Sign in to follow this  
Shy9

Bangladesh/ Zimbabwe/Srilanka Tri Series & 1st Test BD vs SL at Chittagong

Bangladesh to Host Srilanka and Zimbabwe.

12 pm starts in BD = 11.30 IST

After the Tri Series  Both will play 2 tests and 2 t20i in Bangladesh 

Tri-series:

•Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, Match 1, Dhaka, January 15
•Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe, Match 2, Dhaka, January 17
•Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, Match 3, Dhaka, January 19
•Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe, Match 4, Dhaka, January 21
•Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, Match 5, Dhaka, January 23 
•Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, Match 6, Dhaka, January 25 

•Final, Dhaka, January 27.

Zimbabwe Squad

Hamilton Masakadza, Solomon Mire, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sikandar Raza, Peter Moor, Malcolm Waller, Graeme Cremer (c), Ryan Murray (wk), Tendai Chisoro, Brandon Mavuta, Blessing Muzarabani, Christopher Mpofu, Tendai Chatara, Kyle Jarvis

Bangladesh squad

: Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah, Imrul Kayes, Anamul Haq, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Mohammad Mithun Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifudidin, Sanjamul Islam

Srilanka Squad
Squad: Angelo Mathews (capt), Upul Tharanga, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Perera, Thisara Perera, Asela Gunaratne, Niroshan Dickwella, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep, Dushmantha Chameera, Shehan Madushanka, Akila Dananjaya, Lakshan Sandakan, Wanindu Hasaranga.

Edited by Shy9

Bangladesh hosting srilanka and Zimbabwe 

All games will be Showing live in all Asian  cricket playing country plus in USA. Not sure of UK,Australia,Nz,Windies  or SOA 

I wish good luck to all 3 captain but sorry for Sabbir ( beating fans) 

suspension and dropping of Sarkar and L.Das.

Edited by Shy9

SL used DOOSRA and kick out  TEESRA P  under him,SL beaten but Matthews is good captain.i can not see future for feeble Zimbabwe but they too have some very 

good player — Jarvis,Taylor,Masakadza and Raza 

Bangladesh Sri Lanka Zimbabwe Tri-Nation Series

The tri-nation series hosting by Bangladesh will be held in Mirpur, Dhaka on January 15 – 27. Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe will take part in this series. There is a slight changed in tri-nation series fixtures. According to the previous schedule, the matches were supposed to start from 2:30 pm in the afternoon. But now every match will start from 12:00 pm.(BD local = 11.30am in IST)

Considering the weather and environment conditions, BCB has brought changes in the upcoming tri-nation series matches. According to the fixed schedule, all the matches in the tri series (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe) will be held day and night. However, there is no change in day-night match, but the time has been turned back a bit. Although, in previous scheduled every match was fixed starting from mid-afternoon. But now it will start from 12:00 pm.(BD local)

The decision was taken mainly to avoid the fog of winter. The countryside is surrounding by fog as well as the intense winter. Fog may be less than the present, but it will have a lot more effect in the upcoming matches. Therefore, BCB‘s decision is taken to change the timing to give the best possible facilities of the players.

Resources
Sports channel Bangladesh

I 'll be keeping a close watch on this, 2 of these teams will play the Nidahas Trophy, hope our team management scout for potential threats rather than wasting time in SA.  SA tours happen once in 4 years, same with WC....but Nidahas Trophy is once in 20 years, we can't screw up there. 

Edited by Gollum

Above will be showing live in India on star selects channel but I think U19 World Cup 

on  star one and Hotstar ( online)

i can watch HOTSTAR free on my phone but online they ask 199 rupees per month 

any information how to watch free with Apps or Any other way

Edited by Shy9

8 hours ago, Shy9 said:

Above will be showing live in India on star selects channel but I think U19 World Cup 

on  star one and Hotstar ( online)

i can watch HOTSTAR free on my phone but online they ask 199 rupees per month 

any information how to watch free with Apps or Any other way

Install Airtel tv app in your smartphone. You'd be getting live feed of Sony Ten 1 and Sony Ten HD. 

Ban vs ZIM, Dhaka

Starts at 11:30 AM IST

Preview

While Bangladesh have made rapid progress in Test cricket, their ODI records in recent times have dwindled, especially in the past two years. Their last ODI assignment at home was against England in late 2016 and they wouldn't want to jog their memories back to that point, having lost 3-0. Current times have been more about Chandika Hathurusingha's resignation, but going by their skipper Mashrafe Mortaza's words, the team isn't too bothered taking on the likes of Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka, given their coaches have at some point of time coached them too.

Home conditions will provide Bangladesh the comforts they would need to rebuild their ODI wishes and they would once again look to build it around their most trusted personnel in Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim and Mortaza. The series will also present Anamul Haque with an opportunity to cement his spot, after a shoulder injury first and Hathurusingha's opinion on his approach kept him out of the side. The likes of Nasir Hossain and Mohammad Mithun will be in contention too to build the middle-order. Mortaza's intention of sticking to three-seamer policy could mean they go in with one frontline spinner, which could be either of Mehidy Hasan or Sunzamul Islam.

Zimbabwe will be bolstered by the return of Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis in ODI colours and will add that extra sting to their batting department that already boasts of the experience of Hamilton Masakadza, Sikandar Raza, Malcolm Waller and Craig Ervine. Coach Heath Streak will have a thing or two too to add to their plans, having spent time with the Bangladesh bowlers till recently. Even though Zimbabwe's previous ODI series was in July last year, that result would still be fresh in their minds.

