India really fluffed a great chance yesterday

SK_IH

1. The one day games should be played BEFORE the tests. Those would be the warm up games. Losing some bilateral Odis is better than losing test matches. 

2. Dhawan/Rohit - understand the reasoning for the risk. But, wrong call. 

3. Pujara, way too defensive. At least move the score board along with singles.

After all this time, my 100th post. Enjoyed reading more than posting. You all bring knowledge/passion. 

Cheers

Morning after the defeat as the dust settles,I feel really disappointed.It was a golden chance to show their mettle but no one stood out and showed any temperament or technique.Going 1-0 in the series would have meant a lot of things :

1. fortify the stand as undisputed no.1,
  2.  a chance to win the series
  3.  and most importantly quieten the rampaging saffers who want to absolutely demolish us this series and take revenge but alas.Things gonna get real difficult from now on 

Kohli will regret yesterday's efforts or the lack of it.

Its a good suggestion to opening the innings with Pujara. Both Dhawan and Vijay are liabilities in the field and with their waning batting abilities, there is not much they can do for India's cause.

KL

Pujara

Rahane

Kohli

Rohit (Like to give him one more chance)

Pandya

Saha

Ashwin

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

This is much better attack. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unbelievable. They should have just kept blunting the attack. Morkel is a great bowler. But he wilts under pressure. 

really disappointed with kohli and pujara,both failed a great opportunity and didnt understand wtf vijay was trying do

I only had hope from Kohli yesterday the way he wss batting and taking doubles with Rohit, the moment he got out, writing was on the wall but I still kept beleiving we will win but we did not. Ashwin-Bhuvi had a 49 run pship and had the top order applied themselves a bit more we could have won this game.

One of the turning point of the match or turning point of Day 4 which many might not realize was the wicket of Kohli, not because it was crucial as in the name that Kohli the player had gotten out, but that Maharaj was warming up to bowl the next over.  It is just that he was about to come in next as Philander and Morkel and Rabada could not break through Rohit and Kohli for a while. However one false shot of settled Kohli which sent him back packing also ensured Maharaj would not come for a while. Rohit then perished and slowly we kept folding.

Had Kohli not gotten out that time Maharaj would hve been perhaps taken for runs and the game could have had diifferent result. Little instance but a very important one.

We should learn from the mistakes. I think we will and come back well next game.

11 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I think lack of batting practice is where we los tit I think. We are never a good starter away from home and lack of batting showed it. Like you could see Kohli and even Ashwin looking better and looked like scoring runs. If we had any warm up set up or something, we could have performed better.

Rahu and Rahane should have been there in the team but I don't think that was still the reason we lost. They are better than both Rohit and Dhawan but with lack of practice, even they might have struggled.

My biggest issue is with lack of warm up games. Big tour, once in 3-4 years and we decide to send team so late because some of them were busy with ODI'S.

Kohli could have stayed for the marriage but at least others should have joined early and played a warm up. At least if BCCI had arranged some warm ups before Christmas, team members barring Kohli at least should have joined early.

Bad planning is the number one culprit for the defeat.

Imagine any team coming to India where they anyways suck as its hard to even draw a test in India for any visiting team. Now if the visiting team don't play any warm up, they are in for massive drubbing in the firs test. Same thing happened to India.

Yes, conditions are difficult, so why bother playing first XI. Just send in the Tripura team.

Just now, jf1gp_1 said:

I agree. Droping rahane was risky but he was struggling but whats sad is how much few posters are enjoying posting 'i told you rohit and dhawan will fail'

They did fail. Didn't they. Watch their shots to get out and come back again. Getting out like hacks. :facepalm: