Virat Kohli Captaincy thread

No I am not. I genuinely think we need a skipper with fire in his belly to wake our team from its complacency. Even dhoni has realised that and has changed his captaincy recently to be more kohli like. He will be next skipper and I think its a good thing. Even if not cpatain he is great player and positive person to have in the dressing room.
its fake fire. A Captain has to command respect - Kohli can never ever inspire his teammates with his abuses.
its fake fire. A Captain has to command respect - Kohli can never ever inspire his teammates with his abuses.
Why does everyone say its fake. He is up for it and likes a tussle, just cos he is indian we cant play with fire. Loads of sports man all over world play with fire when playing sports, yet cos indian fake Yuvraj, Sree, Bhaji, Kohli, Dada all fake. Waugh, Ponting, Prior and co. All tough sobs who are great competitive sportsman. Colonial hangover among many. This is new india and new indian types i amfraid chaps. Like it or not many of new geno like to posture, like to fight and have arrogance. Its not fake its juts how they are. Many simply cant adapt to new india. The players have tattos, drink a lot some times, have hot girls, lots of money, are flash and also look down upon westerners. Deal with it
Ironically' date=' you can say that on most of his posts/threads.[/quote'] Ah still upset cos you depsratley tried to defend Ghandhis, congress and their role in 84!!! Unfortunatley seen posters like you before. Believe like you are intellectually superior then the rest and go around sneering at others. You are no better chump, get over yourself

We don't need someone like Kohli...I agree with the jist of what you are saying but should be more like say someone like Dada,Greame Smith....will be a nice guy but if you f with me I will show you types....Shikhar Dhawan seems to be in that mould.....Dhoni is too nice of a guy.....SRT,RD,VVS etc were gentlemen but we need someone who inspires but doesn't take B.S....Kohli,Gambo seems to loose cool on their own players ....not a good sign

We don't need someone like Kohli...I agree with the jist of what you are saying but should be more like say someone like Dada' date='Greame Smith....will be a nice guy but if you f with me I will show you types....Shikhar Dhawan seems to be in that mould.....Dhoni is too nice of a guy.....SRT,RD,VVS etc were gentlemen but we need someone who inspires but doesn't take B.S....Kohli,Gambo seems to loose cool on their own players ....not a good sign[/quote'] I tell you what. Losing cool players with own players is frankly WELL OVERDUE in india team. How many times over the years have we seen lazy, non interested, non concentraing, not up for it, cant be bothered attitude in Indian team, particularly in regard to fielding. How many times have we seen india team just go through the motions and wave white flag. I have been crying out for a captain at those points to give them the hairdryer at these pathetic moments. Instead nothing is said and we go through the motions. If some idiots is pathjetic and not trying hard. I want all 10 other players to turn round and abuse the lazy ****er. Too often nothing is said. As for dada he went out of his way to wind up oppo and get in their faces. And I mean out of his way at times. We needed that. Plenty of other skippers from overseas have got in to plenty of fights. Yes Kohli needs to pick the right moments but he was right not to back down against gambhir as he started We need that now after our feeble 8-0 efforts , were frankly a lot of abusing should have been done at that under performing non effort at times.

Some of you guys have clearly never played good level of sport. Dravid, Sachin, Laxman are freaks. Exception to rule. No one can be like them, please dont expect that. A lot get angry playing sports and love getting in faces. Thats modern sport now and indian players are no exceptions, frankly I dont know why people want them to be exceptions. I for yonks wnated an aggressive in your face indian team. Seems many enjoy the status quo

Why does everyone say its fake. He is up for it and likes a tussle, just cos he is indian we cant play with fire. Loads of sports man all over world play with fire when playing sports, yet cos indian fake Yuvraj, Sree, Bhaji, Kohli, Dada all fake. Waugh, Ponting, Prior and co. All tough sobs who are great competitive sportsman. Colonial hangover among many. This is new india and new indian types i amfraid chaps. Like it or not many of new geno like to posture, like to fight and have arrogance. Its not fake its juts how they are. Many simply cant adapt to new india. The players have tattos, drink a lot some times, have hot girls, lots of money, are flash and also look down upon westerners. Deal with it
I don't remember many other players (Indian or International) who will abuse the opposition or their own teammates or the crowd every time they get out/take a catch/drop a catch/effect a run out etc. This is not aggression - its simply a case of someone trying too hard to show that he's aggressive. He ends up looking immature instead of aggressive. Ganguly was aggressive but didn't need to verbally abuse players and he still commanded respect from his teammates and the opposition and was loved by the crowd.

