Jump to content
velu

Whether Virat Kohli overtook Sachin as the test batsmen ??

In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?  

91 members have voted

  1. 1. In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?

    • Yes
      20
    • No
      37
    • Not there yet
      34


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Avg, runs and centuries are lot of things. Any batsman with 2nd most 100s and 55+ avg will be ATG at that point irrespective of everything else.

 

overall ranking is the best indicator which includes all or most of all  .. kohli 900++ 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a VK fan but I don't think he's there yet. He may have the same or more impact on the opposition but 51 Test centuries, 15K runs against really great bowlers is no joke. VK will definitely surpass SRT by the end of his career is what I'd like to think. 

 

PS : I rate Dravid higher than Sachin in tests. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, BlueBee said:

I'm a VK fan but I don't think he's there yet. He may have the same or more impact on the opposition but 51 Test centuries, 15K runs against really great bowlers is no joke. VK will definitely surpass SRT by the end of his career is what I'd like to think. 

  

 PS : I rate Dravid higher than Sachin in tests. 

For what? Dravid wasn't even close to SRT in tests.

Share this post


Link to post

I am  slowly tilting in the favor of Kohli. There is literally a gulf now between the batsmen Sachin played along with and the morons who bat alongside Kohli.

 

Anyways keeping stats aside, I have not seen a fully assured Kohli innings at the test level yet especially in difficult conditions. A lot of his good 100's except maybe his 1st one in South Africa have been somewhat fidgety innings with a lot of luck involved initially where as Sachin played a lot of chance less 100's in such conditions where he tore apart some great bowling.

 

Visually though I would have to go with Sachin purely on quality of some of his knocks.Kohli is slowly catching up though thanks to the hopeless morons who play along with him. Partially his fault,so that kind of negates that.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I am  slowly tilting in the favor of Kohli. There is literally a gulf now between the batsmen Sachin played along with and the morons who bat alongside Kohli.

 

Anyways keeping stats aside, I have not seen a fully assured Kohli innings at the test level yet especially in difficult conditions. A lot of his good 100's except maybe his 1st one in South Africa have been somewhat fidgety innings with a lot of luck involved initially where as Sachin played a lot of chance less 100's in such conditions where he tore apart some great bowling.

 

Visually though I would have to go with Sachin purely on quality of some of his knocks.Kohli is slowly catching up though thanks to the hopeless morons who play along with him. Partially his fault,so that kind of negates that.

 

ok.. @maniac :icflove:

Share this post


Link to post

There is no doubt that SRT came into international cricket with more potential than Kohli. He was termed Bradmanesque even before his debut. Did he live up to that lofty expectation? Did he stand above the rest of the crowd like Bradman did over his peers? No. He is a modern day great, no doubt (although he tarnished some of that legacy by sticking around after WC 2011), but he definitely underachieved in terms of totally dominating his peers (he did this in spurts) and being the MVP of the team. 

 

Sachin started playing tests when he was 16 going on 17. Virat debuted when he was 22 going on 23. That is six years of international cricket more for Sachin. Surely, he would have more centuries and more runs. Also, SRT made an immediate impact in terms of scoring runs, while Virat working his way up. There is no question that Sachin had more talent than Kohli in terms of technique, array of shots, etc. However, where Kohli excels is his value to the team, to step up when needed, the fierce attitude, the grit. And he is a learner. I have no doubt that by the time he hangs up (he can easily play another 10 years with his physical conditioning), he will be a ATG and he will definitely be the best MVP Indian cricket has ever had. 

Share this post


Link to post

Tendulkar grossly underachieved in the 90s. I mean against touring England side/sl side he should have scored like 700 runs in 3 tests. The concentration lapses of Sachin was quiet inexplicable. From the very first ball he would find the middle of the bat then all of a sudden he will play a daft shot.

