Sign in to follow this  
Khota

Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

KL Rahul will be kicked out. Kohli just doesn't want to build a nucleus. I thought Pujara/Rahane/M Vijay/Kohli would form a nucleus. Now no Rahane.

Rahul needs to be the part of this team. Vijay I am not so sure about.

Edited by Khota

14 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

in all likelihood Dhawan will be back for Joburg,let's see which opener picks up a niggle between tests

Healthy Vijay currently is a liability.

Dhawan will fail every where ,be it aus ,england,saf ,with Raul and vijay there's hope they'll succeed in some of these places with their past track record and better technique.gotta trust on them and give them regular chances

7 minutes ago, CG said:

Fact if the matter Sa is a hard place for visiting openers only 7 centuries have been scored by visiting openers.We needed Rahul/Dhawan to be look to play shots as with Vijay Pujara we have two grafters.

There is no more aggressive opener than Sehwag. He couldn't get away here with shot making as an opener.  Rabada world no.1 bowler, Philander ultimate South African tracks bully, Morkel with steep bounce it is not that easy to attack. Look how Kohli got out. He was in great frame of mind. Suddenly one ball nipped back and stayed a touch lower than anticipated.You need a bit of luck to bat well here. This is why i was pissed off that M Vijay threw his wicket away after doing all the hard yards. Only way you can force the issue here is by wearing them out. You need to be in exceptional form and you are blessed with skills like Kohli, ABDV, Smith to do play positively here without getting out.  This is why inclusion of Rahane was important. His pathetic show against Z grade team like Srilanka sealed India's fate in SA as well. Wish we never had that dumb series in the first place. It screwed up lot of plans.

1 minute ago, adi B said:

Punjabi? :giggle:

Wheteher I am a Punjabi or not what difference does it make. Show me one post where I have favored a player of one zone over the other. just one post.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Wheteher I am a Punjabi or not what difference does it make. Show me one post where I have favored a player of one zone over the other. just one post.

Not even rohit or dhawan will argue they are better test bats than vijay in overseas condition

7 minutes ago, adi B said:

Not even rohit or dhawan will argue they are better test bats than vijay in overseas condition

You know this exactly how? BTW Dhawan is not a Punjabi.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Doesn't matter. Right decision was made. Any player can fail but important thing is to selecting right players. 

My preference was dhawan and rahane to open. I think we got the two worst openers.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

That was totally left field....not because you brought Rahane out of nowhere because you didn’t say Karthik :giggle:

Karthick should play but not open. He will do real well. Frankly speaking I expected more from Rahul too. he will get better.

Edited by Khota

My preference was dhawan and rahane to open. I think we got the two worst openers.

Dhawan should have never started in the last test. Certified FTB in Tests. Anytime ball does something he just has no clue.  He failed always in such conditions.

Steyn to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge evades gully again. Length ball swinging in outside off, then pitches and shapes away. He's looking to drive on the rise and is done by the movement. Survives

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge but some control as he loosens the grip late. Length ball, wobbling just outside off. Prods at it and it runs past gully

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, edged and Dhawan threads the cordon. Fuller than a good length and slanting away outside off, he pokes with soft hands as the ball rolls away between third slip and gully

Nirav: "I think the key will be playing out the initial onslaught of pace bowling. Absence of Steyn will definitely play a big role in Faf's game plans.."

If you consider this "performed better"  then i can't help you.  Dhawan's runs were all streaky in the first test.  He was living dangerously in both innings.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Dhawan should have never started in the last test. Certified FTB in Tests. Anytime ball does something he just has no clue.  He failed always in such conditions.

Steyn to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge evades gully again. Length ball swinging in outside off, then pitches and shapes away. He's looking to drive on the rise and is done by the movement. Survives

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, outside edge but some control as he loosens the grip late. Length ball, wobbling just outside off. Prods at it and it runs past gully

Philander to Dhawan, FOUR, edged and Dhawan threads the cordon. Fuller than a good length and slanting away outside off, he pokes with soft hands as the ball rolls away between third slip and gully

Nirav: "I think the key will be playing out the initial onslaught of pace bowling. Absence of Steyn will definitely play a big role in Faf's game plans.."

If you consider this "performed better"  then i can't help you.  Dhawan's runs were all streaky in the first test.  He was living dangerously in both innings.

Maybe living dangerously but Vijay was dead in two tests now. First test the conditions were tough and no one did well but Dhawan had some control. 

vijay on the other hand is a serial failure.

Maybe living dangerously but Vijay was dead in two tests now. First test the conditions were tough and no one did well but Dhawan had some control. 

How is edging through slips mean "having some control" lol  How is Vijay serial failure. I just showed M Vijay  is one of the best INdian opener ever in overseas conditions.  Also showed Dhawan one of the worst overseas opener for India. You are clutching at straws.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

How is edging through slips mean "having some control" lol  How is Vijay serial failure. I just showed M Vijay  is one of the best INdian opener ever in overseas conditions.  Also showed Dhawan one of the worst overseas opener for India. You are clutching at straws.

