Freedom Series Predictor - 3rd Test - Posters ranked 1-30 - Day 2 Updated !!!

goose

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:
  • Batsman - Rahul (or his replacement)
  • Bowler - Shami (or his replacement) 
  • Fielder - Wicketkeeper 

Fine if they pick Karthik but if they pick Parthiv you will be left without a Fielder because you already had Parthiv in 2nd test.

@goose are their any minus points if you pick a fielder and  he drops a catch?

I see people who picked Pappu Patel as fielder for 2nd test doing pretty well and  even though keeper is by default going to be the fielder who takes most catches etc atleast 9/10 times, guys like pappu screw teams with their catching as well. Shouldn’t that be accounted for?

Edited by maniac
7 minutes ago, maniac said:

@goose are their any minus points if you pick a fielder when he drops a catch?

I see people who picked Pappu Patel as fielder for 2nd test doing well even though keeper is by default going to be the fielder who takes most catches etc atleast 9/10 times, guys like pappu screw teams with their catching as well. Shouldn’t that be accounted for?

Interesting. We could consider it for future series. Who decides what is a missed catch though?

To be honest this has been a weird series. Normally in a 3 test series you would have one keeper, and posters would just need to decide which test they wanted to play their trump card i.e. choose the keeper to be the fielder. In this series it might be possible to have a keeper in every match coz they've all been different (if Karthik plays). In a five test series the performance of other catchers comes into things far more. 

Edited by goose
2 minutes ago, goose said:

Interesting. We could consider it for future series. Who decides what is a missed catch though?

To be honest this has been a weird series. Normally in a 3 test series you would have one keeper, and posters would just need to decide which test they wanted to play their trump card i.e. choose the keeper to be the fielder. In this series it might be possible to have a keeper in every match. In a five test series the performance of other catchers comes into things far more. 

Maybe missing a catch like letting it go through slip cordon etc can be overlooked but sure a drop catch can be accounted for .

Stumping miss can be subjective at times just like can’t penalize a fielder for missing a direct hit.