Mark my words - India will still win the series

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why you guys are so down and out? Chin up...its just first game, entire series left. Jeez.

We are winning this series.

#IsBaarAfricaPeWaar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You need a 16 6s or a highest odi score or fastest T20s 100 type of innings for that happen...do these miracles happen-Yes!!! But for that you need to keep faith in the right things.

just saying we will win is very generic.

We were able to take 20 SA wickets for only 416 runs bowling to batters who grew up batting in these conditions.  That is a big plus for me.

The other plus is .....  Kohli, Pujara and Rahane all averaged between 68 and 70 on the last SA tour .....  and Vijay was able to play 95 balls per innings.  Rahul has a century in bouncy Australia.

Also remember that the SA batting looks weak.

We have nothing to lose ...  our team should focus on the above 3 factors and get themselves motivated .....  practice hard .... forget selfies in tourist spots for a few days ..... include Rahul and Rahane in place of Dhawan and Rohit .....  and focus on the job at hand.

We have a good chance of winning the next test.  

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We were able to take 20 SA wickets for only 416 runs bowling to batters who grew up batting in these conditions.  That is a big plus for me.

The other plus is .....  Kohli, Pujara and Rahane all averaged between 68 and 70 on the last SA tour .....  and Vijay was able to play 95 balls per innings.  Rahul has a century in bouncy Australia.

We have nothing to lose ...  our team should focus on the above 3 factors and get themselves motivated .....  practice hard .... forget selfies in tourist spots for a few days ..... include Rahul and Rahane in place of Dhawan and Rohit .....  and focus on the job at hand.

All those positives. .....which didn't help in the first test .....you are still 1 - 0 down and facing a big upward struggle 

19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

On a pitch like this which gives our bowlers a shot...our batsmen will be sitting ducks.

Despite the reputation and name value of the South African attack our bowling attack as a unit can match them especially on a track like this.

On a flat pitch though, likes of Amla and AB will run away with the game in their home conditions. So even if our batting fires,it will either be a draw or a loss because South Africa usually don’t make too many mistakes in test cricket.

our best bet is to get a dry surface like Srilanka got a few years back in Durbanwhere Ash and Jaddu or even our seamers who are good in such conditions especially  Ishu,Shami and Umesh can come into play.

While I understand optimism is good,there needs to be a logic around it.

Edited by maniac

South African batting looked vulnerable because it was a bowlers paradise.

on a flat pitch likes of Amla and AB will hurt us bad.

on a South African type flat pitch with true bounce our bowlers will struggle as they traditionally have going by what we saw in the recent Australian tours or even with some of the pitches we had in England in 2011.

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

How badly I wished it to be a 4 or 5 match series. BCCI :facepalm:

Can we scrap few LOIs and have a proper test series. The first test was already better than current Ashes series or any Ind-Sl test

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I feel India is winning it. Our batting is going to click I am sure but not all of them will come to the party yet but we should post 350 after batting first and then bowl them out for around 240ish and take a 100 plus lead and will add 250ish and give them a target of 350ish and wll win by 160 some runs.

30 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

All those positives. .....which didn't help in the first test .....you are still 1 - 0 down and facing a big upward struggle 

Because we arrived in SA just a few days before the first test ......   had just 3 practice sessions in SA ... no practice games .... team was still in Kohli wedding party mode in test one.  We were woefully under-prepared and the planning for this tour was poor.

This  test gave us some actual game time and a jolt back to reality

We will get some more practice sessions too inbetween tests.

2nd test may not be the same for us.   Let's see what happens.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Because we arrived in SA just a few days before the first test ......   had just 3 practice sessions in SA ... no practice games .... team was still in Kohli wedding party mode in test one.  We were woefully under-prepared and the planning for this tour was poor.

This  test gave us some actual game time and a jolt back to reality

We will get some more practice sessions too inbetween tests.

2nd test may not be the same for us.

Incompetency is an excuse? 

With a track record that India has outside Asia and that was the preparations for a test series?  

India deserves to be nothing else than 1 -0 down.  

4 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Incompetency is an excuse? 

Not an excuse but an explanation.  

They deserve the flak they are getting.

4 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

With a track record that India has outside Asia and that was the preparations for a test series?  

India deserves to be nothing else than 1 -0 down.  

Absolutely.

Not preparing properly for SA leaves a bad taste.

But next 2 tests may yield different results IF they become focused from now on.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Not an excuse but an explanation.  

They deserve the flak they are getting.

Absolutely.

Not preparing properly for SA leaves a bad taste.

But next 2 tests may yield different results IF they become focused from now on.

I admire your optimism lol