Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Singh bling

Indian population is growing much faster in the north – and the south is paying the price

Recommended Posts

Quote

https://scroll.in/article/865569/indian-population-is-growing-much-faster-in-the-north-and-the-south-is-paying-the-price

Indian population is growing much faster in the north – and the south is paying the price

This is going to be a big political issue in next 50 years and May be Leaders like Kamal hasan want's to unite south India

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but uniting south india is not going to be easy as the carvery issue has shown

 

all southern states have some issue or the other with each other via water.

 

I do believe Telangana and Maharashtra sorted their river issues. More than BJP it was KCR who needs to be credited.

 

So if you do want to unite the south you need to first counter water politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish there was a secessionist movement in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar,  we could have just let them go and life in other States could have been so much better.

 

This is not working anymore,  the Indian Cities can't afford to accomodate thousands of migrants from Cow Belt that arrive on a daily basis.  The issue is not about some silly cultural dilution of the cities but the worsening infrstraucture that cannot support more people. Buses are crowded,  Trains are jammed, traffic worse,   there is no space to walk on streets,  bridges are falling, stampede, no value for life and yet more people keep pouring in. 

 

Why should a  developed state bear the burden of failed Cow Belt States and thereby bringing down their overall standard of living and progress that they have made ? The Leaders of failed States don't care about any development in their region and are more than happy to see their people migrate to other states for livelihood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

I wish there was a secessionist movement in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar,  we could have just let them go and life in other States could have been so much better.

 

This is not working anymore,  the Indian Cities can't afford to accomodate thousands of migrants from Cow Belt that arrive on a daily basis.  The issue is not about some silly cultural dilution of the cities but the worsening infrstraucture that cannot support more people. Buses are crowded,  Trains are jammed, traffic worse,   there is no space to walk on streets,  bridges are falling, stampede, no value for life and yet more people keep pouring in. 

 

Why should a  developed state bear the burden of failed Cow Belt States and thereby bringing down their overall standard of living and progress that they have made ? The Leaders of failed States don't care about any development in their region and are more than happy to see their people migrate to other states for livelihood. 

Onus is equally on you to move to tier 2, tier 3 cities from the overcrowded ones.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Muslims are growing in every state. Kerala Muslim women TFR>>>>>> UP/Bihar Hindu women TFR.

I remember my grandfather would tell me stories about the era of his great grandfather (which I guess would date to late 1700s). He told me was that a family's reputation in society depended on how big their family was, other things if I remember were size of farms, health of cattle and physical strength would determine one's masculinity. Now I understand why India is so overpopulated today, because back then clean air/water, natural resources, land space and etc. were in abundance and none of them had any idea that competing to make big families would result in overpopulation which in turn would lead to massive imbalance between supply and demand of resources.

 

The reason why I cited the above example is that muslims might think today that by growing huge families they are fulfilling the goal of Islam to make the whole world muslim, but they never know that things could actually backfire real bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 11:29 AM, Gollum said:

Muslims are growing in every state. Kerala Muslim women TFR>>>>>> UP/Bihar Hindu women TFR.

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

Cheeno-arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara

[/ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

 

OK, that is obviously me trolling.  

What you said is true. But the decade wise fall in growth rate is the fastest for the Muslim community. So says this (and many other) reports on the basis of the 2011 Census.

 

Edited by Mariyam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Iqbal mode] cheeno arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

                                       Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara[/ 'reformed' Iqbal mode]

 

You sound triggered, am I factually incorrect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Factually incorrect about me sounding triggered.

 

You didn't quote/read my full post :(( 

You are factually incorrect about China and sara jahan, miniscule presence in South America and Antarctica.

 

I like your posts @Mariyam :icflove:, you are the wittiest poster here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gollum : Cheenoarab refers to the erstwhile Mongol influenced areas of Central Asia. Not China + Arabia as one would presume. In classical Urdu taxonomy, Cheenoarab = mixture of Chinese and Arab people ie the Turkic central Asian regions. In correct as that maybe genealogically, its what passed as a generalization until very recent times.

 

And you are being very kind. :icflove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum : Cheenoarab refers to the erstwhile Mongol influenced areas of Central Asia. Not China + Arabia as one would presume. In classical Urdu taxonomy, Cheenoarab = mixture of Chinese and Arab people ie the Turkic central Asian regions. In correct as that maybe genealogically, its what passed as a generalization until very recent times.

 

And you are being very kind. :icflove:

Thanks for this information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You are factually incorrect about China and sara jahan, miniscule presence in South America and Antarctica.

 

I like your posts @Mariyam :icflove:, you are the wittiest poster here.  

She's also crazy pretty in real life... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 4:30 PM, Mariyam said:

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

Cheeno-arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara

[/ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

 

OK, that is obviously me trolling.  

What you said is true. But the decade wise fall in growth rate is the fastest for the Muslim community. So says this (and many other) reports on the basis of the 2011 Census.

 

Could it be down to legal age of marriage. I think GoI should make legal age for marriage same for boys and girls i.e. 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw , most north Indian states are land locked and that is the root cause of poverty. Teade with Nepal is not going to make them rich. Visit North east to actually realise how backward, infrastructurally ill equipped  and poor India is.

And people of UP and Bihar, dpecially UP have been made Chewtiya by Congress parties Chacha Nehuru and family. UP was their home state but they couldnt figure out how to uplift it. All they did was make Road in their home constituency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mishra said:

Or more controversial? State permission needed to have second child

It will become another centre for corruption. Return to 'licence raj' days. The right thing to do is would be on the lines of incentivizing all those families where the girls are working after graduation. Those families should get subsidized electricity/ their minimum taxable should be raised etc.

 

These may hit the coffers of the state in the short run, but there is no better contraceptive than an aware and independent woman who has a say in her own life and is an equal partner in the deciding when to have kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, fineleg said:

err what @Mariyam

14 hours ago, MechEng said:

She must have been Lord Shiva in fancy dress competition. :phehe:

Not a bad guess. It was a challenge actually. My friends alleged that I'd chicken out of holding that python. I showed more spunk that they'd imagined.

 

To be honest, I was scared out of my wits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, mishra said:

Btw , most north Indian states are land locked and that is the root cause of poverty. Teade with Nepal is not going to make them rich. Visit North east to actually realise how backward, infrastructurally ill equipped  and poor India is.

And people of UP and Bihar, dpecially UP have been made Chewtiya by Congress parties Chacha Nehuru and family. UP was their home state but they couldnt figure out how to uplift it. All they did was make Road in their home constituency.

Switzerland is land locked. Just saying.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 4:30 PM, Mariyam said:

*evil laugh*

[ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

Cheeno-arab hamara, Hindustan hamara

Muslim hai hum, watan sara jahan hamara

[/ 'reformed' Allama Iqbal mode]

 

OK, that is obviously me trolling.  

What you said is true. But the decade wise fall in growth rate is the fastest for the Muslim community. So says this (and many other) reports on the basis of the 2011 Census.

 

The fact is that the Muslim growth rate is still higher than all other religions and they are therefore causing the population problems the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×