He will ignore every single stat and throw childish tantrums.

Dhawan has much more than weakness on this tour. Just check how he got out on a seaming pitch. Didn't get out to seaming deliveries. He got out to bouncing deliveries. Imagine him on a pitch with Variable bounce. He would have done jack here.
Exactly look at how scared he looked when he got out to the bouncer of morkel, mark my words this tour was the easiest of the away tour, where we were facing an ageing Africa although in their backyard, things are going to be really tough from here on all the upcoming tours be it to England, newzealand and Australia will be equally difficult, hell I predict Australian tour to be the most horrendous tour ever, Coz we will be facing a young hungrier and angry Australia wanting revenge, some of the names will be smashed to oblivion,leaving mental scars on some of the guys.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You can keep on repeating that million times but if he has no runs to show for that means he has failed. That is not such a difficult concept.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

You can keep on repeating that million times but if he has no runs to show for that means he has failed. That is not such a difficult concept.

Yes. Ashwin , Pandya are  better than Kohli because they "outscored" Kohli in the last test.  Bhuvaneswar is better than Kohli in England because he outscored him. 

Dhawan and Hitman are FTBs who haven't performed and are unlikely to perform in these conditions.

Rahul, Vijay and Rahane have a better game for Tests overseas, but aren't doing that well either.

So choose who you want depending on your preference. 

My preference is to go with the guys who have a better game, ie Rahul, Vijay, Rahane.

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. Ashwin , Pandya are  better than Kohli because they "outscored" Kohli in the last test.  Bhuvaneswar is better than Kohli in England because he outscored him. 

You are special aren't you.

9 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Dhawan and Hitman are FTBs who haven't performed and are unlikely to perform in these conditions.

Rahul, Vijay and Rahane have a better game for Tests overseas, but aren't doing that well either.

So choose who you want depending on your preference. 

My preference is to go with the guys who have a better game, ie Rahul, Vijay, Rahane.

basedon the current form I will go with Dhaan/Rahane.

Dhawan is crap, but I have seen this vij was overrated by lcf posters especially csk fans, he lacks integrity, all these bullies are only good against teams like zim and SL, we are doomed we have only 2 batsman kohli and pandya, leave Rahul out from it, he is class  but not in the best of the form apparently but I am sure he ill come good in future.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Dhawan is crap, but I have seen this vij was overrated by lcf posters especially csk fans, he lacks integrity, all these bullies are only good against teams like zim and SL, we are doomed we have only 2 batsman kohli and pandya, leave Rahul out from it, he is class  but not in the best of the form apparently but I am sure he ill come good in future.

What did i just read. M Vijay was the only guy alongwith Rahane did well everywhere. Even Kohli failed in England.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

What did i just read. M Vijay was the only guy alongwith Rahane did well everywhere. Even Kohli failed in England.

I know that but still he doesn't give me any confidence against pace as kohli watch  what he is doing in sa currently :facepalm: 

Just now, speedheat said:

I know that but still he doesn't give me any confidence against pace as kohli watch  what he is doing in sa currently :facepalm: 

Did you see how many Philanders balls he left. He was probing in that channel.

@Khota You keep saying that Dhawan outscored Vijay in the 1st test and that is why he is better. But then Ashwin outscored all our batsmen in 2nd innings of 1st test and again outscored all but VK/Vijay this test. Then why the hate towards Ashwin? You say he should never play again in spite of his performance. He got 5 wickets in the match and 6 catches were dropped of his bowling, you say there are 3 spinners better than him and abuse him. Same with your drivel against Saha, he averages about equal to PP yet is a safer keeper, yet you seem to hate him. Do you have problems with cricketers of certain regions because it would appear so. You keep defending Delhi/Punjab/Haryana players while downplaying players from East and South. Tell me honestly is your problem with Saha/Ashwin/Vijay because of the region from where they belong or cricket reasons? Do you want players only from North and West and no representation from Bengal and South irrespective of ability. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

@Khota You keep saying that Dhawan outscored Vijay in the 1st test and that is why he is better. But then Ashwin outscored all our batsmen in 2nd innings of 1st test and again outscored all but VK/Vijay this test. Then why the hate towards Ashwin? You say he should never play again in spite of his performance. He got 5 wickets in the match and 6 catches were dropped of his bowling, you say there are 3 spinners better than him and abuse him. Same with your drivel against Saha, he averages about equal to PP yet is a safer keeper, yet you seem to hate him. Do you have problems with cricketers of certain regions because it would appear so. You keep defending Delhi/Punjab/Haryana players while downplaying players from East and South. Tell me honestly is your problem with Saha/Ashwin/Vijay because of the region from where they belong or cricket reasons? Do you want players only from North and West and no representation from Bengal and South irrespective of ability. 

