Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Looking at how they handled bouncers, Shami looked better lol Dhawan got out to regulation bouncers. Lungi would have owned him left right center. I am still waiting for proof that he would have done well. There is zero evidence. No past records that we can speak of.  Even his short stay was painful to watch. 

What more proof do you want. He ouscored your boy. If that is not good enough for you there would be nothing good enough for you. I hope they let him play one more tests and when he outscore Vijay peope like you would be still making excusues. You will never run out of excuses for non performers. 

The only way to end this discussion is for Vijay to outscore Dhawan. Not happening.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

What more proof do you want. He ouscored your boy. If that is not good enough for you there would be nothing good enough for you. I hope they let him play one more tests and when he outscore Vijay peope like you would be still making excusues. You will never run out of excuses for non performers. 

The only way to end this discussion is for Vijay to outscore Dhawan. Not happening.

Players are treated as a sum lol Dhawan dropped Maharaja very early which allowed SA to pile up 100 runs more. As a sum Vijay outscored him by more than 50 runs . Your boy scored -70 odd in the last test.  Given the way he got out in both the innings Kohli dropped his own buddy. On a seaming track if you get out to seaming balls i would agree. He got out to bouncing ball lol. That is ptahetic. He couldn't play swing, seam, bounce anything.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Players are treated as a sum lol Dhawan dropped Maharaja very early which allowed SA to pile up 100 runs more. As a sum Vijay outscored him by more than 50 runs . Your boy scored -70 odd in the last test.  Given the way he got out in both the innings Kohli dropped his own buddy. On a seaming track if you get out to seaming balls i would agree. He got out to bouncing ball lol. That is ptahetic. He couldn't play swing, seam, bounce anything.

I have never seen anyone look at playres as you are doing now. It does not fit your narrative so you change as you move along. If that is the case then cricket needs to keep errors as baseball does otherwise they need to start retroactively deducting runs.

Once again getting back to runs scored if he was so pathetic how did he score more runs than the pathetic Vijay. Kohli under pressure dropped him because it is people like you who insist that certain plyers need to be in the team. Merit should be the only criteria but that will not suit you. 

Let your boy score more runs so that his spot is not debated. Else you are firing blanks.

Edited by Khota
7 minutes ago, Khota said:

I have never seen anyone look at playres as you are doing now. It does not fit your narrative so you change as you move along. If that is the case then cricket needs to keep errors as baseball does otherwise they need to start retroactively deducting runs.

Once again getting back to runs scored if he was so pathetic how did he score more runs than the pathetic Vijay. Kohli under pressure dropped him because it is people like you who insist that certain plyers need to be in the team. Merit should be the only criteria but that will not suit you. 

Let your boy score more runs so that his spot is not debated. Else you are firing blanks.

Because your argument of he scored 10 runs more so he is better is absolutely ridiculous. There were several occasions some random tailender outscoring an ace middle order batsman. You cannot use that to say "tailender is better'. When you come up with such a ludicrous argument we have to drill into your head why Dhawan is such colossal failure. "outscore" "outscore" lol This retarded argument even Dhawan will laugh at.  Even Kohli knows M Vijay is million times more useful overseas than Dhawan. Dhawan is a lottery player who would do well in one dayers with field restrictions, bowling restrictions. But in Tests with crowded slips and a short square leg is a sitting duck. That is why his total average is only 22 overseas. Vijay's average is 40. Not only that . He saw off new ball efficiently numerous times. Dhawan after edging his way to 12 or 14 would get out. Ball would still be new. Middle order gets exposed.  So he is a totally useless batsman in these conditions. Suitable only for Asian conditions

6 hours ago, Khota said:

There is something called having a good current form. Dhawan has the hot hand right now. Once again side by side if given opportunity Dhawan will outperform Vijay.

Current form by what smashing a minnow

Look at rohit sharma smashed a minnow came here and wahi purani kahani 

2013 rohit smashed 200 went to Sa - fail

2013 dhawan was in prime form went to SA- fail

2014 rohit smashed another 200 went to Aus- fail

2014 dhawan was in form went to Aus- fail 

Making runs on patta is diff then making runs on Sa difficult tracks which requires skill which is lacked by these 2 gentlemen no wonder ashwin avg higher then them . 

