Fan boys and fan girls.

beetle

7 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Laxman and ashwin actually its conditional hate, I hate them coz they sucks against Pakistan more than anything.... Unadcut and others i hate them to the core.

Laxman scored a match winning 100 in the decider in the 2004 ODI series, also played well in 2007 home test series. Ashwin is yet to play tests (his best format) against them but has done decently in T20s and that very good spell (3 consecutive maidens when they were scoring at a fast clip) in the 2015 WC. Kohli should never have given a spinner the last over in 2014 Asia Cup that too against Afridi, in CT 2017 F Jadeja was worse than him and even Shadab got wrecked by Pandya...that was not a pitch for spinners. There have been many cricketers who have failed more miserably against them, so surprised you chose them.  

Edited by Gollum

Fan - Sachin, Dhoni, Yuvi, 

Like these in current team - Kohli, Rahane, Bhuvi, Jaddu

Originally was diehard Sachin fan growing up like everyone else till like 2003-2004. Then it fade away a bit as got disconnected from Cricket. And then I watched on/off for couple years until Yuvi/Dhoni reignited the passion for cricket again. Feel arrival of Dhoni and Yuvi had changed the way we played cricket and most importantly brought us wins and lifelong memories as a fan. Cannot forget that ever.

Do not hate anyone. Infact, the extreme hate that I saw for Dhoni here made me into a fanboy lol which I would have not even thought about ever. Just hate the people who hate so much. 

Fanboy of Sachin.

I started watching cricket at a time during which he was at his peak (1998) and he simply was at a level above the rest. It was also to do with the aesthetics of his batting. He just seemed like the perfect batsman.

My obsession with him was so well known that my hostel mates in college used to save a place for me right in front of the Television every time he was batting.

Looking back, it seems i took my obsession to an embarrassing level.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

You really need to put things in perspective. Is this the kind of language your reserve for someone who led us to the WC, the CT and the WC T20? 

The person who revolutionized and gave the small town guys hope. Look at the team pre Dhoni days. They were all Mumbai/Bangalore/Delhi guys. A few guys from other places. 

Dhoni set the tone and now we have more widespread representation.

He happened to be at the right place at the right time. Besides he was a passenger in 90% of the matches in the WC/WT20/CT. 

He didn't revolutionize anything, small town boys would anyway have come because of changing India, this process of transformation of small town India has been going on for the last 20-30 years, in almost every sport they have broken into our national teams. For example I won't say that Modi revolutionized our space program just because Mangalyaan was a success during his stint, the process has been going on for decades and he was lucky that during his 1st year in power his party got to shamelessly claim credit for something 1000s of great people have devoted their lives to for decades. I am disappointed with your post Madam, Dhoni can't steal credit for small town guys representing India. If someone deserves credit it should be those small town cricket coaches and parents/teachers/administrators who improved cricket infrastructure and mindset in those places. Besides I can wager that these guys didn't suddenly start cricket after Dhoni's success, pretty sure they would have been inspired by the likes of Sachin, Dada, Dravid, Kumble, Srinath when they were 8 year olds.  

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Laxman scored a match winning 100 in the decider in the 2004 ODI series, also played well in 2007 home test series. Ashwin is yet to play tests (his best format) against them but has done decently in T20s and that very good spell (3 consecutive maidens when they were scoring at a fast clip) in the 2015 WC SF. Kohli should never have given a spinner the last over in 2014 Asia Cup that too against Afridi, in CT 2017 F Jadeja was worse than him and even Shadab got wrecked by Pandya...that was not a pitch for spinners. There have been many cricketers who have failed more miserably against them, so surprised you chose them.  

Bro, kind of caliber laxman had as batsman he sucked against Pakistan mostly and had pathetic average of 23 vs pak, I don't blame ashwin for 2014 Asia cup he bowled well there but in ct irrespective of pitch he bowled so negative lines, in legsides mostly, baabar azam was sucking the momentum out for pak in the middle but it was  ashwins pathetic bowling which feasted  fakhar azahm so I blame ashwin as the main culprit, even if he do well vs pak in test(which I doubt as pak do well against offies) it won't make it up for his pathetic show in ct. Jadeja kind of do well vs pak and pandya is one more who ups his Game vs pak thanks for reminding he is  one more in my  like list.