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Tendulkar grossly underachieved in the 90s. I mean against touring England side/sl side he should have scored like 700 runs in 3 tests. The concentration lapses of Sachin was quiet inexplicable. From the very first ball he would find the middle of the bat then all of a sudden he will play a daft shot.

Despite the lapses in concentration, he still averaged 58 in the 1990s (and 52.2 after the 90s). 

Share this post


Link to post

the audacity to compare  a proven legend  who scored  over 13500(still  larger than the 2nd best Ponting)  runs at 59.35 facing several sub 25 bowlers in general  & facing much higher pressure of expectations in general & that too with 44.6+ avg: in all countries during this time span  to  a talented  youngster who has barely touched 6000 runs. 'Foolishness' is the single word that  comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

the audacity to compare  a proven legend  who scored  over 13500(still  larger than the 2nd best Ponting)  runs at 59.35 facing several sub 25 bowlers in general  & facing much higher pressure of expectations in general & that too with 44.6+ avg: in all countries during this time span  to  a talented  youngster who has barely touched 6000 runs. 'Foolishness' is the single word that  comes to mind.

What sub25 bowlers did Sachin face and did well??? Give me one innings where Sachin was as dominant as Kohli has shown from both sides away from India???

 

where is this 59.35 coming from???? 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

 What sub25 bowlers did Sachin face and did well??? Give me one innings where Sachin was as dominant as Kohli has shown from both sides away from India???

 

 where is this 59.35 coming from???? 

 

No one dominates ATG bowlers. SRT faced sub-25 bowlers and scored multiple 100s.

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/16126/scorecard/63737/south-africa-vs-india-2nd-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-1996-97/

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15465/scorecard/63951/south-africa-vs-india-1st-test-india-tour-of-south-africa-2001-02/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Kohli has surpasses Sachin as batsman I'm all formats of the game 

 

Also Dravid was a better test batsman than selfish tendulkar and MSD a better ODI batsman than Tendy 

 

Overall tendulkar is not a top 3 indian test or ODI player

Bhai mere. Aapako Halawa pasand hai. Hamako Chamacham. Ab aap bolo halawa badhiya hai Cham cham se. Kaise maaanegaa koyee.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What sub25 bowlers did Sachin face and did well??? Give me one innings where Sachin was as dominant as Kohli has shown from both sides away from India???

 

where is this 59.35 coming from???? 

first of all , I think it is a waste of effort to discuss with you w.r.t this matter ....sorry to say this because I still remember clearly the discussions  with you wrt this matter.The nature of your argument is  like this.Show me "this and that etc etc "  when you yourself has the net facility to check about that.To be frank, it is some sort of irritating to say the least.

    Secondly , even if you are shown with crystal clear data, you will change you goal post and  put forward another criteria and ask to show me 'this and that ....'. This happend several times in the last discussion with you.This is just arguing for the sake of argument and nothing else.... 

And for only one worth question in your post.... from 1993 jan 29  - 2011 apr where he scored 13534 runs @ 59.35 avg: - just fetch for yourself

 ..

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

the audacity to compare  a proven legend  who scored  over 13500(still  larger than the 2nd best Ponting)  runs at 59.35 facing several sub 25 bowlers in general  & facing much higher pressure of expectations in general & that too with 44.6+ avg: in all countries during this time span  to  a talented  youngster who has barely touched 6000 runs. 'Foolishness' is the single word that  comes to mind.

He scored 15,921 runs to be precise. Thats much higher than 13,500. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He scored 15,921 runs to be precise. Thats much higher than 13,500. 

"over 13500(still  larger than the 2nd best Ponting)  runs at 59.35 "

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

You are giving me  pitches on which other team scored 550 plus as Sachin mastery over sub 25 bowlers.There is a reason why Sachin's innings never made wisden top 100 and there is a reason why his career ratings never reached 900. 

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You are giving me  pitches on which other team scored 550 plus as Sachin mastery over sub 25 bowlers.There is a reason why Sachin's innings never made wisden top 100 and there is a reason why his career ratings never reached 900. 

