Mark my words - India U19 left arm seemer Arshdeep Singh will touch 150KMPH

Yantra

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

A tad quicker than 91mph. It was 146.9 which I think should be 91.2 or 91.3mph... Just saying.

and he was not even exerting. At this point, he lacks control with the new ball and is more of a first change bowler. I have noticed it since I am seeing him bowl from past 1-2 years.  They might call up Aditya Thakre since Porel might play more who is a proper tall 6 foot 4 new ball bowler, was on stand bye.  Will bowl same pace as Arshdeep.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and he was not even exerting. At this point, he lacks control with the new ball and is more of a first change bowler. I have noticed it since I am seeing him bowl from past 1-2 years.  They might call up Aditya Thakre since Porel might play more who is a proper tall 6 foot 4 new ball bowler, was on stand bye.  Will bowl same pace as Arshdeep.

So you reckon there are some more bowlers in the pipeline with the same pace or more than nagarkotti in the domestic circuit? 

2 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Arshdeep needs to put on some muscle, stat. Otherwise, he will be lost to the trundle brigade.  

He just needs to get his loading better. Mavi and Nagarkoti are not really muscular but they get the maximum out of their action. Both are very good technically. Arshdeep is lacking that efficiency from his bowling action.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He just needs to get his loading better. Mavi and Nagarkoti are not really muscular but they get the maximum out of their action. Both are very good technically. Arshdeep is lacking that efficiency from his bowling action.

Mavi and Nagarkoti are wiry but strong. Lean muscles. Arshdeep in comparison needs to get stronger.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Arshdeep doesnt have the fast twitch muscles and is not as good an athlete as Mavi or Nagarkotti. Arshdeep will not be a quick bowler ever. His action is all wrong too. 

He can be a 135-140 bowler, owing to his height. Not more.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

So you reckon there are some more bowlers in the pipeline with the same pace or more than nagarkotti in the domestic circuit? 

No. Nagarkoti is probably the quickest in the U19 stable then Mavi. All else are slower but still fine at this level. Likes of Darshan Nalkande and Vivekanand Tiwari

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Arshdeep doesnt have the fast twitch muscles and is not as good an athlete as Mavi or Nagarkotti. Arshdeep will not be a quick bowler ever. His action is all wrong too. 

He can be a 135-140 bowler, owing to his height. Not more.

you never know. he did hit 140 in the challenger trophy, so, i was a bit disappointed with the pace hit today. 

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Mavi and Nagarkoti (particularly him) are better athletes (fast twitch fibers and all that jazz). They can get away with certain things. 

Hell, if Nagarkoti hits the gym over the next year or 2, I wont be surprised if he is hitting 160. 

7 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Mavi and Nagarkoti (particularly him) are better athletes (fast twitch fibers and all that jazz). They can get away with certain things. 

Hell, if Nagarkoti hits the gym over the next year or 2, I wont be surprised if he is hitting 160. 

Yes, Nagarkoti is exceptional, a rare breed, both Mavi and him but Arshdeep too has potential. He was bowling quicker in U19 Challenger trophy

21 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you never know. he did hit 140 in the challenger trophy, so, i was a bit disappointed with the pace hit today. 

He can hit faster, but that will be more because of his muscles and height. He is not a naturally fast bowler. he looks more in the Tom Moody mould.

20 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Not just U19, in general. 

90 mph is very much a threshold at this point. Saw KM Asif hitting 90 mph in SMA trophy recently. not seen anyone hitting quicker than 149K that Nagarkoti hit against Aus. There are one-two more guys U17 who already look great 16 year old left armer Sushant Mishra from Jharkhand and 17 year old tall Kartik Tyagi from UP. I have posted videos of both here. also looking forward to MP U23 bowler Kuldeep Sen. He seems quite quick too. and this 16 year old boy Divyansh Joshi. He has started to concentrate on his bowling too now. Mainly a batsman but has some pace about him.

Edited by rkt.india
On 1/15/2018 at 11:43 PM, rkt.india said:

RKT, this is what I am saying both Nagarkoti and Arshdeep's maximum speed in challenger trophy was 140K, however Arshdeep looked more quicker probably because of his height and bounce he generates, Nagarkoti is bowling now 145+ in Newzealand with different speedgun, in the next match if Arshdeep ball more aggressive, put more effort he should ball lot faster 140+ atleast, may not reach 150K though, so my initial assessment may not be right probably got over exited seeing everyone touching 140+.

3 minutes ago, Yantra said:

RKT, this is what I am saying both Nagarkoti and Arshdeep's maximum speed in challenger trophy was 140K, however Arshdeep looked more quicker probably because of his height and bounce he generates, Nagarkoti is bowling now 145+ in Newzealand with different speedgun, in the next match if Arshdeep ball more aggressive, put more effort he should ball lot faster 140+ atleast, may not reach 150K though, so my initial assessment may not be right probably got over exited seeing everyone touching 140+.

Arshdeep is not a pacy bowler. he will not become fast. he will be fast medium though.

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Really liked his bowling . Only a kid . Good fitness regime and growth will put on pace 

main thing I liked was his actin and run up . Good accuracy and height . Real prospect 

but as for 150 no way lol he was bowling around 80 mph ,every chance could get to 85 to 88 . But 150 !!! Nope !

but kid is one to watch 

agree he has good lines and good bounce but definitely doesn't look like a potential 150kph bowler

Edited by mancalledsting