Whether Virat Kohli overtook Sachin as the test batsmen ??

velu

In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. In tests , whether Virat Kohli surpassed Sachin as a batsmen ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not there yet

On 1/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, Cricketics said:

No, India winning surely. We performed poorly in first two tests due to lack of practice. These same players -Pujara-Vijay have scored in South Africa in the past. They just weren’t good enough this time.

I Expect India to be ready for England and Australia tour.

We will score many 400s, and 500 + score.

I don't think they performed badly in first two tests. They competed in all three tests and it is just chasing in fourth innings is not that easy. Australia this lost chasing 180 odd in Bangalore.

Bowlers need to understand they cannot leak runs if they cannot take wickets and other batsmen have to learn to compete and have that attitude of Steve Waugh over my dead body. If these two happen India is going to win lot of matches overseas.

If he succeeds in England, then he definitely has the chance to surpass H. Kohli's knock have more impact on the team's performance in general. By the time, he is done, he has the potential to be India's best ATG batsman in all cricket. He just needs to work on his arrogance and attitude to be a better captain to his teammates and coach. There is no question abiout his fierce and competitive attitude that benefits him personally. He needs to learn how to channel that to benefit the whole team.

Edited by dandaroy
1 minute ago, dandaroy said:

If he succeeds in England, then he definitely has the chance to surpass H. Kohli's knock have more impact on the team's performance in general. By the time, he is done, he has the potential to be India's best ATG batsman in all cricket. He just needs to work on his arrogance and attitude to be a better captain to his teammates and coach. There is no question on his fierce and competitive attitude that benefits him personally. He needs to learn how to channel that to benefit the whole team.

What do you mean by better captain, what has he done wrong? he is what he is because he is arrogant in a good way and has an attitude.He always comes across a person who gives respect to everyone but is not afraid to speak his mind.

He does not hide unlike other previous great ones including Sachin over bad performance.

12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What do you mean by better captain, what has he done wrong? he is what he is because he is arrogant in a good way and has an attitude.He always comes across a person who gives respect to everyone but is not afraid to speak his mind.

He does not hide unlike other previous great ones including Sachin over bad performance.

Yes his arrogance sometimes clouds his judgment and receiving constructive criticism from others around and also his ability to introspect. This was clearly evident on this tour. Refusing to accept mistakes of not having match preparation, improper team selection, etc. Arrogance in the right amount is called self-pride. When it starts creating a bubble around you, it is not helpful. Hopefully, he is intelligent enough to learn from it. This was his first tough overseas tour after being a permanent captain.

Edited by dandaroy
7 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Yes his arrogance sometimes clouds his judgment and receiving constructive criticism from others around and also his ability to introspect. This was clearly evident in this tour. Refusing to accept mistakes of not having match preparation, improper team selection, etc. Arrogance in the right amount is called self-pride. When it starts creating a bubble around you, it is not helpful. Hopefully, he is intelligent enough to learn from it. This was his first tough overseas tour after being a permanent captain.

He to me has come out as captain in flying colors, team selection was not wrong, the only debate is Rahane .Still it is a fair call.Show me one series in Indian history where they have taken this many wickets in an overseas series that is all due to his call of playing 5 bowlers.Show me another Indian captain who is willing to lose match in order to win it.

Edited by putrevus
7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He to me has come out as captain in flying colors, team selection was not wrong, the only debate is Rahane .Still it is a fair call.Show me one series in Indian history where they have taken this many wickets in an overseas series that is all due to his call of playing 5 bowlers.Show me another Indian captain who is willing to lose match in order to win it.

It's hardly a debate and it's no coincidence that we are giving SA tough time with Bhuvi in the team in 1st and 2nd test. He scored runs in both matches and India missed whole package which he had brought so far.

Those are huge difference. Take out Rahane and Bhuvi from both matches and result could have been big losses in all matches.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It's hardly a debate and it's no coincidence that we are giving SA tough time with Bhuvi in the team in 1st and 2nd test. He scored runs in both matches and India missed whole package which he had brought so far.

Those are huge difference. Take out Rahane and Bhuvi from both matches and result could have been big losses in all matches.

Dhawan over KL was also a big one , just cos rahul hasnt scored doesnt make that call right . Just like Rohit over Rahane , even if rahane had got a duck in second innings , it was retarded level selection.

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Did Bhuvi play first test or not, what did he do when they went 3/12 to 300 .Don't make him into Dale Steyn, Rahane scored 48 after flopping first innings and let us not get carried away as if these two are ATGS and they were dropped.

The same captain selected Bumrah and how is that working out.Do you have magic wand to say that Rahane will turn up after failing miserably for whole series a few days back. Hindsight is always easy. Rahul, Rahul was the slogan after first test what did he , he was not deemed good enough to even open the second innings.

26 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Lack of match practice.

not choosing Rahane until 3rd test

chopping bhuvi in 2nd test

Selecting Dhawan/Rohit who just do not belong. 

Plus some odd on field captaincy decisions. Comparing him to previous Indian captains is not helpful. We have had not had captains like Waugh, Brearley, Lloyd, etc ever. 

1 minute ago, dandaroy said:

Lack of match practice.

not choosing Rahane until 3rd test

chopping bhuvi in 2nd test

Selecting Dhawan/Rohit who just do not belong. 

Plus some odd on field captaincy decisions. Comparing him to previous Indian captains is not helpful. We have had not had captains like Waugh, Brearley, Lloyd, etc ever. 

How is lack of match practice his fault.As I have been saying even after today's innings Rahane's non selection was not wrong. 

We did not have those captains but Kohli has a chance to become one, let him become one of them don't pull him down with petty stuff.He is unselfish and always puts his team first .He is  festy and always want to win every match. 

Which captain averages 65 after 34 tests and people still are complaining about him.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, Cricketics said:

India is going to win its first ever 5 match test series against England in England this year.

Itna jaldi Arsenic mat daal. Pehle I-Pee-L khatam hone de. Uske baad dekhte hain eh log England mein pehle se jaate hain ki nahin. Without acclimatization and match preparation, India will again lose the first test and be immediately on the back foot.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How is lack of match practice his fault.As I have been saying even after today's innings Rahane's non selection was not wrong. 

We did not have those captains but Kohli has a chance to become one, let him become one of them don't pull him down with petty stuff.He is unselfish and always puts his team first .He is  festy and always want to win every match. 

Which captain averages 65 after 34 tests and people still are complaining about him.

Where have you been? It is a known fact now that BCCI gave the team to go to SA ahead of time. The Indian team management ignored it. As a captain, it was his responsibility to make that happen with Shastri. Read my other posts where I have complained about this non-stop. 

3 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Itna jaldi Arsenic mat daal. Pehle I-Pee-L khatam hone de. Uske baad dekhte hain eh log England mein pehle se jaate hain ki nahin. Without acclimatization and match preparation, India will again lose the first test and be immediately on the back foot.

England in England is not easy place , 5 tests is long series .

Just now, dandaroy said:

Where have you been? It is a known fact now that BCCI gave the team to go to SA ahead of time. The Indian team management ignored it. As a captain, it was his responsibility to make that happen with Shastri. Read my other posts where I have complained about this non-stop. 

No BCCI gave an option of sending few players early not whole squad.

Virat Kohli angry with BCCI’s planning, says preparation for SA tour not ideal

Skipper Virat Kohli has expressed his unhappiness over the cramped schedule of the India team which leaves them no time to acclimatise before the tough tour of South Africa. The BCCI, in a bid to accommodate the Sri Lanka series, has left little time for the Indian cricket team to prepare for the long South Africa series.

Yes (we requested for the pace-friendly wickets), because unfortunately we get only two days before we fly to South Africa after this series gets over. So we have no choice but be in a game situation and think of what’s coming ahead of us.

“Had we got a month off ideally, we would have done a proper preparation in a camp sort of scenario. But we have to sort of make do with what we have,” said Kohli ahead of the second Test against Sri Lanka in Nagpur on Thursday.

Where did BCCI said we will send whole squad?

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No BCCI gave an option of sending few players early not whole squad.

Virat Kohli angry with BCCI’s planning, says preparation for SA tour not ideal

Skipper Virat Kohli has expressed his unhappiness over the cramped schedule of the India team which leaves them no time to acclimatise before the tough tour of South Africa. The BCCI, in a bid to accommodate the Sri Lanka series, has left little time for the Indian cricket team to prepare for the long South Africa series.

Yes (we requested for the pace-friendly wickets), because unfortunately we get only two days before we fly to South Africa after this series gets over. So we have no choice but be in a game situation and think of what’s coming ahead of us.

“Had we got a month off ideally, we would have done a proper preparation in a camp sort of scenario. But we have to sort of make do with what we have,” said Kohli ahead of the second Test against Sri Lanka in Nagpur on Thursday.

Where did BCCI said we will send whole squad?

Yes you are right. BCCI did not offer to take the whole squad to SA. Blame goes everywhere. BCCI for scheduling meaningless series before and important tour, and Indian team management (Kohli & Shastri) not taking up on BCCI offer (even though not ideal), or not fighting hard to make the right thing happen (which is tell BCCI, field a second string squad against SL, we are taking the test team to SA well ahead and I will reschedule my marriage). Don't tell me Kohli does not have the clout to make things happen if he/Shastri really pushed hard. And then he contradicts Shastri and says they had right match preparation!

Edited by dandaroy
11 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Yes you are right. BCCI did not offer to take the whole squad to SA. Blame goes everywhere. BCCI for scheduling meaningless series before and important tour, and Indian team management (Kohli & Shastri) not taking up on BCCI offer (even though not ideal), or not fighting hard to make the right thing happen (which is tell BCCI, field a second string squad against SL, we are taking the test team to SA well ahead and I will reschedule my marriage). Don't tell me Kohli does not have the clout to make things happen if he/Shastri really pushed hard.

No single player has that much clout as you are saying.Give this guy break, he has played nonstop in every format for last 3- 4 years and took two weeks off for marriage.Unlike Pandya he played test series then took a break.Pandya for some weird reason took a break from test series when he should have done opposite and it is showing. BCCI has to grow some brains and understand the need for practice games

What were these former players doing when SL series was happening, they were all jumping on Kohli and question his captaincy skills and what not after this series was lost. All I heard from all these former players then was  how well this Indian team looks . 

This guy is best captain which has happened to Indian cricket , let us forget that fact.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No single player has that much clout as you are saying.Give this guy break, he has played nonstop in every format for last 3- 4 years and took two weeks off for marriage.Unlike Pandya he played test series then took a break.Pandya for some weird reason took a break from test series when he should have done opposite and it is showing. BCCI has to grow some brains and understand the need for practice games

What were these former players doing when SL series was happening, they were all jumping on Kohli and question his captaincy skills and what not after this series was lost. All I heard from all these former players then was  how well this Indian team looks . 

This guy is best captain which has happened to Indian cricket , let us forget that fact.

I guess we have a difference on opinion regarding Kohli on this. But I do agree with you on BCCI’s culpability on this. Bunch of morons scheduling games caring only about profits and not the well being of the team!