The Australian Open 2018

Cricketics

Nadaltards in absolute ruins; a notorious Nadaltard from here is polluting other forums and websites with snide remarks about Federer's "miraculous" fitness with clear undertones...the irony of a Nadaltard doing that is lost on none lol. Wish the time violation rule was applied more strictly earlier on in Federer's career. Nadal and Djokovic abused the rule for too long and now as soon as it's being enforced to a minimal extent (still long way from what it should be), we see the results. 

Very pleased to see Djokovic's decline. Lots of Noletards were jumping about how Novak was BOAT, GOAT and had "owned" Fedal and what not. At the same age as Federer was when he was blitzing peak Novak off court at FO 11 and destroying him at Cincy 2012, Nole is getting his clock cleaned by Istomin, Chung, Thiem and Kyrgios. Karma is wonderful. Hoping for more beatdowns.

Nadal won't win RG this year. The race is over. Federer is GOAT. #20. Haters can cry us all a river. 

Edited by Dil Dil India

25 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Nadaltards in absolute ruins; a notorious Nadaltard from here is polluting other forums and websites with snide remarks about Federer's "miraculous" fitness with clear undertones...the irony of a Nadaltard doing that is lost on none lol. Wish the time violation rule was applied more strictly earlier on in Federer's career. Nadal and Djokovic abused the rule for too long and now as soon as it's being enforced to a minimal extent (still long way from what it should be), we see the results. 

Very pleased to see Djokovic's decline. Lots of Noletards were jumping about how Novak was BOAT, GOAT and had "owned" Fedal and what not. At the same age as Federer was when he was blitzing peak Novak off court at FO 11 and destroying him at Cincy 2012, Nole is getting his clock cleaned by Istomin, Chung, Thiem and Kyrgios. Karma is wonderful. Hoping for more beatdowns.

Nadal won't win RG this year. The race is over. Federer is GOAT. #20. Haters can cry us all a river. 

I was with you till the last line.
Never ever ever write off Rafa on Phillipe Chartier. Its his backyard practically and i dont think anyone has ever dominated a court like he has over there. 

As long as Rafa is not limping, he is the overwhelming favorite to win the French Open- atleast for the next 2-3 years.

But yea, Nole is done. He will be lucky to snag 1 Grand Slam from now on. There is a saying in physiotherapy : " If it isnt healed in six months, its not going to heal, its chronic and needs to be managed'. And thats the situation with Djokovic's elbow.

If you watch the match vs Chung, its clear that Djokovic's elbow is nowhere near 'match-fit' and its not going to be. Everytime he stretched out his arm for single-handed backhand block-retrieve, he was grimacing and moaning like in pain.

He also altered his service motion- the biggest and most important shot in tennis. That alone should tell you, how f*cked his elbow is. 

If his elbow cannot withstand a full-stretch backhand flick without pain, its not going to hold up for 7 rounds of best-of-five it takes to win a grand slam. he *MAY* luck out like Nadal's USO draw last year or like his draw the year before, when he got into the final despite not finishing 3 of 6 matches ( 1 withdrawl, 2 walk-overs IIRC) but beyond that, he is done. 

2 hours ago, zep1706 said:

Another pathetic slam, that's 4 in a row. I am missing the epic slam battles. Now it has become quite boring. Perhaps Djokovic needs to come back to spice it up a bit. 

No appreciation for Federer.

I see.

The guy beat the best other player in the tournament.

Cilic is playing some crazy good tennis.

I agree to your point that Djoker and Nadal need to join the party and Murray, but you got to remember the other young guys have caught up with them and thegame is just grting tougher from here ok for every player.

That is why Federer was crying like crazy because he knows he has to work extremely hard to win against the likes of Cilic.

48 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Never ever ever write off Rafa on Phillipe Chartier. Its his backyard practically and i dont think anyone has ever dominated a court like he has over there. 

As long as Rafa is not limping, he is the overwhelming favorite to win the French Open- atleast for the next 2-3 years.

But yea, Nole is done. He will be lucky to snag 1 Grand Slam from now on. There is a saying in physiotherapy : " If it isnt healed in six months, its not going to heal, its chronic and needs to be managed'. And thats the situation with Djokovic's elbow.