That shows quality of Indian bowlers. You're basically asking for matches SRT played with Indian bowlers averaging below 25 and 30. Well didn't happen.

 

 

 

List how many times 900 rating was achieved in 90s.

 

There is a reason more than dozen players got it in 2000s.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, dandaroy said:

There is no doubt that SRT came into international cricket with more potential than Kohli. He was termed Bradmanesque even before his debut. Did he live up to that lofty expectation? Did he stand above the rest of the crowd like Bradman did over his peers? No. He is a modern day great, no doubt (although he tarnished some of that legacy by sticking around after WC 2011), but he definitely underachieved in terms of totally dominating his peers (he did this in spurts) and being the MVP of the team. 

 

Sachin started playing tests when he was 16 going on 17. Virat debuted when he was 22 going on 23. That is six years of international cricket more for Sachin. Surely, he would have more centuries and more runs. Also, SRT made an immediate impact in terms of scoring runs, while Virat working his way up. There is no question that Sachin had more talent than Kohli in terms of technique, array of shots, etc. However, where Kohli excels is his value to the team, to step up when needed, the fierce attitude, the grit. And he is a learner. I have no doubt that by the time he hangs up (he can easily play another 10 years with his physical conditioning), he will be a ATG and he will definitely be the best MVP Indian cricket has ever had. 

Couldn't have said it any better.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

That shows quality of Indian bowlers. You're basically asking for matches SRT played with Indian bowlers averaging below 25 and 30. Well didn't happen.

 

 

 

List how many times 900 rating was achieved in 90s.

 

There is a reason more than dozen players got it in 2000s.

I don't think it was due to quality of Indian bowlers, both were flat pitches and quality of Indian batting has to be questioned more than its bowling.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

That shows quality of Indian bowlers. You're basically asking for matches SRT played with Indian bowlers averaging below 25 and 30. Well didn't happen.

 

 

 

List how many times 900 rating was achieved in 90s.

 

There is a reason more than dozen players got it in 2000s.

When did Sachin retire????? did he retire in 1990s??? why does he get a pass for 2000s???? what was he doing in 2000s???

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 12:40 AM, velu said:

 

overall ranking is the best indicator which includes all or most of all  .. kohli 900++ 

Bull ****. Ranking is a one time achievement. So if a batsman in his second year reaches 900+ points in ranking and then averages 25 for next 12 years, he is an atg? You should stick to ipl and trolling

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 11:34 PM, putrevus said:

When did Sachin retire????? did he retire in 1990s??? why does he get a pass for 2000s???? what was he doing in 2000s???

During some of our easiest series he suffered from an injury and lack of form. He did play a lot of tougher series though post that and did fairly good

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, UnknownGenius said:

Kohli has surpasses Sachin as batsman I'm all formats of the game 

 

Also Dravid was a better test batsman than selfish tendulkar and MSD a better ODI batsman than Tendy 

 

Overall tendulkar is not a top 3 indian test or ODI player

Lmao, kohli wins at home anf loses away just like sachin. Not a single fact supports your baseless claims. Nor do any neutral fans, wisden experts of the game, past.and future legends support a single one of your claims

 

 I love how from facts now the discussion has veered to name calling and persoanl attacks on players you dislike

 

Fans like you are worse than termites eating what was once good. Tomorrow when some other players comes you will call kohli names.

 

 Whether sachin is selfish or not, Fair weather scum entitled fans lke you are definitely selfish, pathetic human beings with no achievements in life trying to feel better by targeting giants

Share this post


Link to post

This is my assumption.

