Whether Virat Kohli overtook Sachin as the test batsmen ??

velu

In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not there yet

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Not there yet.

But he will and that is good for Indian cricket

Dhoni was my fav wk-bat but I had no problem when Saha over took him in a little

time....we evolve for the best :nice:

900pts :dontknow:

sachin never came close 

No and I don't think he will ever. Those who saw Sachin bat and with some knowledge about cricket know the answer. But Dhoni chamchas who want to take the heat off their idol will find this thread a good opportunity to divert attention. Divide and rule is the mantra of Dhoni/CSK fans. Pit SRT against X, Y, Z, then do the same with Kohli....rinse repeat, not falling for this one @velu Divide all fanbases so that CSK/MSD fanbase alone is in majority, right naa?

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No and I don't think he will ever. Those who saw Sachin bat and with some knowledge about cricket know the answer. But Dhoni chamchas who want to take the heat off their idol will find this thread a good opportunity to divert attention. Divide and rule is the mantra of Dhoni/CSK fans. Pit SRT against X, Y, Z, then do the same with Kohli....rinse repeat, not falling for this one @velu Divide all fanbases so that CSK/MSD fanbase alone is in majority, right naa?

i bet atleast THAT guy/girl will get high bp after seeing this thread and rant agaisnt msd :p:

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Mohammad Yousuf 933

Hussey 921

Root 917

SRT, Wally Hammond, Steve Waugh, Sutcliffe, Greg Chappell, Alan Border, Sehwag, Graeme Smith and many others all below 900

:dontknow:

problem was he came down too low down the order

10 minutes ago, goose said:

Kohli is not even the best batsman in the world today. 

He can still be better than Tendulkar despite not being the best batsman of the world, which will mean other batsman is just even better than the both. 

PS: Though I am not saying he is. 

Edited by rkt.india
19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He can still be better than Tendulkar despite not being the best batsman of the world, which will mean other batsman is just even better than the both. 

PS: Though I am not saying he is. 

my metric for comparing batsman is to compare them to their peers. that's the scientific approach and makes the most sense to my mind. Tendulkar was the best batsman of this time. there was no fab 4 rubbish or fence sitting. he was out there on his own. bradman is better than the rest not because is better in the normal sense of the word 'is' but because he was twice as good as his peers. 

2 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

no way..... this 900 pts is one among several factors only. That's all.Let he first rectify  his record in ENGLAND. That's so pathetic a record.

what are all the other criterias other than carrying the burden of the billion expectations ?

4 minutes ago, goose said:

my metric for comparing batsman is to compare them to their peers. that's the scientific approach and makes the most sense to my mind. Tendulkar was the best batsman of this time. there was no fab 4 rubbish or fence sitting. he was out there on his own. bradman is better than the rest not because is better in the normal sense of the word 'is' but because he was twice as good as his peers. 

in what aspects Tendulkar was so better than his peers? His peers were Ponting, Lara, Kallis, Sanga.  

"Indian Cricket got Richest And Respect" because of Sachin while Kohli is taking it back towards bankruptcy. 

The 900 points is down to efforts of Sachin and MSD, but sooner or later, Corporate world will realise, "Kohli is bad Investment".

Edited by mishra