Philander run-out - Poll

goose

Philander run-out - Parthiv or Pandya?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. For purposes of Goose's Player Predictor who should get the points for a run-out?

• Player that breaks the bails
    • Player in the outfield
    • Split the points

This question has come about because the rules stated we would take the name on the Cricinfo scorecard but they have stated 'Pandya/Patel'

What if a throw comes in from the outfield and a second player receives and executes a shorter throw at the stumps? Perhaps it should be the last the person to execute an actual throw i.e removing the bails with ball in hand does not count?

Does Cricinfo always credit two players with the run-out where two players are involved? If not then perhaps we should go with their judgement on this occasion and split the points.

Edited by goose

Thanks for there opinions but can you also vote. I will split the points for today but let's see what everyone thinks. Personally I think all points should go to the player that executed an actual throw. Pandya did not throw the ball, no skill required in removing bails with ball in hand, but then he did have have foresight to get into position so i can see both sides. 

Usually it is the player in the outfield as not only has he quickly grasped the situation, but also sent the ball in quickly at the speed to beat the batsman to enable the runout 

Same theory should apply when the ball is passed to the bowler who simply removes the bails 

But to make it simple to account for various situations, split the points or only award for direct hits

Edited by zen