If Pandya makes silly mistakes don't compare him with me: Kapil Dev

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-south-africa/if-pandya-makes-silly-mistakes-dont-compare-him-with-me-kapil-dev/articleshow/62544102.cms

NEW DELHI: India's legendary allrounder Kapil Dev on Wednesday said Hardik Pandya does not deserve to be compared with him if he keeps making silly mistakes like he did in the second Test against South Africa.

Pandya is often considered as India's best all-rounder since the days of the legendary Dev. Dev criticised Pandya's batting performance in the second Test against South Africa in Centurion.

"If Pandya keeps making silly mistakes like these then he doesn't deserve to be compared with me," Dev told 'ABP' news.

But he was also dropped once  (only time he missed a test) in his playing days for playing a rash shot to get out and India lost a home series because of that!

I have watched kapil upclose. This man would beat Zaheer on every other delivery. He was absolutely the best and it is difficult to replicate him.

Like I said before "All rounders are like unicorn they do not exist"

I hope Pandya proves me wrong. He looks like the best athlete on Indian team.

These superstars need to be called out. Most of our commentators and reporters are paid chamchas of BCCI. Do match mai acche khel liye, it goes to their head. I have no problems with Kapil calling them out. This generation of cricketers is the most pampered one. Earlier time one loss and players would face the ire of fans and media. Now no one can even question them. Someone needs to show them the mirror