12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Bro, kind of caliber laxman had as batsman he sucked against Pakistan mostly and had pathetic average of 23 vs pak, I don't blame ashwin for 2014 Asia cup he bowled well there but in ct irrespective of pitch he bowled so negative lines, in legsides mostly, baabar azam was sucking the momentum out for pak in the middle but it was  ashwins pathetic bowling which feasted  fakhar azahm so I blame ashwin as the main culprit, even if he do well vs pak in test(which I doubt as pak do well against offies) it won't make it up for his pathetic show in ct. Jadeja kind of do well vs pak and pandya is one more who ups his Game vs pak thanks for reminding he is  one more in my  like list.

Laxman's poor record against Pakistan is due to his bad footwork against inswing/off cutter deliveries at fuller lengths. While Australian and South African bowlers have outswing as their stock balls, Pakistanis bowl inswing as their stock balls.

His poor record against England is also due to the same reason, Broad bowls off cutter at full lengths and Anderson has a great inswinger.

Not a fanboy of any cricketer but I enjoyed cricket much more before T20 era, when fours were exciting and sixes were rare and to be celebrated.

However, when Sachin scored 200 against Steyn bowling at 150 kph at that time, I felt like being at the top of the world as a fan! To me that achievement felt bigger than Lara's 400* at that time!

From the current crop,

Fan: KL, Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni

Dislike: MoFo Dhawan

KL - Because he's from my state and a very stylish batsman.

Kohli - for obvious reasons, this guy is a complete package.

Rohit - Most talented batsman in India currently.

Dhoni - He used to work in Railway stations. I guess he will go back there once he retires. Need to keep the stations more clean though.

Dhawan - obnoxious, useless, bullying youngsters from his own team.

Edited by Lannister
55 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Laxman's poor record against Pakistan is due to his bad footwork against inswing/off cutter deliveries at fuller lengths. While Australian and South African bowlers have outswing as their stock balls, Pakistanis bowl inswing as their stock balls.

His poor record against England is also due to the same reason, Broad bowls off cutter at full lengths and Anderson has a great inswinger.

Mech. Bhai I agree, his feet used to glue together while facing that in swing ball, also poor in running between the wickets, never liked him as odi cricketer.

Off topic, @MechEng Bhai first melody chocolate then sweet wada then mohmd.rafi and now this chai in your dp, why you prefer only sweet things in dp??? :p:

Edited by speedheat
12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Mech. Bhai I agree, his feet used to glue together while facing that in swing ball, also poor in running between the wickets, never liked him as odi cricketer.

Off topic, @MechEng Bhai first melody chocolate then sweet wada then mohmd.rafi and now this chai in your dp, why you prefer only sweet things in dp??? :p:

Arrey bhai that was medu vada, not a sweet vada. I'm a chai addict, knock down 7 cups a day.

Not a blind fanboy of anyone, so will list Likes and Dislikes:

Yuvi (of Old) - Biggest matchwinner for us in important LOI tourneys, and love the way he smacked sixes - just clean hitting

Sehwag - Redefined Test opener role, and first time I saw teams taking into account the Sehwag factor while setting us targets

Bhuvi - Highly skilled and a bowler with brains, which is very rare. Also improving by every match

Kohli (Only the batsman) - King chaser and the self belief he has. Gun LOI player.

Dhoni (The LOI Captain) - Very good LOI captain especially during the first half of his tenure, won India most global cups. Overstayed his shelf life and became brainless towards the end

DISLIKES:

Kohli (The Captain) - Nepotism at it's worst, poor strategy, keeping all oldies and friends in team, not bothered about developing youngsters, no foresight, destroying current deserving players career, etc.

Dhoni (The Test captain and Current Player) - Taking the place of other youngsters, Bad test captain who could not motivate a team on a downward spiral

Ishant Sharma - Knows nothing other than jumping from 26th floor, could have spent valuable time on another deserving player for 10+ years

Kapil paaji, Srikanth( purely because i was young and he used to score runs at quick rate) SRT and Dravid. Watched Kohli first playing under 19 world Cup. Immediately thought he will become a star. Then he cemented that belief after that match against Pakistan in some "I dont care" series final match.

But for first time I see, Indian team selection is now behaving like PCB selection during Lala/Misbah days and hence I completely detest Kohli.

My current favorites are Ashwin Umesh Bhuvi Pujara. Always had doubts over Rahane and Murali's technique. Reason for that is I watch complete inning to judge a player then just highlights and have found the two wanting.

Kuldeep Pandya and Rahul are "not certainly in the team" favorites.

Not in team favourite is Pant

Edited by mishra