 

Look, Kohli is at age 30 and got close to 6000 runs. His current average is 54. assume he will play another maximum 10 years and he will play minimum 10 matches per year then total matches for ten years will be 100. So 2 inning per test match and obviously 200 innings. But lets assume realistically he would play 180 innings out of 200. Then 54*180 = 9720 and adding current 6000 runs, the total will be 15700+ runs. An occasional tons will come when he tours in minnow countries like SL, BAN, WI, ZIM, etc. Therefore he would be able to cross 16000 runs in age 40 and retire happily. So I believe he may break the records of Sachin. :cantstop:

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 5:29 AM, rtmohanlal said:

the audacity to compare  a proven legend  who scored  over 13500(still  larger than the 2nd best Ponting)  runs at 59.35 facing several sub 25 bowlers in general  & facing much higher pressure of expectations in general & that too with 44.6+ avg: in all countries during this time span  to  a talented  youngster who has barely touched 6000 runs. 'Foolishness' is the single word that  comes to mind.

Even wisden consider him 2nd best after bradman.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, UnknownGenius said:

Kohli has surpasses Sachin as batsman I'm all formats of the game 

 

Also Dravid was a better test batsman than selfish tendulkar and MSD a better ODI batsman than Tendy 

 

Overall tendulkar is not a top 3 indian test or ODI player

But he is still 2nd best of all time after bradman.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/6/2018 at 11:12 PM, putrevus said:

You are giving me  pitches on which other team scored 550 plus as Sachin mastery over sub 25 bowlers.There is a reason why Sachin's innings never made wisden top 100 and there is a reason why his career ratings never reached 900. 

Mastering sub 25 bowler doesn't necessarily  mean how fluently he scored against them, rather it is seeing them off and then scoring once settled down. BTW Azher Mahmood has an inning in top 100 , do you also consider him greater than tendulkar and kallis.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Mastering sub 25 bowler doesn't necessarily  mean how fluently he scored against them, rather it is seeing them off and then scoring once settled down. BTW Azher Mahmood has an inning in top 100 , do you also consider him greater than tendulkar and kallis.

 

if someone has has better stats + top rated innings , he will be rated higher than someone having stats only..

 

to make it simpler for you , dhoni and bevan have simialr stats , but people will rate him higher because of his few macth winnign innings like THAT wc final :proud:

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, velu said:

 

for his consistency .. you would pick that but you ignore wisden 100 innings :hehe:

No one is ignoring anything, who cares if wisden didn't put his innings in top 100 innings, they still rated him second best of all time, this is what matters the most.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, velu said:

 

if someone has has better stats + top rated innings , he will be rated higher than someone having stats only..

 

to make it simpler for you , dhoni and bevan have simialr stats , but people will rate him higher because of his few macth winnign innings like THAT wc final :proud:

Lol sl/bd basher is not fit enough to tie Bevan juta.:hysterical:....not a single century overseas. Ya he is world famous in Chennai agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, velu said:

 

for his consistency .. you would pick that but you ignore wisden 100 innings :hehe:

Top 100 inning has  no significance in terms of class of batsmen ship. Even FZ from Pak has century in final do you think he is ahead of kohli.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Top 100 inning has  no significance in terms of class of batsmen ship. Even FZ from Pak has century in final do you think he is ahead of kohli.

 

if kohli scores a match winning century in a WC final , it adds to his value :p: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, velu said:

you are trying to put your word in my mouth .. IF FZ has the same record as kohli and have more match winning knocks in the finals i would rate him above kohli 

 

Exactly and that precisely end the discussion. Let kohli score consistently and reach to a point where he can compare with sachin. He is still half way in his career anything can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Exactly and that precisely end the discussion. Let kohli score consistently and reach to a point where he can compare with sachin. He is still half way in his career anything can happen.

:phehe:He has more match winning 100s than your tendu ever will in his whole life. Kohli is a team player and booted tendu from charts already. 

 

I know it's tough for chamchas like to accept but it's the truth. 

Edited by Rasgulla

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Exactly and that precisely end the discussion. Let kohli score consistently and reach to a point where he can compare with sachin. He is still half way in his career anything can happen.

 

do you atleast agree that kohli is a better ODI bat than sachin ? :hmmmm2:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×