Guha’s Poignant piece on Kohli

Most of this article is a known thing.. Good that it got out in a print media.. No one doubts Kohli's skills and ability but ego can ruin things for him.I call upon SRT, if he has some guts, to say things as is.. I doubt if any current player can speak up at this point.

Bedi is another person who said similar things somewhere..

8 minutes ago, veer said:

Most of this article is a known thing.. Good that it got out in a print media.. No one doubts Kohli's skills and ability but ego can ruin things for him.I call upon SRT, if he has some guts, to say things as is.. I doubt if any current player can speak up at this point.

Bedi is another person who said similar things somewhere..

Sachin is the biggest coward,selfish person that ever could be. He would never speak anything against anyone. All he wants is, his ass covered. And to think that he got Shastri to where shastri is, why would he raise concerns?

What an utter nonsense, where has Kumble proved that he is deep thinker of the game and had great tactics.I would take Shastri over timid Kumble anyday.Kumble might be good in giving work out to boys but tactics I am not sure, his short stint as captain never revealed any great tactician.  Guha is one of those guys who always has to be contrarian.

Kumble is greatest match winner India has produced but it took him ages to even  effective overseas

There are no conspiracy theories , Kohli after his has always come out and expressed his short comings which no other Indian captain has done before , I find it amusing that people want to choose who he has to work with , if he was not comfortable with Kumble for whatever reason, Kumble needed to go, end of discussion.Kumble the manager is not important than Kohli the captain or player. Losses and Wins are going against his name not Kumble's.

It is utter nonsense again from Guha about equating Indian population to results.India has not produced one genuine fast bowler who has taken more 100 wickets . This team has at least given accountability and not offered any excuses about coach not giving them confidence or coach went behind our back and wrote to media nonsense which was perpetuated by Sachin and co.

There is no need for any pontification here, batting and catching was simply not good enough and it has got nothing to do with Kohli or Shastri. Yes you can crib about Rahane not playing but they choose to play Rohit.Rahane has third test and England tour to prove them wrong .

37 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What an utter nonsense, where has Kumble proved that he is deep thinker of the game and had great tactics.I would take Shastri over timid Kumble anyday.

I stopped reading your post at this.... Shashtri is totally a 'Yes' boss.. he is all about talking big but doesnt put any hard yards.. is is happy with his big fat checks.. and he knows they will keep on coming as long as he stays on Kohli's good side.

I stopped reading your post at this.... Shashtri is totally a 'Yes' boss.. he is all about talking big but doesnt put any hard yards.. is is happy with his big fat checks.. and he knows they will keep on coming as long as he stays on Kohli's good side.

Why is Shastri yes boss and why is he a worse coach than Kumble.

Tell me as a coach what is his role and how has he failed in it . How Kumble was better in extracting from his players.

Being on good terms with captain doesn’t make him yes boss, if it did John Wright or Gary Kirsten would be able he same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is Shastri yes boss and why is he a worse coach than Kumble.

Tell me as a coach what is his role and how has he failed in it . How Kumble was better in extracting from his players.

Being on good terms with captain doesn’t make him yes boss, if it did John Wright or Gary Kirsten would be able he same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did he not pull in Rahane in two games when Kohli didnt want Rahane to play? What are Rohit's credential compare to Rahane's for playing overseas test?

Why didnt he question Kohli when he dropped Bhuvi in 2nd test when his bowling and batting played a vital role in 1st game?

Why didnt he push Kohli to select KL Rahul when he was better placed to succeed in compare to Dhawan.. ?

Do you want more reasons/examples?

Kumble on other hand pushed Kuldeep's selection which actually turned out to be game changer for Ind-Aus game..

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

What an utter nonsense, where has Kumble proved that he is deep thinker of the game and had great tactics.I would take Shastri over timid Kumble anyday.Kumble might be good in giving work out to boys but tactics I am not sure, his short stint as captain never revealed any great tactician.  Guha is one of those guys who always has to be contrarian.

Kumble is greatest match winner India has produced but it took him ages to even  effective overseas

There are no conspiracy theories , Kohli after his has always come out and expressed his short comings which no other Indian captain has done before , I find it amusing that people want to choose who he has to work with , if he was not comfortable with Kumble for whatever reason, Kumble needed to go, end of discussion.Kumble the manager is not important than Kohli the captain or player. Losses and Wins are going against his name not Kumble's.

It is utter nonsense again from Guha about equating Indian population to results.India has not produced one genuine fast bowler who has taken more 100 wickets . This team has at least given accountability and not offered any excuses about coach not giving them confidence or coach went behind our back and wrote to media nonsense which was perpetuated by Sachin and co.

There is no need for any pontification here, batting and catching was simply not good enough and it has got nothing to do with Kohli or Shastri. Yes you can crib about Rahane not playing but they choose to play Rohit.Rahane has third test and England tour to prove them wrong .

When there are proven coaches all around the world with good coaching credentials why to settle with Shastri. Is he worth for 1.17 million dollars job? Even Bangladesh are choosy and it shows in their transformation. Think about how much Gary Kristen brought to the table. 

How come Rahane who has proven track history with more overseas accomplishments than Kohli been dropped? Don’t coach have anything to say about it? Averages almost 54 overseas. He was our best bat and failure against srilanka does not count anything.

Now there is no core group to build the team. batsmen are unsure about their places in the team. They need supportive management not chopping and changing tactics of the core group. 

Biased selection of Rohit who is proven overseas failure is another mismanagement. Kohli tried his best to accommodate Rohit by dropping pujara, changing his own position and now dropping Rahane. Back to square one- next test match they will drop him for rahane and will bring back for somebody else in the future- maybe in place of Pujara. This cycle will continue

14 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sachin is the biggest coward,selfish person that ever could be. He would never speak anything against anyone. All he wants is, his ass covered. And to think that he got Shastri to where shastri is, why would he raise concerns?

Sachin was hardly a guy who would meekly do what is told to do during his playing days.

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Sachin was hardly a guy who would meekly do what is told to do during his playing days.

I accept he was a genius. However, what I see of him now, I find it disgusting. I find him selfish. Please dont also forget it was him who openly said he invited Shastri to apply for the position of the coach. However, Sachin was one of the juries for the selection and this was clearly a conflict of interest. I wonder why noone spoke this!

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I accept he was a genius. However, what I see of him now, I find it disgusting. I find him selfish. Please dont also forget it was him who openly said he invited Shastri to apply for the position of the coach. However, Sachin was one of the juries for the selection and this was clearly a conflict of interest. I wonder why noone spoke this!

I guess he should apologize to you for not having a perspective and a viewpoint that agrees with yours.  All the time.  

I was, and am strongly anti-Shastri as far as the coaching gig is concerned.   And I thought Kumble was the perfect foil for an immature and inexperienced Captain Kohli, as has now been shown conclusively.  But I don't understand why you have to get all frothing at the mouth, just because Sachin or any other XYZ doesn't agree with your personal viewpoint.