He has penchant for mediocre cricketers lol I have seen fans defending players. But by far some of the dumbest defense i have seen only in this thread.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

lol what a post. :laugh:

Important thing about OP

1. He is from delhi.....ahem ahem dhawan

2. Time n again he has said he doesnt watch test cricket. Lekin baba gyaan denge test cricket pe

3. He says IPL stats are more relevant then test cricket. Bradman ki aatma isko kaan ke niche degi

4. He says its easy for t20 players to become good test player, rather opposite

5. before series he said dhawan n rohit wud do gr8. Dhawa dropped a catch and rohit to mashallah kya batting kr rha hia

6. He didnt consider pandya even useful

7. He wants rahane to open

8. His argument is dhawan 16 runs...........kya strong case hai hai. 

Yea we shud eat if take this thread seriously. 

5 hours ago, speedheat said:

Have u seen his knock in Brisbane or lords which proved so cruicial in winning the game or even Adelaide 2nd innings when he had a partnership with Kohli

Vijay is no gr8, but is good and has done well overseas. How mny of our batsman have done well overseas. LOve him or hate him he is ur best option currently

Vijay hasnt played a single test against Zimb

Vijay avgs 60 in Aus

40 in eng

Not bad at all 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Have u seen his knock in Brisbane or lords which proved so cruicial in winning the game or even Adelaide 2nd innings when he had a partnership with Kohli

Vijay is no gr8, but is good and has done well overseas. How mny of our batsman have done well overseas. LOve him or hate him he is ur best option currently

Vijay hasnt played a single test against Zimb

Vijay avgs 60 in Aus

40 in eng

Not bad at all 

I won't disagree with you, bolded part is exactly what i meant to say.

10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Important thing about OP

1. He is from delhi.....ahem ahem dhawan

2. Time n again he has said he doesnt watch test cricket. Lekin baba gyaan denge test cricket pe

3. He says IPL stats are more relevant then test cricket. Bradman ki aatma isko kaan ke niche degi

4. He says its easy for t20 players to become good test player, rather opposite

5. before series he said dhawan n rohit wud do gr8. Dhawa dropped a catch and rohit to mashallah kya batting kr rha hia

6. He didnt consider pandya even useful

7. He wants rahane to open

8. His argument is dhawan 16 runs...........kya strong case hai hai. 

Yea we shud eat if take this thread seriously. 

Good summarization. You can add this too . Since Parthiv Patel drops all those regulation catches, Saha would have dropped those dollies as well.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Nice one, except the bit in the last line about Bengal and South. I think he would not be able to tell someone from Odisha/Assam from a Bengali. This is a general hate for anyone not from North/West zone.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shami has outscored Rahul, he shud bat ahead of Rahul,pujara next game- Khota logic

Like I mentioned before you are a very gifted stupid. You dont have to try hard to come up with crap posts so keep it up. 

12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

All his claims are  outrageously imaginary be it is "everyone including gilchrist will drop all the catches dropped by parthiv" "Dhawan would have score mountains of runs in all the tests he misses out overseas"

We need proof to say Saha would have caught those catches but no proof needed to assume Dhawan would have scored runs.

1 minute ago, beetle said:

We need proof to say Saha would have caught those catches but no proof needed to assume Dhawan would have scored runs.

He knows he is losing it badly. He will come up with a ridiculous response.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

As a minimum you should apologize. For six month I am the only one on this forum who has been shouting from the rooftop to get Dinesh Karthick in the team. The only one on this forum. I have seen him play and I know he can deliver. Is Karthick from north? I look at the value and say it.

I was also very critical of Ashwin selection in CT because he was never match fit. he was the worst spinner in CT.

I was very critical of firing of Kumble. is he from north?

I have always mentioned that Rahul should be part of team India. Is he from North?

I have always mentioned that Ganguly was the best captain and still want saha out. Does that make it anti bengal view.

I always mentioned VVS Laxman in the history of cricket has the best knock. Is he from North?

In caste I am closest to Kohli and no one on this forum has been more critical of him having all three captaicy than I am. I always wanted three format three captains and he is my caste. I want to dilute his power for the good of Indian cricket.

I think you are closet racist and look at things from zonal viewpoint. Those kind of views have no place on this forum. I respect everyone on this forum and it is never personal for me. 

The aim is to put the five best bats and the five best bowlers on the field. If rahane is not playing we dont have the five best bats on the field.

Let us continue discussing in friendly terms.

8 minutes ago, beetle said:

Dhawan gave you the proof. He scored more runs in the first innings.

10 hours ago, Khota said:

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Like I mentioned before you are a very gifted stupid. You dont have to try hard to come up with crap posts so keep it up. 

UR question shud be served with ur replies only, kya suit krta hai tumhare question pe tumhara hi reply