After booze is it normal to sleep for 14 to 16 hours ?

velu

Stop drinking booze man if it is making you sleep so much:damnmate: or learn to drink like a gentleman:beer: and not like a bevda:cheers:

Sleep , like everything else should be in moderation ( unless you are recovering from sickness or injury) .

Too little is bad and too much is bad .

7-9 hrs is what you  should aim for .

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

I doesn’t work like that for me...whenever I drink, I sleep really well for 4-5 hours but then wake up groggy.

Best sleep ever is eat dinner 2 hrs before bed,have a fruit may be 30-40 misn before...that is like the best sleep ever .

looks like felidae sleep more after booze than canidae :phehe:

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

It's pretty normal . I don't drink as much these days , but few drinks on Friday or Saturday ..I need 2 3 hrs of extra sleep to recover . 

Few years back , when I was drinking and smoking everything I could get my hands on , I have slept for 20-30 hrs lol

Looks like it coincided with all the Rohit Sharma 100s in Australia and 200s :phehe:

explains a lot :giggle:

1 minute ago, velu said:

i have another diubt regarding owls .. can they see properly in the day time ? :hmmm:

Owls can see in the daytime. Their pupils don't get as small as ours in bright light, so to block out the extra light, they often close their eyes half-way or more. They may look sleepy or even half asleep when really they are wide awake and alert.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/spring/OwlFacts.html

31 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Owls can see in the daytime. Their pupils don't get as small as ours in bright light, so to block out the extra light, they often close their eyes half-way or more. They may look sleepy or even half asleep when really they are wide awake and alert.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/spring/OwlFacts.html

when crows disturb them , they simply sit lazily in daytime :confused: 

No it is not normal to massively oversleep after passing out drunk.

I normally sleep seven hours and even in my university drinking days (when i was a newbie at drinking), i rarely topped 8.5 hrs of sleep. 

I guess a big diffrence is, i ALWAYS made sure i drank a whole glass or two of water before going to bed when i drank, but not sure.