velu

Whether Virat Kohli overtook Sachin as the test batsmen ??

In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not there yet

No and I don't think he will ever. Those who saw Sachin bat and with some knowledge about cricket know the answer. But Dhoni chamchas who want to take the heat off their idol will find this thread a good opportunity to divert attention. Divide and rule is the mantra of Dhoni/CSK fans. Pit SRT against X, Y, Z, then do the same with Kohli....rinse repeat, not falling for this one @velu Divide all fanbases so that CSK/MSD fanbase alone is in majority, right naa?

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No and I don't think he will ever. Those who saw Sachin bat and with some knowledge about cricket know the answer. But Dhoni chamchas who want to take the heat off their idol will find this thread a good opportunity to divert attention. Divide and rule is the mantra of Dhoni/CSK fans. Pit SRT against X, Y, Z, then do the same with Kohli....rinse repeat, not falling for this one @velu Divide all fanbases so that CSK/MSD fanbase alone is in majority, right naa?

i bet atleast THAT guy/girl will get high bp after seeing this thread and rant agaisnt msd :p:

10 minutes ago, goose said:

Kohli is not even the best batsman in the world today. 

He can still be better than Tendulkar despite not being the best batsman of the world, which will mean other batsman is just even better than the both. 

PS: Though I am not saying he is. 

Edited by rkt.india

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He can still be better than Tendulkar despite not being the best batsman of the world, which will mean other batsman is just even better than the both. 

PS: Though I am not saying he is. 

my metric for comparing batsman is to compare them to their peers. that's the scientific approach and makes the most sense to my mind. Tendulkar was the best batsman of this time. there was no fab 4 rubbish or fence sitting. he was out there on his own. bradman is better than the rest not because is better in the normal sense of the word 'is' but because he was twice as good as his peers. 

can anyone ever remember saying ' Tendulkar needs to rectify this or that'? didn't think so. apart from a few pakistanis that invented the *wit concept of a match winner to elevate Inzamam

2 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

no way..... this 900 pts is one among several factors only. That's all.Let he first rectify  his record in ENGLAND. That's so pathetic a record.

what are all the other criterias other than carrying the burden of the billion expectations ?

4 minutes ago, goose said:

my metric for comparing batsman is to compare them to their peers. that's the scientific approach and makes the most sense to my mind. Tendulkar was the best batsman of this time. there was no fab 4 rubbish or fence sitting. he was out there on his own. bradman is better than the rest not because is better in the normal sense of the word 'is' but because he was twice as good as his peers. 

in what aspects Tendulkar was so better than his peers? His peers were Ponting, Lara, Kallis, Sanga.  

"Indian Cricket got Richest And Respect" because of Sachin while Kohli is taking it back towards bankruptcy. 

The 900 points is down to efforts of Sachin and MSD, but sooner or later, Corporate world will realise, "Kohli is bad Investment".

Edited by mishra

7 minutes ago, goose said:

can anyone ever remember saying ' Tendulkar needs to rectify this or that'? didn't think so. apart from a few pakistanis that invented the *wit concept of a match winner to elevate Inzamam

This is just 7th year of Kohli's test career.

4 minutes ago, velu said:

what are all the other criterias other than carrying the burden of the billion expectations ?

longevity,more or less uniform record in all countries,more or less uniform record against all countries, a lot of aggressive inns, a lot of defensive inns,  not much difference between home and away record,good track record against all sorts of bowling, great record against best team of their period especially away, brilliant  in one dayers too with almost all said above factors inclusive etc etc .I am sure the list may have a lot other factors too.

6 minutes ago, goose said:

his legacy won't change much from here on. 

It could change quite a bit with one monster series with the bat in England, leading India to a series win. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

India is going to win its first ever 5 match test series against England in England this year.

I want some of what you are smoking lol

Sachin's batsmanship is perfection in itself. In another thread, I said that if batsmen were automobiles then Sachin is like the Range Rover. It is capable of withstanding and dominating any terrain, any weather and can travel any distance. Same way Sachin's batsmanship is capable of dominating any attack, any format and any conditions. Kohli is no where near this class.

But Kohli has more killer instinct than Sachin, I'll give him that. Kohli's technique is far from perfect. He seems organised like Kumar Sangakkara, but he is not. 

Edited by Temujin Khaghan

15 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Now say that again without crying Mr.Cancer patient

niggas-be-like-im-proud-of-you-bro-keep-

Dude...I mean Alexa/Siri do you really think in your head/CPU that is an insult??? 

Cmon even you can come up with something better than that 

Edited by maniac

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Sachin's batsmanship is perfection in itself. In another thread, I said that if batsmen were automobiles then Sachin is like the Range Rover. It is capable of withstanding and dominating any terrain, any weather and can travel any distance. Same way Sachin's batsmanship is capable of dominating any attack, any format and any conditions. Kohli is no where near this class.

But Kohli has more willpower than Sachin, I'll give him that. Kohli's technique is far from perfect. He seems organised like Kumar Sangakkara, but he is not. 

Kohli has a 10 times better team backing him, and the overall confidence level of the Indian team has changed starting from 2000, which during Sachin's era wasnt there. Had Sachin been batting today with this team, and with this kind of bowlers, it would have gone crazy!

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Calling someone a cancer patient is an insult??? Ok suit yourself...it is not like there were much expectations from you to begin with anyways 

Rehne de Bhai. Kuch bimari aisi hoti hai ki uska ilaj nahi ho sakta :dontknow:

Edited by Laaloo

Just now, maniac said:

Calling someone a cancer patient is an insult??? Ok suit yourself...it is not like there were much expectations from you to begin with anyways 

Well Dhoni give him cancer apparently..  So what does that make him ? Cancer patient.. This is what happens when you jump in to help your fellow chamcha without knowing the back story..

:flute: @velu   can confirm