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Because your argument of he scored 10 runs more so he is better is absolutely ridiculous. There were several occasions some random tailender outscoring an ace middle order batsman. You cannot use that to say "tailender is better'. When you come up with such a ludicrous argument we have to drill into your head why Dhawan is such colossal failure. "outscore" "outscore" lol This retarded argument even Dhawan will laugh at.  Even Kohli knows M Vijay is million times more useful overseas than Dhawan. Dhawan is a lottery player who would do well in one dayers with field restrictions, bowling restrictions. But in Tests with crowded slips and a short square leg is a sitting duck. That is why his total average is only 22 overseas. Vijay's average is 40. Not only that . He saw off new ball efficiently numerous times. Dhawan after edging his way to 12 or 14 would get out. Ball would still be new. Middle order gets exposed.  So he is a totally useless batsman in these conditions. Suitable only for Asian conditions

He score more than 10.

You keep on giving flawed arguments. tailenders mostly get old balls and tired bowlers. When you come as a tailender there is a factor of fatigue so absolutely those runs are not same as those of openers.

I am glad you know what goes inside Kohlis head because I clearly could not figure out what he doing when he picked tow guys below Dhawan and promoted them.

Old averages do not count. Current means present.

Your last senstence is the exact reason why we are two down because of Vijay.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Current form by what smashing a minnow

Look at rohit sharma smashed a minnow came here and wahi purani kahani 

2013 rohit smashed 200 went to Sa - fail

2013 dhawan was in prime form went to SA- fail

2014 rohit smashed another 200 went to Aus- fail

2014 dhawan was in form went to Aus- fail 

Making runs on patta is diff then making runs on Sa difficult tracks which requires skill which is lacked by these 2 gentlemen no wonder ashwin avg higher then them . 

We can start a new thread about Rohit. I do not understand your problem with Rohit. He is the top 5 batsman in India. When all is said and done the total runs in SA will reveal that. Look at Rohit objectively without your personal preference.

36 minutes ago, Khota said:

He score more than 10.

You keep on giving flawed arguments. tailenders mostly get old balls and tired bowlers. When you come as a tailender there is a factor of fatigue so absolutely those runs are not same as those of openers.

I am glad you know what goes inside Kohlis head because I clearly could not figure out what he doing when he picked tow guys below Dhawan and promoted them.

Old averages do not count. Current means present.

Your last senstence is the exact reason why we are two down because of Vijay.

He scored 36 runs and faced 25 less number of balls than M Vijay.  Vijay made 15 runs. Your main job in these parts is seeing off new ball. He couldn't even face that many balls. Scoring 15 runs more and facing 25 balls less is pretty much useless for team. Even the runs he scored was streaky. How the heck you justify this crap with crap argument

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

We can start a new thread about Rohit. I do not understand your problem with Rohit. He is the top 5 batsman in India. When all is said and done the total runs in SA will reveal that. Look at Rohit objectively without your personal preference.

I have no issues with anyone, neither is my cousion . Dhawan rohit will be my fixed names in ODi after kohli in test not even on bench. U think m crazy like kohli that ill play guys who avg below 30 overseas and batsman whose avg are beaten by tail enders

M looking at it objectively why shud i play a guy avg 23 overseas in SA

BOrnJ8n.png

HE is top 5 batsman in ODi n t20, in test he is no way in top 6 even .......

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have no issues with anyone, neither is my cousion . Dhawan rohit will be my fixed names in ODi after kohli in test not even on bench. U think m crazy like kohli that ill play guys who avg below 30 overseas and batsman whose avg are beaten by tail enders

M looking at it objectively why shud i play a guy avg 23 overseas in SA

BOrnJ8n.png

HE is top 5 batsman in ODi n t20, in test he is no way in top 6 even .......

If you honestly dont have any issues with Rohit then we can continue this diiscussion.

He is indeed the top 5 now that is currently. Dont look at the previous averages and old stats. This is the current Rohit we are talking about. He is in touch, and is seeing the ball really well. Go look at the current stats for this tour and comeback and tell us all that he is not top 5. I will listen to you.