If you watch the match vs Chung, its clear that Djokovic's elbow is nowhere near 'match-fit' and its not going to be. Everytime he stretched out his arm for single-handed backhand block-retrieve, he was grimacing and moaning like in pain.

He also altered his service motion- the biggest and most important shot in tennis. That alone should tell you, how f*cked his elbow is. 

If his elbow cannot withstand a full-stretch backhand flick without pain, its not going to hold up for 7 rounds of best-of-five it takes to win a grand slam. he *MAY* luck out like Nadal's USO draw last year or like his draw the year before, when he got into the final despite not finishing 3 of 6 matches ( 1 withdrawl, 2 walk-overs IIRC) but beyond that, he is done. 

Tennis will miss recent rivalries involving Murray, Djoker but not for too long as there are some serious players out there to make the gsme competitive.

I mean the game, the mens field is just crazy hard with the likes of Cilic and then nutcase like Kyrgios never won a grandslam yet who is capable of winning 3-4 surely.

The most exciting and competive sport right now is Tennis, mens tennis.

40 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Agree re. Novak. Can't wait for Noletards explanations on why 29-30 year old Djokovic is getting his clock cleaned by random journeymen and newcomers whilst Federer was berated and criticized for not keeping up with peak Djokovic at 33,34 and 35 lol. Maybe finally they will see light after making fun of mono, back problems etc which handicapped Federer in 2008, 2013 and at points in 2010, 2012 and 2014 too (it's not just little Rafa who has injury problems)....Federer was very stupid to play on with back problems in 2013....Novak has retired in the past citing a sore throat...and Rafa randomly skipped AO 13 citing a stomach bug or some such nonsense...Federer should have taken a cue from their books...at least he is skipping RG at 37 thank Goodness!

As for your point about RG and Rafa - well taken, but I am quite sure he won't win it this year...just a gut feeling...we'll know in 4 months I guess! I don't see Federer winning Wimbledon either..hope I'm wrong...let's just hope Rafa doesn't get the easiest draw in slam history like USO 2017 where he faced no one above rank 28 (?) or whatever farce it was...and hope Novak doesn't luck out with million retirements and walkovers. Now that Nole and Rafa are on the wrong side of 30, they will lose more and more. Younger opponents destroying them like rag dolls on the court will be Karma and the tears of their fanbases in meltdown will be delicious.

6 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Agree re. Novak. Can't wait for Noletards explanations on why 29-30 year old Djokovic is getting his clock cleaned by random journeymen and newcomers whilst Federer was berated and criticized for not keeping up with peak Djokovic at 33,34 and 35 lol. Maybe finally they will see light after making fun of mono, back problems etc which handicapped Federer in 2008, 2013 and at points in 2010, 2012 and 2014 too (it's not just little Rafa who has injury problems)....Federer was very stupid to play on with back problems in 2013....Novak has retired in the past citing a sore throat...and Rafa randomly skipped AO 13 citing a stomach bug or some such nonsense...Federer should have taken a cue from their books...at least he is skipping RG at 37 thank Goodness!

As for your point about RG and Rafa - well taken, but I am quite sure he won't win it this year...just a gut feeling...we'll know in 4 months I guess! I don't see Federer winning Wimbledon either..hope I'm wrong...let's just hope Rafa doesn't get the easiest draw in slam history like USO 2017 where he faced no one above rank 28 (?) or whatever farce it was...and hope Novak doesn't luck out with million retirements and walkovers. Now that Nole and Rafa are on the wrong side of 30, they will lose more and more. Younger opponents destroying them like rag dolls on the court will be Karma and the tears of their fanbases in meltdown will be delicious.

IMO the problem with Federer was his age. Everyone looks at age in terms of 'physical peaks ' etc. but the biggest point ignored, is that of the equipment. Tennis equipment evolves continuously and every 10 years, we have a new type of racket. 

Federer's game is based on the 90s model - 2-3 shot rallies and quick points. The entire point of rallying, from the 90s (when Federer grew up) was to set-up a winner. You unload a winner the moment the ball is short/slow enough. Not like Djokovic/Murray etc. who will bunt back a half-court ball to 'continue' the rally.

In this aspect, his smaller racket didn't hurt him, as his game is based on using his backhand to set-up the forehand and use his phenomenal footwork to cover his forehand side (much like Graf used to do). 

But as he got older, his ability to cover the forehand side declined and players like Rafa, Nole and Murray applied the 'backhand lockdown' strategy against him.

