How to coach a #1 team

https://scroll.in/field/865457/watching-shastri-missing-kumble-india-made-mistakes-that-well-drilled-teams-would-not-have

Nice article on scroll for a change. India needed a taskmaster, a coach needs to hold a mirror as per Kumble. Ravi Shastri's coach is a extension of captain, to parrot what he says. Who cares how it looks to the spectators,  player should play like how he knows best. 

Players not turning up for practice shows that coach is out there partying with them. Missing Kumble.

It infuriates me that these arseholes decided to take a 'rest day' after the first test (instead of practicing) which ended in 4 days anyway.. BC MC what rest do they need?

Even after this test 2/3 players were seen shopping with their wives... BC hame chewtiya samjha hai kya.

Shashtri needs to be booted out ASAP.. #GETKUMBLEBACK

3 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

It infuriates me that these arseholes decided to take a 'rest day' after the first test (instead of practicing) which ended in 4 days anyway.. BC MC what rest do they need?

Even after this test 2/3 players were seen shopping with their wives... BC hame chewtiya samjha hai kya.

Shashtri needs to be booted out ASAP.. #GETKUMBLEBACK

Kumble should never have been fired.

There should be two coaches and reward the one who performs. #FireShastriNow

27 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I remember being in India when it all started and the majority of newspapers and public were in favour of Kohli 

People can't moan now it's what they wanted . 

Its partly due to the fact that people from the BCCI were leaking stories (probably false) to the media making kumble out to being a power hungry dictator type coach. A lot of people in this forum were anti kumble as well. Kohli had support from the bcci but not the coa, and many media outlets are probably in pocket of BCCI. its why no cricket commentators have leveled any type of critism at the BCCI.

Just now, Silva said:

Its partly due to the fact that people from the BCCI were leaking stories (probably false) to the media making kumble out to being a power hungry dictator type coach. A lot of people in this forum were anti kumble as well. Kohli had support from the bcci but not the coa, and many media outlets are probably in pocket of BCCI. its why no cricket commentators have leveled any type of critism at the BCCI.

Its Kohli, Not Kumble whose photo appears on BCCI sponsorship negotiation.

Its Kohli, not Kumble who sells Puma and Pepsi

+

Kumble spoke  stuff for CoA which was beyond his job description. He did realise that. So that was not root cause

6 minutes ago, mishra said:

Its Kohli, Not Kumble whose photo appears on BCCI sponsorship negotiation.

Its Kohli, not Kumble who sells Puma and Pepsi

+

Kumble spoke  stuff for CoA which was beyond his job description. He did realise that. So that was not root cause

Kohli the cricketer and sponsors pin up boy dictates who should be coach ? 

What was the root cause?

Just now, Tattieboy said:

What was the root cause?

Kumble is respected personality and is passionate about cricket and country. Me thinks Kumble and the duo (Ganguly, Sachin) would not have bowed, if Kohli would not have lost the CT by directly doing exactly opposite of what Kumble asked him to do

Just now, mishra said:

Kumble is respected personality and is passionate about cricket and country. Me thinks Kumble and the duo (Ganguly, Sachin) would not have bowed, if Kohli would not have lost the CT by directly doing exactly opposite of what Kumble asked him to do

Can I ask you why they refused Rahul Dravid and Zach to go as batting and bowling consultants 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

Can I ask you why they refused Rahul Dravid and Zach to go as batting and bowling consultants 

Dada is natural Captain for Kumble, Sachin Dravid Zakk. More likely then not, Such appointment would have strengthened Dada and weakened Shashtri in Board Rooms.

Do Google read some stories as how Dada rejected Shashtris candidature last time around while finalizing Kumble.

More politics.

5 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

Let me help you with that...

If you and your friends were running a Ponzi Scheme would you let 2 policemen who knew what a Ponzi scheme looks like into the scheme?