Controversial but are captains from the North usually a little biased?

maniac

Sample size might be less but from what I have heard Kapil used to be a little biased to by playing Chetan Sharma,Yograj Singh(even though Yograj disagrees)etc etc and ignoring bowling talent from the other parts of India.

Same was seen with a Dhoni who backed players who were close to him (even though I am ok with 2 players he backed :) )

Seeing the same trend with Kohli now.

I don’t think Ganguly,Azhar,Sachin,Dravid,Kumble or hell for the matter of fact Sunil Gavaskar were ever accused of showing bias on a regional basis.

This might be a little controversial and my intention is not to hurt anyone but it is just my personal observation.I can be wrong as well.

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Sample size might be less but from what I have heard Kapil used to be a little biased to by playing Chetan Sharma,Yograj Singh(even though Yograj disagrees)etc etc and ignoring bowling talent from the other parts of India.

Same was seen with a Dhoni who backed players who were close to him (even though I am ok with 2 players he backed :) )

Seeing the same trend with Kohli now.

I don’t think Ganguly,Azhar,Sachin,Dravid,Kumble or hell for the matter of fact Sunil Gavaskar were ever accused of showing bias on a regional basis.

This might be a little controversial and my intention is not to hurt anyone but it is just my personal observation.I can be wrong as well.

If ganguly isnt north how is dhoni north? :hmmm: 

4 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

If ganguly isnt north how is dhoni north? :hmmm: 

Seen India Map?....West Bengal is not North

Bihar usually  can fit in both North and East.depending on how you want to look at it.Jarkhand May be little towards east though

Anyways we are not arguing about geography of India.

Edited by maniac

Once again this is not to hurt the sentiments of anyone...Kapil,Dhoni and now unfortunately Kohli have had the reputation of being a little kliquish.this doesn’t reflect on an entire culture just the captains we have had from a cricketing culture POV.

Edited by maniac
10 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I thought the story with Yograj was that Kapil didn't support him enough. Only played one Test IIRC. Dhoni may have had his biases but I don't recall him sabotaging the careers of proven performers when they were in the prime. Kohli really is in a league of his own.

Yeah but that is just a bitter failure complaining and blaming others for his failures...he shouldn’t have been picked ahead of others to begin with...his complain is more like Kambli blaming Sachin for not supporting him.

Yuvraj has said he knew Kapil since childhood and Kapil and his dad were family friends.

Ask @express bowling and @Rightarmfast they had pointed out a lot of fast bowling talent that were not tried during that time period.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yeah but that is just a bitter failure complaining and blaming others for his failures...he shouldn’t have been picked ahead of others to begin with...his complain is more like Kambli blaming Sachin for not supporting him.

Yuvraj has said he knew Kapil since childhood and Kapil and his dad were family friends.

Ask @express bowling and @Rightarmfast they had pointed out a lot of fast bowling talent that were not tried during that time period.

I can accept some of the seamers may have flourished under a different captain during that time but what is happening right now is unparalleled (at least since the early to mid 90s). People who have already proven their worth in international cricket are being made to sit out for farcical reasons in favour of TTFs/has beens/never have beens. 

19 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Whenever Sachin became captain, Kambli used to come right back into the team.

Its true.

I don't recall Sachin dropping the likes of Dravid and Ganguly or even Laxman (who was largely poor in the 90s) to keep Kambli in the Test side. In fact I don't think Kambli ever got picked in a Test where Sachin was the captain. Our current captain on the other hand has dropped Pujara for Rohit/Raina and Vijay/Rahul for Dhawan in Tests :cantstop:.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I don't recall Sachin dropping the likes of Dravid and Ganguly or even Laxman (who was largely poor in the 90s) to keep Kambli in the Test side. In fact I don't think Kambli ever got picked in a Test where Sachin was the captain. Our current captain on the other hand has dropped Pujara for Rohit/Raina and Vijay/Rahul for Dhawan in Tests :cantstop:.

That doesn’t show any regionalism is what I said.

Kambli came back to the team regardless of the format.

Raina isn’t from Delhi.