Can India win the 3rd match? (carryover effects)

surajmal

Series lost, whatever. I'm more concerned about the long term view. 10 (this plus ENG/AUS) big test matches over the coming year and change. If they can manage to somehow maintain their top ranking, we will be looking at a sustained period of dominance of 5-6 yrs (2015 - 2020+). A win in the last test will go a long way towards addressing the fragile psyches of our maharathis with the effects (positive or negative) sure to carry over to the following 2 big series. 

Discuss. 

Edited by surajmal

SA plays badly when under pressure. By winning the series, they could be more relaxed. While Ind has its own set of troubles. To win in such a scenario would require great planning and execution. Ind has its work cut out. It is David vs Goliath 

9 minutes ago, zen said:

SA plays badly when under pressure. By winning the series, they could be more relaxed. While Ind has its own set of troubles. To win in such a scenario would require great planning and execution. Ind has its work cut out. It is David vs Goliath 

I thought India was Goliath ? 

No1 test nation is really David? :phehe:

9 hours ago, surajmal said:

Series lost, whatever. I'm more concerned about the long term view. 10 (this plus ENG/AUS) big test matches over the coming year and change. If they can manage to somehow maintain their top ranking, we will be looking at a sustained period of dominance of 5-6 yrs (2015 - 2020+). A win in the last test will go a long way towards addressing the fragile psyches of our maharathis with the effects (positive or negative) sure to carry over to the following 2 big series. 

Discuss. 

South Africa , England and Australia are gunning for you . 

Manipulation of home series to get to number 1 and crowing about it has not gone down well . It's pay back time 

58 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Opinion of some unknown artificial software don't count :laugh: India will win the match go India go :finger:

msdhoni-wt20-banrunout-600-24-1458806979

Bangladeshi cancer bot is still upset over this.. Ofcourse my opinion matters to you orelse you wouldn't quote me atall..Hope you don't reply with your second account now :hysterical: 

Edited by Rasgulla
12 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I thought India was Goliath ? 

No1 test nation is really David? :phehe:

Based on current form in the conditions we term as “overseas”, we are not the favs 

On the other hand, in conditions where we can play two spinners, we would be hard to beat, and these teams would struggle 

Unfortunately, there is no ideal test side like the famous WI team atm

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Based on current form in the conditions we term as “overseas”, we are not the favs 

On the other hand, in conditions where we can play two spinners, we would be hard to beat, and these teams would struggle 

Unfortunately, there is no ideal test side like the famous WI team atm

England beat South Africa 3-1 in South Africa 

It's down to ability as cricketers  and mental attitude that India can't compete overseas .

I give you an example of what I mean, in India they quote the Fab 4, outside Asia they look at it as the Fab 2. Two greats and two very good players but not greats like the other two. 

Sewag and Laxman didn't have the ability, determination and guts as Tendulkar and Dravid 

Just now, Tattieboy said:

England beat South Africa 3-1 in South Africa 

It's down to ability as cricketers  and mental attitude that India can't compete overseas .

I give you an example of what I mean, in India they quote the Fab 4, outside Asia they look at it as the Fab 2. Two greats and two very good players but not greats like the other two. 

Sewag and Laxman didn't have the ability, determination and guts as Tendulkar and Dravid 

I don’t see that^ as a meaningful comparison. Spin is Ind’s strength which usually gets negated overseas

Ind has won series in Eng too, while these guys usually tend to struggle in Ind

Just now, zen said:

I don’t see that^ as a meaningful comparison. Spin is Ind’s strength which usually gets negated overseas

Ind has won series in Eng too, while these guys usually tend to struggle in Ind

If you had two very good spinners you could win in England . How many wickets did Moen Ali take against South Africa and he isn't a spinner BUT Mathew Wade was correct with his sledge against Jadeja, won't be seen outside Asia because he is not good enough 

Batting in disarray,

Parthiv Patel still playing and still dropping catches because no young keeper backed during home season (Tests, ODIs or T20s)

It just a shambolic that no successor/backup is being identified for Dhoni/Saha

And the biggest issue - still waiting for that 90mph bowler, I know patience was running low with Yadav, but surely playing four quicks he should have played first two Tests

i dont know about in England but India will not win anything in Australia without an out and out quick bowler

Of course Rohit and Ishant have to go, another series gone and another failure. Never seen these two perform when chips are down

4 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

If you had two very good spinners you could win in England . How many wickets did Moen Ali take against South Africa and he isn't a spinner BUT Mathew Wade was correct with his sledge against Jadeja, won't be seen outside Asia because he is not good enough 

Again, it is an irrelevant discussion as Moin is playing at home vs a visiting side. Ind is a visiting team in Eng and not playing SA in tests in Eng

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Again, it is an irrelevant discussion as Moin is playing at home vs a visiting side. Ind is a visiting team in Eng and not playing SA in tests in Eng

Okay Moen Ali is better than former ranked NO1 bowler in the world. Nobody can perform outside the home conditions