I have no idea why Rohit gets such a bad rap on this forum. Instead of appreciating him people ridicule him. The current Rohit can walk into any batting line up in the world. If he does bad I would be the first one to critisize him but currently he is my go to guy. Great player.

Edited by Khota
4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He scored 36 runs and faced 25 less number of balls than M Vijay.  Vijay made 15 runs. Your main job in these parts is seeing off new ball. He couldn't even face that many balls. Scoring 15 runs more and facing 25 balls less is pretty much useless for team. Even the runs he scored was streaky. How the heck you justify this crap with crap argument

So in short Vijay scored less but faced few more balls. Your main job is to score runs and see the ball off just not seeing the ball off. Now if the criteria is to have a batsman just not score for two days and see the ball off I will look for a adequate replacement. Currently Dhawan is a better option. It will not register with you but maybe later on. I have a gut feeling if Dhawan playes the next game guess who will score more. Can you confidently say your boy will score more? I can.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

If you honestly dont have any issues with Rohit then we can continue this diiscussion.

He is indeed the top 5 now that is currently. Dont look at the previous averages and old stats. This is the current Rohit we are talking about. He is in touch, and is seeing the ball really well. Go look at the current stats for this tour and comeback and tell us all that he is not top 5. I will listen to you.

I have no idea why Rohit gets such a bad rap on this forum. Instead of appreciating him people ridicule him. The current Rohit can walk into any batting line up in the world. If he does bad I would be the first one to critisize him but currently he is my go to guy. Great player.

current stats

Ashwin n pandya has more runs then him. 

He is avg 19.5 in this series....ru kidding me . Ur calling stats of 19.5 good ........thats not even good in t20

What in touch havent ur read he was always in touch before going overseas and then boom everything gets exposed

No he will not be kept in any lineup ......whole world knows his technical weekness. Recently dean jones wrote and article 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/rohits-defensive-skills-letting-him-down-in-tests-dean-jones/articleshow/62553083.cms

No he is not..... in top 5

Kohli, rahane, rahul, pujara, vijay and heck even dhawan are better test batsman then rohit. They all have overseas 100......rohit has no 100 overseas

He is 2nd best batsman in t20 n odi but test his career wud be done soon

Everybody bajaoes him coz they watch test cricket , unlike u who watches t20 and comments on test cricket. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

current stats

Ashwin n pandya has more runs then him. 

He is avg 19.5 in this series....ru kidding me . Ur calling stats of 19.5 good ........thats not even good in t20

What in touch havent ur read he was always in touch before going overseas and then boom everything gets exposed

No he will not be kept in any lineup ......whole world knows his technical weekness. Recently dean jones wrote and article 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/rohits-defensive-skills-letting-him-down-in-tests-dean-jones/articleshow/62553083.cms

No he is not..... in top 5

Kohli, rahane, rahul, pujara, vijay and heck even dhawan are better test batsman then rohit. They all have overseas 100......rohit has no 100 overseas

He is 2nd best batsman in t20 n odi but test his career wud be done soon

Everybody bajaoes him coz they watch test cricket , unlike u who watches t20 and comments on test cricket. 

I think you are confusing current with previous.

Here are the runs scored so far by batsman: Rohit is in top 5. What happened before is called history for a reason.

Most runs
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
AB de Villiers (SA) 2 4 0 200 80 50.00 303 66.00 0 2 0 25 2
V Kohli (INDIA) 2 4 0 191 153 47.75 290 65.86 1 0 0 20 0
F du Plessis (SA) 2 4 0 173 63 43.25 392 44.13 0 2 1 25 0
AK Markram (SA) 2 4 0 134 94 33.50 212 63.20 0 1 0 23 0
D Elgar (SA) 2 4 0 117 61 29.25 261 44.82 0 1 1 16 1
HH Pandya (INDIA) 2 4 0 115 93 28.75 157 73.24 0 1 0 16 1
HM Amla (SA) 2 4 0 90 82 22.50 188 47.87 0 1 0 15 0
R Ashwin (INDIA) 2 4 0 90 38 22.50 144 62.50 0 0 0 14 0
RG Sharma (INDIA) 2 4 0 78 47 19.50 190 41.05 0 0 0 9 1
KA Maharaj (SA) 2 4 0 74 35 18.50 130 56.92 0 0 0 9 1
M Vijay (INDIA) 2 4 0 69 46 17.25 200 34.50 0 0 0 9

7 hours ago, Khota said:

I think you are confusing current with previous.

