shunya said:

- Dhawan -- It is a preferred choice because left hander always helps and it has worked for us in past. 

When ????? Must be against SL 

Always to mat bol yaar 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I just hope Vijay's monkeying around wasn't as per Kohli's instructions to be positive and aggressive. This captain of ours is a specimen.

The current form justification of Rohit's selection is clearly unacceptable by which he also justifies how Shikhar Dhawan was also picked based on current form. :facepalm: Too much yaarana this is.

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I just hope Vijay's monkeying around wasn't as per Kohli's instructions to be positive and aggressive. This captain of ours is a specimen.

What was he doing shuffling around so much?

Awful batting.

Dhawan looked better in the first test.

But theoretically, Vijay is more likely to be successful than Dhawan who will look flashy and then get out.

8 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I have no idea how you can justify dhawan and rohits place especially after this failure. I hope and pray it's all smokescreen and that sane heads prevail and Rahul and rahane play the remaining matches. 

He sounds very confident of his thought process. :wall:

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Bachke rehna pujara

When ????? Must be against SL 

Always to mat bol yaar 

Dhawan playing well in Test matches has to be only against SL. And I dunno which other left handed opener was good in Tests unless he is going way back to Gauti in his prime.

3 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I have no idea how you can justify dhawan and rohits place especially after this failure. I hope and pray it's all smokescreen and that sane heads prevail and Rahul and rahane play the remaining matches. 

Dhawan in his last 5 Tests prior to this series - 550 runs @ 68.75

Rohit in his last 5 Tests prior to this series - 455 runs @ 113.75

Can't drop 2 in form players because of one bad game :p:.

9 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Justifying Rohit and Dhawan's selection based on current form is clearly yaarana now. Worst part is they are confident about all these that there is no fear of backlash or anything.

Check out my latest post in this thread. Both of these guys are in form and deserve a longer run (preferably the whole series). Lanka ke khilaaf ki gayee stat padding bahut bhari padegi :giggle:.

Virat overall is a decent test captain where he lacks is selecting the playing eleven n his notion of impact players, Dhawan n Rohit are not cut out for tests n especially poor away from home he needs to set aside emotions n pick players on logic alone, we would have had a chance if K L Rahul n even out of form Rahane played,also fast bowlers except BK were poor in first innings