Team for 3rd test

Because this is a dead rubber, I would recommend Team Ind to plan ahead and use this game to prepare for ODIs. So the team should be:

• Dhawan
  • Vijay / Rahul / Pujara (not in ODI squad)
  • Karthik 
  • Kohli
  • Rahane
  • Rohit
  • Pandya
  • Ashwin (not in ODI squad) 
  • Bhuvi
  • Shami 
  • Bumrah 

However, master strategists Kohli and Shastri, after making so many selection errors would finally go with a proper test 11 (one they should have ideally played in the first two tests) in a dead rubber citing every game is important and trying to bolt the stables after the horses are gone. When the best way to salvage the tour now is to do extremely well in LOIs (win)

Edited by zen

1. Rahul

2. Vijay

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6.. Pandya

7  Saha /   Parthiv ( only if Saha is still injured )  

8. Ashwin

9. Bhuvi

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

--  This was my preferred team for the whole series before the series started ... we need to move to this team for the following overseas tests too .... just get this team ready.

--  Get Navdeep Saini and Prithvi Shaw ready for tests after this series is over.  Saini combines pace with accuracy and stamina ... Shaw can play the moving ball which will be needed in England..

Edited by express bowling

Here is one thing i wanna try Play rahane at 3 and shift pujara at 5

Pujara plays spin well and rahane is good against pacers. Pujara overseas woes are still on so why not try something diff. Rahane is a stroke player and can score swiftly as compare to pujara who goes in shell. 

May be pujara at 5 and pandya at 6 can help each as one can hold end and other can score quickly. 

I want pujara to succeed as we are only left with 4 batsman who can do well overseas so some thing has to be tried to have atleast 5.

If this work it can actually make team better 

Something diff has to be tried but within a limited framework

IF we did that for rohit why not pujara and rahane

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

--  This was my preferred team for the whole series before the series started ... we need to move to this team for the following overseas tests too .... just get this team ready.

--  Get Navdeep Saini and Prithvi Shaw ready for tests after this series is over.  Saini combines pace with accuracy and stamina ... Shaw can play the moving ball which will be needed in England..

The problem lies in middle order to, we need 2 new batsman for middle to 

Nair wud be my one of the picks 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Here is one thing i wanna try Play rahane at 3 and shift pujara at 5

Pujara plays spin well and rahane is good against pacers. Pujara overseas woes are still on so why not try something diff. Rahane is a stroke player and can score swiftly as compare to pujara who goes in shell. 

May be pujara at 5 and pandya at 6 can help each as one can hold end and other can score quickly. 

I want pujara to succeed as we are only left with 4 batsman who can do well overseas so some thing has to be tried to have atleast 5.

If this work it can actually make team better 

Something diff has to be tried but within a limited framework

IF we did that for rohit why not pujara and rahane

The problem lies in middle order to, we need 2 new batsman for middle to 

Nair wud be my one of the picks 

Better idea is to try Pujara as opener. Could solve two problems in one go.