When: Monday, January 15, 1 PM Local,12.30 PM IST

Where: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

What to expect: The weather is expected to be fairly cold with strong winds early in the afternoon. As the lights come on, there could be dew coming into play as well. Team bowling first will look to make early inroads, especially with fog expected at the start.

Team News:

Zimbabwe:

Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis, who came out of their Kolpak deals recently, will be in ODI colours for the first time upon return. There's a possibility that Blessing Muzarabani could get a look in, after having made his Test debut recently, against South Africa in the four-day Pink Ball Test.

Bangladesh:

With Imrul Kayes injured, Anamul Haque is expected to slot in at that position with a fine run in the domestic circuit. If Mortaza sticks to his belief of using three seamers, Mehidy Hasan and Sunzamul Islam could be seen battling it out for the spinner's spot.

What they said:

We have hardly played many games since 2015 with less than three pace bowlers. They have helped us win games and have also been cause of some losses too. There can be a bad patch, but it is important to have faith in the pace bowlers, especially with a World Cup in England coming up: Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh skipper.

I learnt a lot about the Bangladesh players (and a few Sri Lankan players) during the BPL. It will be really good for us. The input from [Sikandar] Raza and Malcolm [Waller] will also help us a lot in the tri-series: Graeme Cremer, Zimbabwe skipper.

Teams:

Zimbabwe (From): Hamilton Masakadza, Solomon Mire, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sikandar Raza, Peter Moor(w), Malcolm Waller, Graeme Cremer(c), Kyle Jarvis, Tendai Chisoro, Tendai Chatara, Ryan Murray, Brandon Mavuta, Blessing Muzarabani, Chris Mpofu

Bangladesh (From): Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Anamul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Mehidy Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza(c), Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Sunzamul Islam, Mohammad Mithun

Resources:
©  2018 Cricbuzz.com

On ‎10‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 5:05 PM, speedheat said:

Battle between minnows Bangladesh will win comprehensively... End thread.

:giphy:100th ODI in progress at DHAKA today, but no BD playing today, I think Sharjah number one with 231 ODI in last 34 years @ record

Zimbabwe 76 for 1 live on Hotstar vs Srilanka

Edited by Shy9

21 hours ago, SK_IH said:

yesterday i heard a lankan commentator taking positives after defeat against zim,i think lankan free fall has been accepted by their fans and admirers

SL will loose Matthews as hamstring injury will keep him out for Tri Series 

game today vs Bangladesh by SL 

Srilankas kusal Mendis hits 7 ball 28 as Srilanka 221 all out 

Chandi 45,Thara 56, Dick 42 

Rubeil 4 wickets 

Bangladesh 142 

Mahmuddullah 76 

22 year old Madushanka took HATTRICK ON ODI DEBT for SL

SRILANKA WON TRI SERIES

Edited by Shy9

1st Test: Jan 31 - Feb 4 at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

2nd Test: Feb 8-12 at Sher E Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

1st T20I: February 15 at Sher E Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

2nd T20I: February 18 at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet[/quote]

Sri Lanka Squads
Dinesh Chandimal(c), Dimuth Karunaratne, Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Roshen Silva, Rangana Herath, Suranga Lakmal, Dilruwan Perera, Dushmantha Chameera, Lakshan Sandakan, Akila Dananjaya, Nipun Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara, 

Bangladesh Squads
Mashrafe Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan (c) Mushfiqur Rahim, Mushfiqur Rahman, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah, Anamul Haque, Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman, Rubel Hossain, Abul Hasan, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mohammad Mithun, Sunzamul Islam,

Mahmudullah captain of Bangladesh as Shakib not available 

On 1/24/2018 at 2:56 PM, New guy said:

So, this only shows when someone has got out on a duck. If someone faces 100 balls, scores 1 run on the 101 and gets out, he won't feature here. Correct?

NewGuy 

at 9 am today test match starts 

376 for 4  BD in the first test vs SL 

mominul Haq 175 not Out , he completed 2000 Test runs in 47 Test innings even Virat need 30 tests = 60 innings for 2000 Test runs Cong 

momin put on 235 with mushy ( 92 )

58 minutes ago, SUMO said:

20-0-100-0

Herath should retire now....

Chittagong has nothing for spinner on day 1 , Rajesh Chauhan gave 276 for 0 wicket on track like Chittagong in one of test, were SL hits 952 for 6 vs India

Herath will be okay for a while, as allrounder

I wonder how many BD scores on day 2 : wellington Test of 2017.? Because Mushy scored 159 and Shakib 212, all in single day

Yesterday momin was close ( 175* in @ day ) but new ball slows him down

Best partnership by BD in tests :

359 -- Rahim/Shakib vs  NZ @ Wellington 2017
312-- Kayes/Tamim  vs Pak @Khulna 2015
267 --Ashraful/Rahim vs SL @ Galle 2013
236-- Mominul/Rahim vs SL @ Chittagong 2018
232- Keyes- Shamsur vs SL @ Chittagong 2014

Kushal Mendis dismissed in 190’s second time in his career yesterday 

k.Mendis 194 vs ? In 2017

k.Mendis. 196 vs BD on his birthday. Yesterday 

BD 513

sL   503 for 3