• Announcements

• Trichromatic

IPL forum is open now   01/29/2018

Discuss about IPL at http://www.indiancricketfans.com/forums/forum/19-ipl-forum/
Austin 3:!6

India vs South Africa - 2nd Test match thread - 13th to 17th January 2018 - #IsBaarAfricaPeWaar

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't trust Gabbar. He is good with bat in ODI. But in Tests with crowded slips Morkel or Rabada would bounce him out.

Don't rate him overseas in tests but this is an Asian pitch. He could slay attack and completely take momentum. Main problem with our batting Is our openers are failing. We're the kind of team that needs a platform from top 3. 

How about swapping Che and Rohit? Remember before 2001 Calcutta both our no 3 and no 6 were struggling. Dada swapped the 2 and the rest is history. Ask Rohit to play his free flowing game at no 3 because no way is he scoring with his current methods. Besides by the time Che comes to bat hopefully they bowl Maharaj and Che is brilliant against spinners. 

My order will be

Patel

Vijay

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Che

Pandya

Ashwin

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

How about swapping Che and Rohit? Remember before 2001 Calcutta both our no 3 and no 6 were struggling. Dada swapped the 2 and the rest is history. Ask Rohit to play his free flowing game at no 3 because no way is he scoring with his current methods. Besides by the time Che comes to bat hopefully they bowl Maharaj and Che is brilliant against spinners. 

My order will be

Patel

Vijay

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Che

Pandya

Ashwin

You like us being something like 30-2 in 10? 

26 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

Open batting with patel pandya: in form guys, aggressive and know each other, local gujis. If we do vj Rahul it will all be too predicable. 60 - 5 etc 

I wish this was IPL match of Mumbai Indians. Parthiv and Pandya opening. They don't even open in IPL btw.

Edited by Straight Drive

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My order will be

Patel

Vijay

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Che

Pandya

Ashwin

Rohit has such an awful defensive technique. Both DRavid/Laxman could defend well when needed. Only thing they can do is push PP up the order and Rahul down the order.   I don't trust PP either against Vernon's accuracy. But this is the only option that i think might help us. Otherwise everyone should bat where they are batting now. Don't push Ashwin or Pandya unnecessarily. Both are our wild cards in the back end. They do their best in their usual positions.

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

My order will be

Patel

Vijay

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

Che

Pandya

Ashwin

Rohit should bat after Ishant who showed better technique.

17 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I wish this was IPL match of Mumbai Indians. Parthiv and Pandya opening. They don't even open in IPL btw.

It's quite simple. Asian pitch. Patel has opened before. Pandya one of our best batsmen on this tour. Or you can keep same order and be 50 - 3 like in every innings so far. Vj 20 off 45 and pujara 7 from 50. Kohli comes in with rohit for company and pandya/ashwin runs become irrelevant. We're going to lose, may as well try something to upset sa. Their bowlers are all over our top order who have no answers.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo

Just now, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

It's quite simple. Asian pitch. Patel has opened before. Pandya one of our best batsmen on this tour. Or you can keep same order and be 50 - 3 like in every innings so far. Vj 20 off 45 and pujara 7 from 50. Kohli comes in with rohit for company and pandya/ashwin runs become irrelevant. We're going to lose, may as well try something to upset sa. There bowlers are all over our top order who have no answers.

New ball will swing . It will swing more for Philander. All he has to do is keep bowling in the channel. These two will nick one eventually. You need to see off new ball. This is not white ball cricket.

Ashwin is just not comfortable bowling outside off stump line and that is where you get wickets overseas when pitch does not deteriorate much but enough foot marks outside off. whenever he goes outside of over the wicket, he serves half trackers and  half volleys. Until he works on that, he will never be a great spinner in my book.

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

New ball will swing . It will swing more for Philander. All he has to do is keep bowling in the channel. These two will nick one eventually. You need to see off new ball. This is not white ball cricket.

I'm aware of that. I watch a lot of cricket. Just I feel unless we upset rhythm we've lost anyway. Reality is our batting has been exposed by their bowling. Hardly any free balls and we also play some rash shots. Before we had tendu, dravid who were supported by laxman overseas. That quality is missing here. Or even the fear of an opener like viru can change a game overseas, plays on mind.

Pandya faced the new ball with kohli at the other side, he was being proactive and countering swing with feet movement. I agree it's a long shot but vj Rahul will be 40 - 2 in no time. Hope I'm wrong. 

