India pacer Mohammed Shami rues not bowling enough vs South Africa in 2nd innings

Gollum

Don't they ever learn? Bhuvi made some valid observations about our slip catchers and got benched the next test. Now Shami rues not getting the ball from the skipper when he was in rhythm in the 2nd innings of Centurion test. Now he too will get a mysterious niggle before the last test :facepalm:. BTW us ICFers too were left wondering in the match thread when despite ripping through the SA middle order amidst a fantastic spell, he was suddenly & inexplicably removed from the attack and not given the ball for 29 overs !!!!

“There are some stages in front of you that you want to bowl more but the captain thinks that we should get them out quickly. So you cannot mind that but yes sometimes you do feel inside that maybe I could have got five wickets. But if you see from the team’s point of view, you will not feel like this,” said Shami after the day’s play.

“It depends on the captain when he wants to bowl you or any other bowler. It also depends on the conditions I suppose. Maybe I bowled before lunch so I couldn’t bowl immediately. So the captain might be thinking that we should bowl in rotation,” said Shami, adding that he wasn’t injured or tired when he was pulled out of the attack.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-pacer-mohammed-shami-rues-not-bowling-enough-vs-south-africa-in-2nd-innings/story-H0ydvtqrUxeWRoB640QGfO.html

Appears as if there is a discontent with how Kohli runs things. Professionally my own leadership style has gone from autocratic (Asian influence early on) to coaching (effect of gaining some wisdom), which I think works best 

Kohli would need to make such a transition as well to get the best out of his team 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Shami needs to know he is a poor fitness. He should be lucky he did not bowl more or else he would be sitting in India and doing some rehab program.

He is a world class bowler with third class fitness.

“There are some stages in front of you that you want to bowl more but the captain thinks that we should get them out quickly. So you cannot mind that but yes sometimes you do feel inside that maybe I could have got five wickets. But if you see from the team’s point of view, you will not feel like this,” said Shami after the day’s play.

“It depends on the captain when he wants to bowl you or any other bowler. It also depends on the conditions I suppose. Maybe I bowled before lunch so I couldn’t bowl immediately. So the captain might be thinking that we should bowl in rotation,” said Shami, adding that he wasn’t injured or tired when he was pulled out of the attack.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-pacer-mohammed-shami-rues-not-bowling-enough-vs-south-africa-in-2nd-innings/story-H0ydvtqrUxeWRoB640QGfO.html