With his smaller racket, he couldnt consistently hit top-spin backhands with much power ( look back 10 years and most of Federer's top-spin backhands are high bouncing loopy backhands, not laser shots like his forehand). 

His reneissance today, is due to him getting comfortable with his new racket - enough that his backhand side is a dangerous side and not just 'set-up for the forehand' side. 

This and smarter serving is what's keeping Federer in the mix today and is covering up his decline in foot-speed.

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

No appreciation for Federer.

I see.

The guy beat the best other player in the tournament.

Cilic is playing some crazy good tennis.

I agree to your point that Djoker and Nadal need to join the party and Murray, but you got to remember the other young guys have caught up with them and thegame is just grting tougher from here ok for every player.

That is why Federer was crying like crazy because he knows he has to work extremely hard to win against the likes of Cilic.

I did not see a single Fed fan (or tard) appreciating Nadal in this thread. All we got was how soft the draw was lol. Fedtard Dil Dil India went to a coma after Nadal won the US open and finished the year as #1. At least I have the decency to stick around. 

Edited by zep1706

But tennis as a whole has become a lot boring. Last 4 slams have been fairly predictable without any great matches. I said that when Nadal won the RG and US open last year. The last good slam was AO2017. I am fairly consistent with that assessment, it has nothing to do with Federer winning. Federer played a grand total of one decent player and that was in the final who sort of threw it away in the end. Other than that his draw was as soft as Nadal's US open draw but you wouldn't hear many complaints about it. @Cricketics

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

As for beating Rafa - there are only two players, who can beat Rafa, when Rafa is less than 80% and they are at 100% on clay : Goffin and Thiem. 

Schwartzman can match Nadal in stamina and consistency on clay right now, but given his height i am not sure he can deal with nadal's crazy top-spin on that surface.

I will add a 3rd name-> Chung. Chung's weak serve won't matter too much on PC and his baseline game is as good as prime Nole's, his extremely good 2HBH won't be bullied by Nadal's FH either. Plus Nadal unlike Fed plays a monotonous game which might play into Chung's hands, we all saw how Djokovic allowed Chung to play his game in AO while Fed with his variety made life hell for the Korean. Also if Nadal is significantly limited because of injury even a Fognini can throw in a surprise. But ofc if Nadal is fit and healthy he isn't dropping a set on PC with the current competition around. 

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

As for beating Rafa - there are only two players, who can beat Rafa, when Rafa is less than 80% and they are at 100% on clay : Goffin and Thiem. 

Schwartzman can match Nadal in stamina and consistency on clay right now, but given his height i am not sure he can deal with nadal's crazy top-spin on that surface.

Rafa pushed himself too much to get that #1 last year, it will cost him this year.

As for zeppy the most notorious Nadaltard along with Raghav, someone tell this kid that posting snide remarks with disgusting insinuations doesn't constitute "sticking around". I am loving the vamos brigade meltdown.

Also, lol @ comparing Federer's AO 2018 draw with Nadal's USO 2017 draw. Nadal didn't face anyone ranked in the top 25 even lol. Federer faced current world number 3 (technically 6 at the time of the match) in the final and current #16 a couple of rounds before. This AO 2018 draw was better than Nadal's joke USO 2010 and 2013 draws, let alone the pathetic USO 2017, which is objectively the worst draw since probably Wimbledon 1973 lol. I don't think even AA's AO 2003 compares.

Edited by Dil Dil India

In other news, our friend from across the border is spreading crap about how Djokovic "butchered" Federer when Federer was at his peak....I can understand Nadal fans making that argument somewhat, but a Djokovic fan? Hahahaha @bones

It's funny how the vast majority of Djokovic's slam wins vs Federer came when Federer was on the wrong side of 30.

When Federer < 30, Djokovic was 1-3 at the USO (with the 1 loss coming in a 5 setter for Fed where he had MPs), 0-1 at FO. He never faced a sub 30 Federer at Wimbledon, a near 31 year old Fed cleaned Novak's clock at Wimbledon and a Federer with no baseline game took Djoko to 5 and 4 sets at 33-34 years of age lol. The AO 2011 is the only impressive win in slams that Djokovic has against a healthy, fit sub 30 Federer and even that Federer was a good 2 levels below AO 2007. To put it in perspective, the time abusing grinding pusher is getting his clock cleaned by Thiem, Istomin, Chung, Querrey etc at a much younger age than Federer was when he faced peak Djoko. Long may the beatings continue. Hope Djokovic loses more and more. Djokotards are the worst fanbase ever. The fall of their fake idol sending bones and his ilk into epic meltdowns gives me great pleasure.