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ashwin is just not comfortable bowling outside off stump line and that is where you get wickets overseas when pitch does not deteriorate much but enough foot marks outside off. whenever he goes outside of over the wicket, he serves half trackers and  half volleys. Until he works on that, he will never be a great spinner in my book.

He generated turn and bounce found edge numerous times. Either it fell short or we dropped. I suppose you didn't see the entire match.

1 minute ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

I'm aware of that. I watch a lot of cricket. Just I feel unless we upset rhythm we've lost anyway. Reality is our batting has been exposed by their bowling. Hardly any free balls and we also play some rash shots. Before we had tendu, dravid who were supported by laxman overseas. That quality is missing here. Or even the fear of an opener like viru can change a game overseas, plays on mind.

Pandya faced the new ball with kohli at the other side, he was being proactive and countering swing with feet movement. I agree it's a long shot but vj Rahul will be 40 - 2 in no time. Hope I'm wrong. 

I would not mind sacrificing Pappu. But Pandya has to bat at the best position. He is  a wild card. If he comes off he can help us do the improbable.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He generated turn and bounce found edge numerous times. Either it fell short or we dropped. I suppose you didn't see the entire match.

not from over the wickets to right handers. He mostly resorts to round the wicket to right handers.  and I did not say he is not a good spinner.

Just now, kira said:

Even philander is batting comfortably on this pitch and some people think we can't chase more than 250 here lol :laugh1:

The thing is we are not able to exploit the up and down nature of the pitch. Our bowlers bowl well in patches, They don't apply pressure form both ends. They don't create enough pressure with tight fielding.

Just now, rkt.india said:

not from over the wickets to right handers. He mostly resorts to round the wicket to right handers.  and I did not say he is not a good spinner.

He did that. You get disheartened when 4 or 5 catches are dropped of your bowling. Once Ash is among the wickets he is a different kind of beast.

Just now, Turning_track said:

Such an awful review from Kohli. It wasn't even close.  Didn't even discuss it with other players properly. 

Went with this own gut. He needs a lesson when to take a review or when not to. 

Which match are you watching, he asked bumrah whether there was any bat involved or not, bashing kohli for no reason now

1 minute ago, kira said:

Which match are you watching, he asked bumrah whether there was any bat involved or not, bashing kohli for no reason now

It hit middle of the bat, not even edge of the bat. Kindly listen to the commentary where even the commentators weren't pleased. 

Stop being so overprotective of the players. Kohli often takes reviews recklessly based on bowlers excitement & we lose a review. 

Just now, Turning_track said:

It hit middle of the bat, not even edge of the bat. Kindly listen to the commentary where even the commentators weren't pleased. 

Stop being so overprotective of the players. Kohli often takes reviews recklessly based on bowlers excitement & we lose a review. 

Abey to isme kohli ka kya dosh hai, you said kohli didn't consult any players but kohli consulted the player closest to the batsman i.e. bumrah, match to dekh pehle 

37 minutes ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

It's quite simple. Asian pitch. Patel has opened before. Pandya one of our best batsmen on this tour. Or you can keep same order and be 50 - 3 like in every innings so far. Vj 20 off 45 and pujara 7 from 50. Kohli comes in with rohit for company and pandya/ashwin runs become irrelevant. We're going to lose, may as well try something to upset sa. Their bowlers are all over our top order who have no answers.

No Sir. Very risky with two makeshift openers.

22 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I would not mind sacrificing Pappu. But Pandya has to bat at the best position. He is  a wild card. If he comes off he can help us do the improbable.

You're correct..we will be chasing 400 anyway it seems 

the problem with players like Rohit is that he is under some delusion that he can play himself in. past glories are just a few overs away, he can never be in with his technique. likes of Ashwin and Pandya understand their role it to put bat on ball. 

8 minutes ago, goose said:

the problem with players like Rohit is that he is under some delusion that he can play himself in. past glories are just a few overs away, he can never be in with his technique. likes of Ashwin and Pandya understand their role it to put bat on ball. 

absolutely. he is not technical master. he needs to score runs, no matter, no use standing there. Pujara we can understand as he has his limitation in stroke making. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

absolutely. he is not technical master. he needs to score runs, no matter, no use standing there. Pujara we can understand as he has his limitation in stroke making. 

attacking mindset frees the limbs to defend better too

Guest, sign in to access all features.