Series results in last 3 years

Copied from a FB post...

Since Jan 2014 to Dec 2017 
Total number of test series played - 63
Number of test series won by Visiting team - 17

On the 17 away test series wins - 
1. SA have toured well down-under defeating both Australia and NZ at their respective homes.

2. However, SA have lost at home against both England and Australia !

3. Rest all teams have either won in their regions (Like India in sub-continent; Australia down under) or in West Indies

4. India is the only team that has not lost at home. Every other team has lost atleast one series at home.

This basically means :

1. SA has been a mixed bag - losing at home and winning Down under. And unable to win even a single game in the subcontinent against India or Bangladesh

2. India has lost no series at home (lost only 1 match). SA, Australia, NZ, England have all toured India but have not managed a win. At the same time India has not won while touring Australia, England SA

3. Australia has only lost while touring the sub-continent to all teams - India, Pakistan, SL. And also lost a match to Bangladesh
Just like India cannot win outside sub-continent (Aus, NZ, Eng, SA), Australia also cannot win in sub-continent (India, SL, Bangla, UAE)

4. Rest all teams have won away only against WI.

Contenders for best test team in the World are 3 countries –

a. A team that wins & loses both home & away (SA);

b. A team that wins at home but cant win away (Ind); and

c. a team that plays well in all parts of the world but struggles big time in sub-continent (Aus)

Support whichever team u like. For me no one team really stands out from the three..

No automatic alt text available.

45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Copied from a FB post...

Since Jan 2014 to Dec 2017 
Total number of test series played - 63
Number of test series won by Visiting team - 17

On the 17 away test series wins - 
1. SA have toured well down-under defeating both Australia and NZ at their respective homes.

2. However, SA have lost at home against both England and Australia !

3. Rest all teams have either won in their regions (Like India in sub-continent; Australia down under) or in West Indies

4. India is the only team that has not lost at home. Every other team has lost atleast one series at home.

This basically means :

1. SA has been a mixed bag - losing at home and winning Down under. And unable to win even a single game in the subcontinent against India or Bangladesh

2. India has lost no series at home (lost only 1 match). SA, Australia, NZ, England have all toured India but have not managed a win. At the same time India has not won while touring Australia, England SA

3. Australia has only lost while touring the sub-continent to all teams - India, Pakistan, SL. And also lost a match to Bangladesh
Just like India cannot win outside sub-continent (Aus, NZ, Eng, SA), Australia also cannot win in sub-continent (India, SL, Bangla, UAE)

4. Rest all teams have won away only against WI.

Contenders for best test team in the World are 3 countries –

a. A team that wins & loses both home & away (SA);

b. A team that wins at home but cant win away (Ind); and

c. a team that plays well in all parts of the world but struggles big time in sub-continent (Aus)

Support whichever team u like. For me no one team really stands out from the three..

No automatic alt text available.

You can't justify bad performance by citing other poor performances. Sure teams will perform better in conditions they are suited to and that has been the general trend, but teams visiting other countries (other than Asian teams) at least try to take the right steps to get in the right frame of mind, i.e. match preparation, good team selection, etc. That does not guarantee success, but as a player and team you want to put yourself in the best possible position to win, to be competitive. After that if you lose, you accept it knowing you gave it your best. Indians have done none of that and in this test they have just surrendered.

If I was a player in a team, I would not be take solace in the fact that oh well, most team are failing overseas so it is OK. I will try to set a high standard for myself not based on what others are doing around me. There have been great teams in the past (Aus / WI) who have won all over the world. Sure they had talent, but they also had other intangibles than just pure talent. 

Edited by dandaroy