India u19 Pacers: Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Shivam Mavi, Ishan Porel

PBN

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

@rkt.india I hope you watched the video posted above. Because what  @Temujin Khaghan said was right. Anju did say that there are some nice quicks coming through, which I have anyways watched in women cricket.

Will comment when i see that. Because i heard was in quotes. Bishop said, usually Aussie Pacers were quicker than indians in all level but here its is opposite then Anjum says" yes, even in women's cricket."

Even logically, there is no woman Pacer quicker than Aussie pacers

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Will comment when i see that. Because i heard was in quotes. Bishop said, usually Aussie Pacers were quicker than indians in all level but here its is opposite then Anjum says" yes, even in women's cricket."

Even logically, there is no woman Pacer quicker than Aussie pacers

There's no logical thing here. It was about what she said. And she says clearly the same words temu mentioned.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They were standing side by side today and Nagarkori looked taller than Mavi.

Nobody can be sure of these things by watching on TV though..... unless one has been watching the player for many many matches.

Mavi is around 5'8-9", Nagarkoti 5'7-8'

These kids have good potential. They're still in the development stage so lots of room for improvement.

You can see where the speed comes from after watching their bowling actions esp that of nagarkoti. everything going forward, no extraneous side movements and superb follow through.

Mavi got some swing as well early on.

Porel, being the taller bowler, was able to extract decent bounce.

Edited by PBN
3 minutes ago, Texan said:

Mavi was getting good bounce from the wicket. Both of them have beautiful actions. They need to be fast-tracked into the A teams. The speed guns were probably overstating the numbers slightly though.

No speed overstating at all. Why people raise questions when Indian pacers do that. You are no different than those. Why none of the Aussies did that. Most of them bowled 125-130. One bowled around 135. You didn't even watch. Watch the replay. Keeper was standing 20-25 yards back to guys who are short.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No speed overstating at all. Why people raise questions when Indian pacers do that. You are no different than those. Why none of the Aussies did that. Most of them bowled 125-130. One bowled around 135. You didn't even watch. Watch the replay. Keeper was standing 20-25 yards back to guys who are short.

It is not "Indian pacer doing that". Read about speed guns and how different regions configure readings differently. There is no single standard and variance is quite a lot. Same bowlers bowling similar deliveries are clocked at different speeds in different regions. You need to educate yourself on how speeds are calculated and why they differ from region to region.

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

It is not "Indian pacer doing that". Read about speed guns and how different regions configure readings differently. There is no single standard and variance is quite a lot. Same bowlers bowling similar deliveries are clocked at different speeds in different regions. You need to educate yourself on how speeds are calculated and why they differ from region to region.

The Pakistani pacers, Md Amir especially, who in limited overs clocks 145, was clocking 135 the entire day in New Zealand. If anything, the speedguns are slower in that case.

if otherwise, in which case, Fergusson who is clocking in 150's is slower. And  Pakistani bowlers, all of them are actually bowling at a pace of 130 to a max pace of 132-133 the entire day. 

Doesn't really sound correct though. So, I think the speed gun is either slower, or absolutely correct.

25 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

The Pakistani pacers, Md Amir especially, who in limited overs clocks 145, was clocking 135 the entire day in New Zealand. If anything, the speedguns are slower in that case.

if otherwise, in which case, Fergusson who is clocking in 150's is slower. And  Pakistani bowlers, all of them are actually bowling at a pace of 130 to a max pace of 132-133 the entire day. 

Doesn't really sound correct though. So, I think the speed gun is either slower, or absolutely correct.

It also varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. 149 is Mitchell Starc level fast. Are you saying that Nagarkotti is as fast as Starc? It didn't appear to me like he was that fast though he could be 140 level.

6 minutes ago, Texan said:

It also varies from broadcaster to broadcaster. 149 is Mitchell Starc level fast. Are you saying that Nagarkotti is as fast as Starc? It didn't appear to me like he was that fast though he could be 140 level.

Yeah, I am saying that exactly that he is Starc level fast. I am giving you your own example, speedguns from the same place. 

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yeah, I am saying that exactly that he is Starc level fast. I am giving you your own example, speedguns from the same place. 

Great. Then you have found your next Starc. Then you must be saying that he is the fastest bowler in the World today. Correct? Get him in the Indian team right away. I don't think he is Starc level fast yet. He is a good potential though, so no reason to get so sensitive about "No he is the fastest bowler in the World today".

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

But also it raise a question why then the Aussie bowlers were not read 135+ infact they were sub 130

I haven't watched them bowl, but they could well be bowling much slower. These are Under-19s. Aussie bowlers generally pick up pace when they get to 23-25. In India, the reverse culture exists. Bowlers get slower as they play Ranjis.

LOL at so much sensitivity about speed gun ratings. Nobody even noticed that I mentioned that these are actually very good prospects and should be fast-tracked. Tells you many people here only care about what the speed gun rating says than actual bowlers who are capable of taking wickets.