Edited by Dil Dil India

8 hours ago, zep1706 said:

But tennis as a whole has become a lot boring. Last 4 slams have been fairly predictable without any great matches. I said that when Nadal won the RG and US open last year. The last good slam was AO2017. I am fairly consistent with that assessment, it has nothing to do with Federer winning. Federer played a grand total of one decent player and that was in the final who sort of threw it away in the end. Other than that his draw was as soft as Nadal's US open draw but you wouldn't hear many complaints about it. @Cricketics

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

What are the odds of Nadal and Fed getting RG and SW19 respectively? LOL Tennis is now a joke. 

So let me start by saying that there is no wrong or right here what you guys are saying. I can't agree or disagree with you on this.  It looks boring to you because you are wanting to see Nadal or Djokovic or Murray and same can be said for many Federer fans that they want to see Federer perform and moment these big four are not playing or producing the results their fan want, Tennis seem boring.

And there is nothing wrong, its just natural because these guys have ruled the Tennis world in last decade or so.

I am a big fan of Challenger tournaments and I watched the rise of David Goffin and guys like Chung, Nishikori etc. The transition they made is impeccable and that is why for me this is a really exciting time.

I think Tennis as a whole is producing more challenging players now then ever before. We have hope of seeing other players win slam now than ever before. Dimitrov came very close to winning a slam here.

8 hours ago, zep1706 said:

I did not see a single Fed fan (or tard) appreciating Nadal in this thread. All we got was how soft the draw was lol. Fedtard Dil Dil India went to a coma after Nadal won the US open and finished the year as #1. At least I have the decency to stick around. 

Have always appreciated Nadal even though I am not as crazy a fan of him as I am of Wawrinka or Federer or any of the other guys.

It doesn't have to be that particular thread, it could be ATP thread or any.

Nadal will be favorite again to win on the dirt when the summer is here, but like Muloghonto mentioned, there are guys who are capable of beating him like ever before.

Nadal will most likely make it 17slams very soon unless he is injure

On 1/28/2018 at 9:53 PM, zep1706 said:

Look, Rafa's USO victory was what ? first time in 20-25 years or something silly like that that someone has won a slam without facing a SINGLE seeded player? 

So yes, that was pretty weak-sauce from Rafa. 
But where Federer gets appreciation and Rafa does not- not yet- is being a grandpa who is winning slams. If Rafito won slams at 36-37, no one is gonna whine about a soft draw, it would be 'this is un-friggin-believable that he is winning slams and not fishing at retirement home'.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, Gollum said:

I will add a 3rd name-> Chung. Chung's weak serve won't matter too much on PC and his baseline game is as good as prime Nole's, his extremely good 2HBH won't be bullied by Nadal's FH either. Plus Nadal unlike Fed plays a monotonous game which might play into Chung's hands, we all saw how Djokovic allowed Chung to play his game in AO while Fed with his variety made life hell for the Korean. Also if Nadal is significantly limited because of injury even a Fognini can throw in a surprise. But ofc if Nadal is fit and healthy he isn't dropping a set on PC with the current competition around. 

Um, i dont think Chung is there yet. Don't forget that Rafa's aura in Phillipe Chatrier is the biggest aura anyone has ever had on any court in history of tennis - even players like Djokovic, Federer etc. are mentally half beaten before they step foot in there when Rafito is across the net.

Rafa is a superior player to Djokovic tactically - he had an awesome match vs Schwartzmann and when little Diego was going bonkers, Rafa was able to break the rhythm by slicing the crap out of the ball. 

Yes, injured or rusty Nadal can be beaten, especially this stage in his career at RG, but if Rafa comes in RG with 1-2 clay masters to his name, i'd give him a 95% chance of winning RG with the 5% uncertainty if and only if he gets to meet the likes of Goffin or Thiem around 4th round/QF and they have a brilliant day.

