India's Under 19 pace attack is frightening

Texy

35 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I like it that Indian fast bowlers, and their ability to bowl quick,  are being marketed nowadays.  

This is important and motivates the next generation of pacers to bowl quick. It also encourages the existing pacers to continue bowling with effort and sustain  Opposition teams are put under psychological pressure even before the series when they know that they will have to play a group of good quick bowlers.

I was really disappointed when someone of the stature of Zaheer made a public statement that Indian bodies are not meant to bowl fast ... just because he could not maintain his pace.

Thankfully, the days of that regressive mindset are over.

This is crucial when you compete against agrassive opposition like Australia in Australia, we need and should bank on bowlers who strive for pace to add  intimidation factor, having said that trend is shifting in india I guess Kerala alone has better and  quicker  fast bowlers than srilanka and Pakistan, warrior,thambi,km asif :aha:

56 minutes ago, speedheat said:

This is crucial when you compete against agrassive opposition like Australia in Australia, we need and should bank on bowlers who strive for pace to add  intimidation factor, having said that trend is shifting in india I guess Kerala alone has better and  quicker  fast bowlers than srilanka and Pakistan, warrior,thambi,km asif :aha:

Good to see the 2 young quicks from India . Seeing the overseas performance of the team i think they should be fasttracked . 

Its shocking that India are yet to find a replacement for someone as ordinary as Ishanth Sharma :facepam

You may make fun of srilanka but they have actually won more than India away against the top 5 sides when the spinners are negated . Infact the indian record of 18 -1 is comfortably the worst since 2011 . India could have done with a pradeep i guess . 

Get them in at worse theyll be another siraj but you might chance upon a decent bowler .

1 hour ago, the don said:

Good to see the 2 young quicks from India . Seeing the overseas performance of the team i think they should be fasttracked . 

Its shocking that India are yet to find a replacement for someone as ordinary as Ishanth Sharma :facepam

You may make fun of srilanka but they have actually won more than India away against the top 5 sides when the spinners are negated . Infact the indian record of 18 -1 is comfortably the worst since 2011 . India could have done with a pradeep i guess . 

Get them in at worse theyll be another siraj but you might chance upon a decent bowler .

Good to see you back man and yes India has horrendous away record absolutely true, its 23-2 actually outside asia since 2011, reason for that is lack of quality genuine quicks, inept captaincy and management see in the below pic, regarding ishant we have the replacement actually we have another genuinely quick pacer in domestics called as navdeep saini, constantly bowling 140-145k and getting wickets for fun he can easily replace  ishant but kohlis reliance on the seniors  is the obstacle, you have any genuinely quick pacer in u19???

IMG_20180113_153724.JPG

Edited by speedheat
1 hour ago, the don said:

On this tour , our bowlers have done well while our batters and catching have let us down.  We have taken all 40 SA wickets at 252 runs per innings.

There are atleast 2 replacements for Ishant ... but he plays on.  3 among Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah and Saini should be our test pacers outside Asia.

System seem to be working. The reach of various academies and the effort past players put( offcourse they are making money) in visiting various schools and all is very heatening. Thanks IPL!

But Now, we need a serious league which can give an alternative to IPL and Condition them for longer format

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Good to see you back man and yes India has horrendous away record absolutely true, its 23-2 actually outside asia since 2011, reason for that is lack of quality genuine quicks, inept captaincy and management see in the below pic, regarding ishant we have the replacement actually we have another genuinely quick pacer in domestics called as navdeep saini, constantly bowling 140-145k and getting wickets for fun he can easily replace  ishant but kohlis reliance on the seniors  is the obstacle, you have any genuinely quick pacer in u19???

IMG_20180113_153724.JPG

Muhammad ali , hasnain and arshad look pretty quick  .  

Hard to tell exact pace without speed guns while ali and hasnain aren't in the squad we will see shaheen and arshad in action on the 24th . Very excited about their potential . They are giants at around 6'6 and 6 '4 Pakistan needs taller bowlers or we'll keep getting murdered in austalia and southafrica. 

Indian priorities at the junior level are sorted . Would have been easy to pick an accurate swing bowler at that level and he might have done a job but they have gone the right way in nagarkoti and mavi .

Bhai yeh sab to thik hain, but what will happen once these Phasssst bowler get in the national team, play I-Pee-L, gain fame and are under Kohli-Shastri tutelage? It is not the physical ability, but the Indian frame of mind (psyche) I am worried about.

Edited by dandaroy
8 hours ago, express bowling said:

I like it that Indian fast bowlers, and their ability to bowl quick,  are being marketed nowadays.  

This is important and motivates the next generation of pacers to bowl quick. It also encourages the existing pacers to continue bowling with effort and sustain pace.  Opposition teams are put under psychological pressure even before the series when they know that they will have to play a group of good quick bowlers.

I was really disappointed when someone of the stature of Zaheer made a public statement that Indian bodies are not meant to bowl fast ... just because he could not maintain his pace.

Also beats the myth that red meat is needed to bowl quick. Fast bowling is all about mindset, it's serious hardwork to bowl at 140 kph consistently and that needs desire from the bowler to take on that challenge.

15 minutes ago, dandaroy said:

Bhai yeh sab to thik hain, but what will happen once these Phasssst bowler get in the national team, play I-Pee-L, gain fame and are under Kohli-Shastri tutelage? It is not the physical ability, but the Indian frame of mind (psyche) I am worried about.

Yes, it depends on how these bowlers see their cricket, do they bowl fast because they respect the art of bowling quick? or are they playing cricket for the sake of gaining fame?

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

This is important and motivates the next generation of pacers to bowl quick. It also encourages the existing pacers to continue bowling with effort and sustain pace.  Opposition teams are put under psychological pressure even before the series when they know that they will have to play a group of good quick bowlers.

Is this true about Zaheer? I know Sunny G made a similar remark and it made me absolutely furious. 

10 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Is this true about Zaheer? I know Sunny G made a similar remark and it made me absolutely furious. 

Indian bodies not designed to bowl fast - Zaheer

"You need to understand your bowling style and work on fitness that much more. The bottom line is as long you are able to produce results, it is fine. I also dropped pace, so basically it's important to know what works for you at the international level and put that into practice."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/page2/content/story/535672.html?comments=all

Edited by express bowling