why can't rahane open the batting in test matches?

speedheat

Ajinkya rahane has everything which dhawan don't, when hack like dhawan can open the batting for us why can't rahane??

a rock solid defense shot, can judge the length of the ball with utmost precision,

insightful talent when it boils down to discipline and professionalism, calm,focused,introvert,gentleman and steady like an impregnable fortress, rahane is an ideal for opening slot in test matches that's what I feel, he do open the batting in Odis but struggles to maintain his strike rate but that's not the issue in testmatches, he also struggles against spinners in middle order but is quite comfortable against pacers, so guys whay can't he be the option?

Edited by speedheat
Just now, speedheat said:

Ajinkya rahane has everything which dhawan don't, when hack like dhawan can open the batting for us why can't rahane??

a rock solid defense shot, can judge the length of the ball with utmost precision,

insightful talent when it boils down to discipline and professionalism, calm,focused,introvert,gentleman and steady like an impregnable fortress, rahane is an ideal for opening slot in test matches that's what I feel, he do open the batting in Odis but struggles to maintain his strike rate but that's not the issue in testmatches, he also struggles against spinners in middle order but is quite comfortable against pacers, so guys what can't he be the option?

Bro u have started to think like @Khota

Its time to take a break. Test cricket men opening mazak nhin hai. Har koi sehwag jaisi budhi wala nhin hota.

Rahane is suited for 3, opening is to much

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

insightful talent when it boils down to discipline and professionalism, calm,focused,introvert,gentleman and steady like an impregnable fortress, rahane is an ideal for opening slot in test matches that's what I feel, he do open the batting in Odis but struggles to maintain his strike rate but that's not the issue in testmatches, he also struggles against spinners in middle order but is quite comfortable against pacers, so guys what can't he be the option?

Rahane would get into any cricket team in world atm except India even in current form.

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

The secrets of opening the batting in test matches right there. Think we have cracked it boys. 

Edited by WeStMiDz
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Bro u have started to think like @Khota

Its time to take a break. Test cricket men opening mazak nhin hai. Har koi sehwag jaisi budhi wala nhin hota.

Rahane is suited for 3, opening is to much

But see I have made my points specifically clear about his technique, he do have it, when hack like dhawan can do it why can't he??? give me at least 3 point or flaws that he won't be successful

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

But see I have made my points specifically clear about his technique, he do have it, when hack like dhawan can do it why can't he??? give me at least 3 point or flaws that he won't be successful

many have had the technique n temperament 

Its require a completely diff game plan which is developed over the years. Rahane has been loose on many occasions .

I think he ll do good at 3, opening is not the right place for him

Just now, speedheat said:

And in in sc?? also why do you think he can't open ?? Is it mental toughness?? I think he has every other thing as listed in op to be a successful test opener.

I think he was an opener when he started so good option as well...but in SC opening is not a problem...Vijay Rahul Dhawan can all kill it there....overseas No.3 is a bigger problem than opening because Vijay has scored runs and Rahul should be given an extended run,so Rahane’s best use is at 3 because Pujara has been failing in that slot.

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rahane should be no.3 overseas 

This thought reminded me of a day, not overseas, but a day in cricketing heaven when a graceful artist who traditionally batted #5 or #6 was sent up to #3 moving the normal #3 guy who was a bit out-of-form to #6.  Next thing you know?  657/7 declared and folklore!

Edited by Brainfade
46 minutes ago, speedheat said:

But will struggle at num.5 against spin 

It is very tricky. In overseas matches we don't see that much spin so being at no 5 won't be an issue, remember how well he batted in the 2013-15 overseas tests. In India Che-Kohli are 3-4 so he can either open or bat at no 5. In general it is better to have steady set of openers, so Rahane should play at 5 or get dropped if he isn't going to improve against spin. In India if he opens don't be surprised if Lyon/Santner/Maharaj open with the brand new cherry and spinners with new ball do well on many Indian pitches....Rahane will have no respite from spin no matter where he bats in India.