PBN

India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

@rkt.india I hope you watched the video posted above. Because what  @Temujin Khaghan said was right. Anju did say that there are some nice quicks coming through, which I have anyways watched in women cricket.

Will comment when i see that. Because i heard was in quotes. Bishop said, usually Aussie Pacers were quicker than indians in all level but here its is opposite then Anjum says" yes, even in women's cricket."

Even logically, there is no woman Pacer quicker than Aussie pacers

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Will comment when i see that. Because i heard was in quotes. Bishop said, usually Aussie Pacers were quicker than indians in all level but here its is opposite then Anjum says" yes, even in women's cricket."

Even logically, there is no woman Pacer quicker than Aussie pacers

There's no logical thing here. It was about what she said. And she says clearly the same words temu mentioned.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They were standing side by side today and Nagarkori looked taller than Mavi.

Nobody can be sure of these things by watching on TV though..... unless one has been watching the player for many many matches.

Mavi is around 5'8-9", Nagarkoti 5'7-8'

These kids have good potential. They're still in the development stage so lots of room for improvement.

You can see where the speed comes from after watching their bowling actions esp that of nagarkoti. everything going forward, no extraneous side movements and superb follow through.

Mavi got some swing as well early on.

Porel, being the taller bowler, was able to extract decent bounce.

Edited by PBN

3 minutes ago, Texan said:

Mavi was getting good bounce from the wicket. Both of them have beautiful actions. They need to be fast-tracked into the A teams. The speed guns were probably overstating the numbers slightly though.

No speed overstating at all. Why people raise questions when Indian pacers do that. You are no different than those. Why none of the Aussies did that. Most of them bowled 125-130. One bowled around 135. You didn't even watch. Watch the replay. Keeper was standing 20-25 yards back to guys who are short.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No speed overstating at all. Why people raise questions when Indian pacers do that. You are no different than those. Why none of the Aussies did that. Most of them bowled 125-130. One bowled around 135. You didn't even watch. Watch the replay. Keeper was standing 20-25 yards back to guys who are short.

It is not "Indian pacer doing that". Read about speed guns and how different regions configure readings differently. There is no single standard and variance is quite a lot. Same bowlers bowling similar deliveries are clocked at different speeds in different regions. You need to educate yourself on how speeds are calculated and why they differ from region to region.

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

It is not "Indian pacer doing that". Read about speed guns and how different regions configure readings differently. There is no single standard and variance is quite a lot. Same bowlers bowling similar deliveries are clocked at different speeds in different regions. You need to educate yourself on how speeds are calculated and why they differ from region to region.

The Pakistani pacers, Md Amir especially, who in limited overs clocks 145, was clocking 135 the entire day in New Zealand. If anything, the speedguns are slower in that case.

if otherwise, in which case, Fergusson who is clocking in 150's is slower. And  Pakistani bowlers, all of them are actually bowling at a pace of 130 to a max pace of 132-133 the entire day. 

Doesn't really sound correct though. So, I think the speed gun is either slower, or absolutely correct.

I say fast track them to senior team with the overseas tour, they will have good outcomes off England and Australia. Otherwise they will be beaten by the Indian domestic system and become trundlers. 

25 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The Pakistani pacers, Md Amir especially, who in limited overs clocks 145, was clocking 135 the entire day in New Zealand. If anything, the speedguns are slower in that case.

if otherwise, in which case, Fergusson who is clocking in 150's is slower. And  Pakistani bowlers, all of them are actually bowling at a pace of 130 to a max pace of 132-133 the entire day. 

Doesn't really sound correct though. So, I think the speed gun is either slower, or absolutely correct.

It also varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. 149 is Mitchell Starc level fast. Are you saying that Nagarkotti is as fast as Starc? It didn't appear to me like he was that fast though he could be 140 level.

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

It also varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. 149 is Mitchell Starc level fast. Are you saying that Nagarkotti is as fast as Starc? It didn't appear to me like he was that fast though he could be 140 level.

Yeah, I am saying that exactly that he is Starc level fast. I am giving you your own example, speedguns from the same place. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Mavi was getting good bounce from the wicket. Both of them have beautiful actions. They need to be fast-tracked into the A teams. The speed guns were probably overstating the numbers slightly though.

But also it raise a question why then the Aussie bowlers were not read 135+ infact they were sub 130

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yeah, I am saying that exactly that he is Starc level fast. I am giving you your own example, speedguns from the same place. 