Here are the runs scored so far by batsman: Rohit is in top 5. What happened before is called history for a reason.

Most runs
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
AB de Villiers (SA) 2 4 0 200 80 50.00 303 66.00 0 2 0 25 2
V Kohli (INDIA) 2 4 0 191 153 47.75 290 65.86 1 0 0 20 0
F du Plessis (SA) 2 4 0 173 63 43.25 392 44.13 0 2 1 25 0
AK Markram (SA) 2 4 0 134 94 33.50 212 63.20 0 1 0 23 0
D Elgar (SA) 2 4 0 117 61 29.25 261 44.82 0 1 1 16 1
HH Pandya (INDIA) 2 4 0 115 93 28.75 157 73.24 0 1 0 16 1
HM Amla (SA) 2 4 0 90 82 22.50 188 47.87 0 1 0 15 0
R Ashwin (INDIA) 2 4 0 90 38 22.50 144 62.50 0 0 0 14 0
RG Sharma (INDIA) 2 4 0 78 47 19.50 190 41.05 0 0 0 9 1
KA Maharaj (SA) 2 4 0 74 35 18.50 130 56.92 0 0 0 9 1
M Vijay (INDIA) 2 4 0 69 46 17.25 200 34.50 0 0 0 9

Kahawat suni hai Andho men Kanna raja

History is meant to be taken a lesson from and what has changed . He failed last time and so has this time. 

Last time he avg 11 now he avg 19............ohh boy what an improvement 

Had bhuvi played last game, chances are he wud have been higher and his avg is still higher this series. HE also made runs on tough pitches. 

Have u seen anyone selecting a team with 1-2 game samples. By this logic no team will ever build. Even chappell didnt make such radical changes 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kahawat suni hai Andho men Kanna raja

History is meant to be taken a lesson from and what has changed . He failed last time and so has this time. 

Last time he avg 11 now he avg 19............ohh boy what an improvement 

Had bhuvi played last game, chances are he wud have been higher and his avg is still higher this series. HE also made runs on tough pitches. 

Have u seen anyone selecting a team with 1-2 game samples. By this logic no team will ever build. Even chappell didnt make such radical changes 

Bottom line he is top 5. He will be top 5 after the next test. I have confidence to back that. Do you?

37 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I have confidence that he ll never be a good test player specially if there is a bit of grass on pitch. Sooner or later it ll be curtains on his test career 

You are good at evading. Let me put you in a spot. Can you name 4 batsman who will score higher than him in the next test? Show some faith and name 4 who are better.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

You are good at evading. Let me put you in a spot. Can you name 4 batsman who will score higher than him in the next test? Show some faith and name 4 who are better.

only idiots deal in one test match predictions. 

U see unlike u have seen test cricket for years and i knw a few test is a bad sample . I hve tailender outscore in games over main players. I hve seen sometimes avg having a day for scoring more

But no one is regd as legend for having 1 good day or 2-3 good games

U think ill stoop to that stupidity level were kohli scores 15 and rohit 19 and ill say oh rohit is a better test batsman...........

Just wait , rohit career as test batsman wudnt last long. Wait for a while . Even dhawan 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

only idiots deal in one test match predictions. 

U see unlike u have seen test cricket for years and i knw a few test is a bad sample . I hve tailender outscore in games over main players. I hve seen sometimes avg having a day for scoring more

But no one is regd as legend for having 1 good day or 2-3 good games

U think ill stoop to that stupidity level were kohli scores 15 and rohit 19 and ill say oh rohit is a better test batsman...........

Just wait , rohit career as test batsman wudnt last long. Wait for a while . Even dhawan 

I am beginning to think you dont like me.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am beginning to think you dont like me.

I envy ur confidence, i wish i had that while saying something which m quite clueless about. 

But I think i shudnt say that our very captain is thinking like that . Atleast he plays test cricket, atleast i can give u the benefit of doubt that u dnt watch test cricket