Indians have problem. Dont like players with spunk and aggression. If foreign player then lauded for same thing. Look at our players with spunk and how they are slaughtered and demonised for this on this armchair never play sport forum. Bhaji plays with fire, so slaughtered Sree plays with spunk, slaughtered by all and slaughtered by own captain cos winning amatch in SA with spunk Kohli plays with spunk slaughtered. I dont mind players with fire. But the side parting brigade cant handle it

Some of you guys have clearly never played good level of sport. Dravid, Sachin, Laxman are freaks. Exception to rule. No one can be like them, please dont expect that. A lot get angry playing sports and love getting in faces. Thats modern sport now and indian players are no exceptions, frankly I dont know why people want them to be exceptions. I for yonks wnated an aggressive in your face indian team. Seems many enjoy the status quo
its one thing to occasionally get angry at opposition/your own players but another thing to step onto the field while being angry in every single match in every single competition across all formats. It looks like he's not in control of himself and the opposition will take advantage of that.
Ganguly took on Flintoff...Waugh took on Ambrose....hell Gambo took on the likes of Watson,Afridi #respect...So far Kohli has yelled at V.K and that Kid from his team...let him stand up to Ravi Rampaul or hell even RP.Singh(biggest f up of them all) but no because he knows that will upset M.S.D
Ganguly took on Flintoff...Waugh took on Ambrose....hell Gambo took on the likes of Watson' date='Afridi #respect...So far Kohli has yelled at V.K and that Kid from his team...let him stand up to Ravi Rampaul or hell even RP.Singh(biggest f up of them all) but no because he knows that will upset M.S.D[/quote'] O dont worry. He will stand up to so called great players, give him time.:--D As for this kid and all sympathy. You dont know kid. His attitude may be poor, lethargic, not proffessional enough. No one knows. Frankly he may be youngster who needs kick up backside and needs hairdryer. I trust Kohli in this Border slaughtered many a kid for poor attitude. On and off field. Of course he does it hard tough aussie and legend. Kohli does it, attitude stinks. I played with youngsters and many has got and deserved a rollicking on the field. Whats the issue girls!!! Lots of self laothing here

There you go KT....Go to the IPL section...you will see a video of a douche and a nobody like Bisla insulting R.D.....Now please don't say he should replace MSD for that.....Is this what you are talking about? There is a difference between being agressive and a total POS

Indians have problem. Dont like players with spunk and aggression. If foreign player then lauded for same thing. Look at our players with spunk and how they are slaughtered and demonised for this on this armchair never play sport forum. Bhaji plays with fire, so slaughtered Sree plays with spunk, slaughtered by all and slaughtered by own captain cos winning amatch in SA with spunk Kohli plays with spunk slaughtered. I dont mind players with fire. But the side parting brigade cant handle it
Spunk if utilised properly would take them places. Not, sprewing around MCs and BCs when you see sun rising from the east. No player in India can ever perform at such high adrenaline performances without a calm head. The biggest aggressor for me has been Kumble. I can assure you he had as much attitude as Kohli shows up. But, it was always restrained/controlled.
Spunk if utilised properly would take them places. Not, sprewing around MCs and BCs when you see sun rising from the east. No player in India can ever perform at such high adrenaline performances without a calm head. The biggest aggressor for me has been Kumble. I can assure you he had as much attitude as Kohli shows up. But, it was always restrained/controlled.
Yes kumble was tough silent type. A great BUT EACH PERSON IS DIFFERENT. Kohli has his way of expressing his way on pitch and I see no issues. Dont see him in front of ICC or match referee every game. If he was as some say OUT OF CONTROL then this would happen. People have lost it in their blind hate. Some say he has no control and is bonkers, others say he is just acting:hysterical: Look so he plays with passion and swears to himself, big deal. And sometimes has a go at oppo and at own slack teammates. Big deal. Frankly he is calm and in control, he would not score the ridiciulous amount of runs he has in international cricket then. The hate directed at him is pathetic and out of proportion.