Great. Then you have found your next Starc. Then you must be saying that he is the fastest bowler in the World today. Correct? Get him in the Indian team right away. I don't think he is Starc level fast yet. He is a good potential though, so no reason to get so sensitive about "No he is the fastest bowler in the World today".

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

But also it raise a question why then the Aussie bowlers were not read 135+ infact they were sub 130

I haven't watched them bowl, but they could well be bowling much slower. These are Under-19s. Aussie bowlers generally pick up pace when they get to 23-25. In India, the reverse culture exists. Bowlers get slower as they play Ranjis.

LOL at so much sensitivity about speed gun ratings. Nobody even noticed that I mentioned that these are actually very good prospects and should be fast-tracked. Tells you many people here only care about what the speed gun rating says than actual bowlers who are capable of taking wickets.

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Great. Then you have found your next Starc. Then you must be saying that he is the fastest bowler in the World today. Correct? Get him in the Indian team right away. I don't think he is Starc level fast yet. He is a good potential though, so no reason to get so sensitive about "No he is the fastest bowler in the World today".

I have said nothing of the sort. Its you who just cant stand an Indian bowler bowling express. You said the speed gun is wrong, in which case the bowling speed of pakistani bowlers should correspond to that. But Pakistani bowlers are bowling slower. 

I have only proved you wrong by logic. If you can explain that, I will accept nagarkotti's pace was wrong. please prove your point logically! if not, then bugger off!

15 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I have said nothing of the sort. Its you who just cant stand an Indian bowler bowling express. You said the speed gun is wrong, in which case the bowling speed of pakistani bowlers should correspond to that. But Pakistani bowlers are bowling slower. 

I have only proved you wrong by logic. If you can explain that, I will accept nagarkotti's pace was wrong. please prove your point logically! if not, then bugger off!

This has been the routine business to downplay the performance of Indian pacers..nothing new..

1 hour ago, Texan said:

:hysterical::hysterical: yea like speed guns knew " ohh s**t its Indian bowler let's overstate it" :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

43 minutes ago, Texan said:

No. It doesn't vary much. Starc clocks 150 everywhere in every continent he had played. Same with Cummins and Rabada. They hit same Pace every where but Indian bowlers it suddenly varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. Why doesn't speeds of Starc, Cummins, Rabada vary broadcaster to broadcaster. Why didn't it vary for Aussie Pacers today Indian bowled 149 so it suddenly varied.

1 minute ago, chapetmarunga said:

i just cant believe that oz bowlers were bowling @ 125-135 kph while naga & mavi were bowling effortlessly > 140kph with no grunting ( like unadkat)

We have seen them doing that since Asia cup 2016 now. I saw Nagarkoti again SL in final and i knew this guy was quick even without speed guns. Mavi came in the scheme later when England toured India.

34 minutes ago, Texan said:

I haven't watched them bowl, but they could well be bowling much slower. These are Under-19s. Aussie bowlers generally pick up pace when they get to 23-25. In India, the reverse culture exists. Bowlers get slower as they play Ranjis.

Cummins bowled 150 at 17. Brett Lee clocking 148 at 18, hazelwood clocked 144 at 19. Billy stanlake clocked 150 at 21, Jhye Richardson clocking 147 at 21, Starc himself was clocking 144 at 21 in 2010. So, Aussie pacers too clock quick at young age. 

Had the speeds been wrong, Tom Moody and Ian Bishop would have commented. Anyway, Tom Moody specifically said that the fastest Aussie bowlers touches max 140 at times, however he was injured. The others were not quick, and of the pace speed guns registered them to be at.

50 minutes ago, Texan said:

Australians have generally bowled quicker than Indians at the U19 stage. That has been the case till 4 years back. 

They have also reached full pace at an earlier age than Indians, like Cummins bowling 140 k to 150 k at a very young age.

This is the first time I am seeing Indians bowling at this pace as a group in the U19 stage.

Also, we are seeing many Ranji pacers picking up speed these days as they play more ... like Saini, Sangwan, Shardul, Aniket C etc.

Edited by express bowling

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No. It doesn't vary much. Starc clocks 150 everywhere in every continent he had played. Same with Cummins and Rabada. They hit same Pace every where but Indian bowlers it suddenly varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. Why doesn't speeds of Starc, Cummins, Rabada vary broadcaster to broadcaster. Why didn't it vary for Aussie Pacers today Indian bowled 149 so it suddenly varied.

