SA request fast and bouncy pitch for 2nd test

prinzo

India can brace for another pace barrage when they face the Proteas in the second Test in Centurion from Saturday.

Bryan Bloy, SuperSport Park’s groundsman, told Netwerk24 that the message from the Proteas camp is clear: they want a lively pitch with lots of bounce and pace.

Bloy said the recent heatwave in Gauteng made preparation difficult, but that he was doing his best to adhere to the home side’s request.

“Our aim is to prepare a pitch that has something in it for the bowlers in the morning before getting a little more batsman friendly. Due to the heat, the pitch will also wear away a bit on the fourth and fifth day,” Bloy said, before adding: “But it will a quick surface with bounce and a little sideways movement.”

The news will be welcomed by Proteas coach Ottis Gibson, who was quoted as saying on Monday: “When you are playing at home you play to your strengths and at the moment we have some high-quality fast bowlers. I'm a very fast bowling-minded kind of coach.”

I always think having a helpful pitch helps India compared to getting a flat road. Just that India needs to get Ishant as well. Umesh is a dummy on helpful pitches. He just does not know how to make the most of it. Not that Ishant is steyn next coming. But he can trouble you if he gets his rhythm right.  Drop Ash and Bhumrah.   Saha sucks ball with bat. But he should be the keeper. Most of the catches will go to keeper in such conditions. Parthiv will eff up big time.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I always think having a helpful pitch helps India compared to getting a flat road. Just that India needs to get Ishant as well. Umesh is a dummy on helpful pitches. He just does not know how to make the most of it. Not that Ishant is steyn next coming. But he can trouble you if he gets his rhythm right.  Drop Ash and Bhumrah.   Saha sucks ball with bat. But he should be the keeper. Most of the catches will go to keeper in such conditions. Parthiv will eff up big time.

bounce se darr nahi lagta sahab ,ishant se lagta hai :fear1:

I expect the track to be on the flatter side.  SA know that they have the bowling to stay effective, and a bowler friendly track only brings our bowlers into the game.  

In so many ways, the first test was a golden opportunity for our team.  But the top order batting shytshow totally blew it. 

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I expect the track to be on the flatter side.  SA know that they have the bowling to stay effective, and a bowler friendly track only brings our bowlers into the game.  

In so many ways, the first test was a golden opportunity for our team.  But the top order batting shytshow totally blew it. 

but on a flat pitch our batsman can be as good as their batsmen like last time in Wanderers when pitch got better in 2nd innings and they do not have Steyn to make use if ball reverses.