On 1/29/2018 at 5:59 AM, Dil Dil India said:

In other news, our friend from across the border is spreading crap about how Djokovic "butchered" Federer when Federer was at his peak....I can understand Nadal fans making that argument somewhat, but a Djokovic fan? Hahahaha @bones

It's funny how the vast majority of Djokovic's slam wins vs Federer came when Federer was on the wrong side of 30.

When Federer < 30, Djokovic was 1-3 at the USO (with the 1 loss coming in a 5 setter for Fed where he had MPs), 0-1 at FO. He never faced a sub 30 Federer at Wimbledon, a near 31 year old Fed cleaned Novak's clock at Wimbledon and a Federer with no baseline game took Djoko to 5 and 4 sets at 33-34 years of age lol. The AO 2011 is the only impressive win in slams that Djokovic has against a healthy, fit sub 30 Federer and even that Federer was a good 2 levels below AO 2007. To put it in perspective, the time abusing grinding pusher is getting his clock cleaned by Thiem, Istomin, Chung, Querrey etc at a much younger age than Federer was when he faced peak Djoko. Long may the beatings continue. Hope Djokovic loses more and more. Djokotards are the worst fanbase ever. The fall of their fake idol sending bones and his ilk into epic meltdowns gives me great pleasure.

Federer and Djokovic never played each other at their peaks. Federer's peak was from 2004-2009. Djokovic's peak was from 2011-2016 (mid). 

I'd give Federer an edge over Djokovic at their peaks, because at their absolute bests, Federer is a far superior shot-maker, quicker around the court and able to win a lot more free points on the serve. Yes, Djokovic is the greatest defender not named Rafa on clay, but people forget, Federer at his peak was the 2nd best defender of his time, after Rafa (and on non-clay, the best defender AND attacker), so his defensive gap with Djokovic is far lesser than his offensive gap against the same guy.

The fact that an off-peak Federer thumped a total peak Djokovic at the FO tells me all i need to know what'd happen in a hypothetical 24-25 year old Federer facing off against a 25-26 year old Djokovic.

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Look, Rafa's USO victory was what ? first time in 20-25 years or something silly like that that someone has won a slam without facing a SINGLE seeded player? 

I don't understand why you keep peddling the same BS over and over again. He faced two seeded players, both Del Potro and Anderson were seeded.

Men’s Seeds

1. Rafael Nadal
2. Andy Murray
3. Roger Federer
4. Alexander Zverev
5. Marin Cilic
6. Dominic Thiem
7. Grigor Dimitrov
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
9. David Goffin
10. John Isner
11. Roberto Bautista Agut
12. Pablo Carreno Busta
13. Jack Sock
14. Nick Kyrgios
15. Tomas Berdych
16. Lucas Pouille
17. Sam Querrey
18. Gael Monfils
19. Gilles Muller
20. Albert Ramos-Vinolas
21. David Ferrer 
22. Fabio Fognini
23. Mischa Zverev
24. Juan Martin del Potro
25. Karen Khachanov
26. Richard Gasquet
27. Pablo Cuevas
28. Kevin Anderson
29. Diego Schwartzman
30. Adrian Mannarino
31. Feliciano Lopez
32. Robin Haase

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2017-08-24/2017-08-22_nadal_pliskova_named_top_seeds_at_2017_us_open.html?chip=1

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

So yes, that was pretty weak-sauce from Rafa. 
But where Federer gets appreciation and Rafa does not- not yet- is being a grandpa who is winning slams. If Rafito won slams at 36-37, no one is gonna whine about a soft draw, it would be 'this is un-friggin-believable that he is winning slams and not fishing at retirement home'.

Federer won exactly one slam between the age of 29 and 35 (2011-2016), Nadal has already won more in the same age range and he has 3-4 years left in that range. Nadal also won when he was a teenager, Federer didn't. So hold your horses. 

Edited by zep1706

On 1/29/2018 at 9:23 AM, Cricketics said:

Have always appreciated Nadal even though I am not as crazy a fan of him as I am of Wawrinka or Federer or any of the other guys.

It doesn't have to be that particular thread, it could be ATP thread or any.

Nadal will be favorite again to win on the dirt when the summer is here, but like Muloghonto mentioned, there are guys who are capable of beating him like ever before.

Nadal will most likely make it 17slams very soon unless he is injure

lol there were no appreciation anywhere, not even one post. Nice try though. It was all about weak draw, I didn't see you complaining then.