Even Praveen Kumar was clocked at 140k in IPL. He is not in any way capable to clocking those speeds. So we know that there is a variance. 

Just now, Texan said:

Lol at all the speed gun analysts and obsession with speed gun readings. I don't think you guys watch cricket to see a contest between bat and ball. Only obsession is to see speed gun digits. 

Even though I agree....atleast at a u-19 level skills can be thought but pace is 9 out of 10 times embedded...at a senior level your argument is perfect but at a junior level if someone has the pace it is exciting as skills is something you keep adding as you grow.

15 minutes ago, chapetmarunga said:

speed isnt everything. hopefully they learn to swing & swing it

Both does swing the ball. Mavi is new ball bowler. Nagarkoti is better at first change with slightly older ball. Both also got reverse today.

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Even Praveen Kumar was clocked at 140k in IPL. He is not in any way capable to clocking those speeds. So we know that there is a variance. 

All bowlers bowl slightly quicker in t20 once in a while. Even Vinay clocked 140. But those are one off stuff. It's  not like PK clocked 140 every time in IPL, no, just  one off. But difference is clocking 90 mph consistently and not one off balls. Nagarkoti's average pace was 144 today excluding slower balls. Was hitting 88-90 mph in England as well last year. So, it is not one off. 

49 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Ohh poor Rightarmfast. Yearning to see only Right arm fast mentioned against bowler with Indian team. Not cared about result of the match. Not cared about any actual "cricket". You guys are very much like the Pakistanis that only boast about "phassht" bowlers. By the way, speed guns vary from broadcaster to broadcaster and can very much show different values even from ground to ground. Do a little more reading on how they are calculated and you will see how much error margin there is in speed gun ratings. Problem with you is you don't even know or feign to not know how the machine calculates the speed and how much error margin exists. 

9 minutes ago, Texan said:

Lol at all the speed gun analysts and obsession with speed gun readings. I don't think you guys watch cricket to see a contest between bat and ball. Only obsession is to see speed gun digits. 

It's not about speed readings. Not just us, even commentators were in awe of these two bowlers. Genuine fast bowlers make cricket exciting. No one wants dibbly dobbly bowlers getting bored. Cricket will die slow death without such bowlers. No one come watch philander bowl. They come to watch Dale Steyn.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

All bowlers bowl slightly quicker in t20 once in a while. Even Vinay clocked 140. But those are one off stuff. It's  not like PK clocked 140 every time in IPL, no, just  one off. But difference is clocking 90 mph consistently and not one off balls. Nagarkoti's average pace was 144 today excluding slower balls. Was hitting 88-90 mph in England as well last year. So, it is not one off. 

Praveen is a bowler who clocks 115-125 usually. In T20s I can understand a 5-6 kph bump. But Praveen clocking 140 is an anomaly and can only be explained by inaccuracies in recording speed gun results. 

1 minute ago, Texan said:

Ohh poor Rightarmfast. Yearning to see only Right arm fast mentioned against bowler with Indian team. Not cared about result of the match. Not cared about any actual "cricket". You guys are very much like the Pakistanis that only boast about "phassht" bowlers. By the way, speed guns vary from broadcaster to broadcaster and can very much show different values even from ground to ground. Do a little more reading on how they are calculated and you will see how much error margin there is in speed gun ratings. Problem with you is you don't even know or feign to not know how the machine calculates the speed and how much error margin exists. 

So why does that error margin not exist for starc, Cummins, Rabada? Please explain. They clock same Pace every continent they play. Tbh, it's a sport and results can go anywhere, but what keeps game going is the talented players whether batsmen or bowlers. Fast bowlers are as important to the game as batsman. Genuine fast bowlers make the game exciting irrespective of the results. It's just a game. 

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Is that the best you got? Go home son, come back with something better. because u know what, you're just making a fool of yourself :)

2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Praveen is a bowler who clocks 115-125 usually. In T20s I can understand a 5-6 kph bump. But Praveen clocking 140 is an anomaly and can only be explained by inaccuracies in recording speed gun results. 

PK bowled 130 for India, not 115. Even up to 135 at times. 

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

Is that the best you got? Go home son, come back with something better. because u know what, you're just making a fool of yourself :)

You go and do some reading kid and educate yourself. Get a college degree too and a real job and stop flipping burgers :)