Virat Kohli Press Conference after 1st Test

Shunya

4 minutes ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Kohli himself said they needed a player to get a 75 or 80, well KL rahul is that kinda guy, he may not always get a 100 but he can get you in the game, play a fighting knock, up the run rate etc. 

but we get sh*t dhawan and rohit, who cant score anything. Its a joke.

Exactly, he was the only one apart from Pujara who scored consistently in the tough Aus series where our Kaptaan went missing.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

What happened to the passion Virat used to show eg, when he was in tears when we got knocked out of the Wt20 a few years back or on other such occasions in his early days.

This is a new Virat and I am not liking this by the day.

He's just got more mature, more self control, guess we're overthinking it.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

What happened to the passion Virat used to show eg, when he was in tears when we got knocked out of the Wt20 a few years back or on other such occasions in his early days.

This is a new Virat and I am not liking this by the day.

Just saw the interview clip above.. looks like they are hurt which is good to see.. i dont want him to cry lol.

Most disappointing part of interview was his statement on Rohit's selection because he scored runs in last 3 matches (ODI matches, seriously?)

21 minutes ago, veer said:

Arent we hyping up KL Rahul too  much? He has failed many times so not sure if KL Rahul is the answer..

can you name any batsmen whos not failed "many times" ? 

KL deserved a chance to fail over Dhawan/Rohit , its that simple . No one can be absolutely sure he would have got runs , definately cos of better technique/skill his chances where better . 

17 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

can you name any batsmen whos not failed "many times" ? 

KL deserved a chance to fail over Dhawan/Rohit , its that simple . No one can be absolutely sure he would have got runs , definately cos of better technique/skill his chances where better . 

I dont support Dhawan or Rohit.. both should be restricted to ODIs and tests in asia.. My point was that people are making KL Rahul as the savior of our crisis.. but i dont see that would be the case.

KL might not have made a difference here, but these tests are a massive growth opportunity. You have to ask who has the potential to become a superstar come the Australian tests. Dhawan is an imposter at the crease. He lacks both in skill and also the ability to put the poor shot behind him in the way Sehwag and Warner do.

7 hours ago, ThePhenomenal1 said:

Kohli himself said they needed a player to get a 75 or 80, well KL rahul is that kinda guy, he may not always get a 100 but he can get you in the game, play a fighting knock, up the run rate etc. 

but we get sh*t dhawan and rohit, who cant score anything. Its a joke.

Yes. And Rahane can do that too. Too bad both of them had to watch helplessly from the bench. 

8 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Virat overall is a decent test captain where he lacks is selecting the playing eleven n his notion of impact players, Dhawan n Rohit are not cut out for tests n especially poor away from home he needs to set aside emotions n pick players on logic alone, we would have had a chance if K L Rahul n even out of form Rahane played,also fast bowlers except BK were poor in first innings

Do u think he is a fool. Even half informed fan in India will tell u that Rohit and dhawan are no test material.  Sometime it is wise to be a fool.  He is just fooling us by being a fool.