Indian fast bowling factory

cric_fan

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

It pains me to make this thread :p ..but yea..such a thing now exists. Nagarkoti & Malvi are impressive. Gone are the days of churning out trundlers. So what has changed? Why are there all of a sudden fast bowlers coming through?

My belief is, in a way or 2, someone like Shoaib Akhtar has been the biggest factor. He created quite a buzz and a whole generation of youngsters grew up watching him and wanting to be like him. The next generation, which is the current one has taken things seriously and now we are getting bowlers who are bowling at a natural pace of 140+.

So, ideally its the Pakistani bowlers who have had the biggest influence on the current generation.

Edited by Rightarmfast
45 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

So it’s all down to Dhoni being booted out? Nonsense.

Booted out of captaincy.. Handed CT2017 to Pakistanis that's what he was trying to say.. He is hardcore sachin chamcha by the way..

Edited by Rasgulla

It pains me to make this thread :p ..but yea..such a thing now exists. Nagarkoti & Malvi are impressive. Gone are the days of churning out trundlers. So what has changed? Why are there all of a sudden fast bowlers coming through?

Bloody hell nearly choked on my coffee . Did you really just open this thread lol

Welll appreciation and understanding of fast bowlers has developed 

Since 2001 fast bowlers been coming . Now coming in floods . Culture is now there

Many reasons

1. Much improved economy of India. We have one of the highest GDPs in the world now.  This is leading to improved infrastructure and coaching.

2. The above point has also led to Indians becoming more confident and aggressive.... traits needed for bowling quick.

3.  Gym and fitness culture ..... pacers have become fitter, stronger and have more stamina.

4.  Srinath, Umesh and Aaron made young Indians beleive that Indians too can bowl fast for multiple years.

5. IPL .... gave young Indian cricketers access to international bowling coaches and fitness regimes.  They are rubbing shoulders with top international players, bowling to them and becoming more confident.

6. Regular use of speed guns .... young Indian pacers have a quantifiable target to achieve .... Bowling 140 k+.  Speed guns have also shown Indians that they can be as quick as anyone in the world and have given them self belief regarding generating high speeds.

7. Quite a few lively pitches in domestic cricket.

8. Captain Kohli likes his pacers to bowl quick .... and youngsters are seeing this.

9. Choosing players from all parts of India, including small towns and vilages. This is giving access to a much larger talent pool.

10.   All the above points have brought about fast bowling culture in India ..... and everyone wants to bowl fast and hit the deck hard.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Many reasons

1. Much improved economy of India. We have one of the highest GDPs in the world now.  This is leading to improved infrastructure and coaching.

2. The above point has also led to Indians becoming more confident and aggressive.... traits needed for bowling quick.

3.  Gym and fitness culture ..... pacers have become fitter, stronger and have more stamina.

4.  Srinath, Umesh and Aaron made young Indians beleive that Indians too can bowl fast for multiple years.

5. IPL .... gave young Indian cricketers access to international bowling coaches and fitness regimes.  They are running shoulders with top international players, bowling to them and becoming more confident.

6. Regular use of speed guns .... young Indian pacers have a quantifiable target to achieve .... Bowling 140 k+.  Speed guns have also shown Indians that they can be as quick as anyone in the world and have given them self belief regarding generating high speeds.

7. Quite a few lively pitches in domestic cricket.

8. Captain Kohli likes his pacers to bowl quick .... and youngsters are seeing this.

9.  All the above points have brought about fast bowling culture in India ..... and everyone wants to bowl fast and hit the deck hard.

Now that’s thorough lol 

agree with all points 

Every knows Dhonis fragile hands have retired from tests

Let me be honest. We truly learned it from you guys. You had multiple pacers and we would always admire you for that. Now with some emphasis and support based on population we are beginning to get results.

let us be frank we still do not have the height/weight adavntage that SA/Aus/England have. For them to bowl at high speed takes less effort. Our short bowlers have to exert more.

And irrespective of what we say we love Sohaib. He rocks.

Edited by Khota
51 minutes ago, Khota said:

Let me be honest. We truly learned it from you guys. You had multiple pacers and we would always admire you for that. Now with some emphasis and support based on population we are beginning to get results.

let us be frank we still do not have the height/weight adavntage that SA/Aus/England have. For them to bowl at high speed takes less effort. Our short bowlers have to exert more.

And irrespective of what we say we love Sohaib. He rocks.

I think this is the actual reason.