Is fielding the only thing that separates these 2 teams?

maniac

I personally think it is fielding followed by batting but based on the reactions to the first test people seem to think that there is not much of a difference between the 2 teams in batting and bowling.

So do you think it is fielding that is the difference? Or

there is not much to separate the sides? or

you think they are better in all 3 departments?

Or 

a specific department apart from fielding we are lagging behind on like keeper-bat,allrounder etc etc.

49 minutes ago, maniac said:

I personally think it is fielding followed by batting but based on the reactions to the first test people seem to think that there is not much of a difference between the 2 teams in batting and bowling.

So do you think it is fielding that is the difference? Or

there is not much to separate the sides? or

you think they are better in all 3 departments?

Or 

a specific department apart from fielding we are lagging behind on like keeper-bat,allrounder etc etc.

Better batsmen , equal on the bowling front 

Man to man we are better imo , their bowling is slightly better for these conditions ...but I just don't rate their batting here , the pitch in this match allowed them to get to a respectable total . If we get a similar pitch like first test , I can see us bowling them out for 2 sub 150 totals .
Agreed if we took our catches first test we could have won.We made some mind boggling tactical errors.

Looks like OP is right, don't see how they are better than us with bat or ball. OTOH they have taken stunners and dropped none. We have given them 9 extra lives already with possibly more to come. They also saved many runs on the field, we had too many misfields. 

1 minute ago, Sachinism said:

Been a major factor, along with discipline. Too much loose cricket from Indians, bowlers not being able to stitch together a bunch of good deliveries.

All boils down to catching. Dropped catches shatter the confidence of bowlers and make them lose their rhythm. 

Been a major factor, along with discipline. Too much loose cricket from Indians, bowlers not being able to stitch together a bunch of good deliveries.
Bowling has been Pretty good.No centuries from any Sa batsman.With out any practice they struggle in the first innings of the first test but after that they have been very good only if our Catching was good.